• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How far would you go to protect your dog?

I hate hearing stories about poisoned dogs. A woman in my neighborhood was rumored to have put anti freeze in the bowls of neighbors' dogs. it was never proven and it was probably urban lore, but I was down to visit my parents and she was on her porch just looking at me and my dog a few months ago - I didnt say anything but I gave her a look that suggested that I was more than willing to destroy her if she even pondered it.

How far would you go to protect your dog?

There is no limit. My best friend & companion.
He would never ever act with any agression toward a stranger. He loves people & greets all with a wagging tail.
I can easily watch programs that raise awareness for human suffering and neglect but have to change the channel when it applies to animals.
F with my dog I promise you'll discover a world of pain.

f my dog shits in my kitchen again, I'd pay someone to shoot my dog.. Kidding she' quickly becoming my best friend, but the puppy crap has got to stop

Timing is everything.

Get her outside a little more often and time her feeding a little better. Most dogs have to go about ten to twenty minutes after they eat. My dog is like clockwork. He eats and ten minutes later I let him out and he goes. My previous two were the same.

Mess with my dog, and you're dead. I don't give a sh*t about the consequences.

IMG_1674.jpg

All internet BS aside, I realize that protecting the life of a pet is not legally grounds for lethal force (inside or outside the home)
However, I love my pets and would risk my life and my freedom to protect them. If someone killed them, I would probably not kill them in retaliation, but If someone were trying to kill them, I would kill them before I let them kill my pets. Screw the fallout afterwards. NOBODY hurts my family while I am still drawing breath. That is the hill I choose to die on.

I am sure Fido will place flowers on you grave after he licks his ball-less sack because you "fixed" him.

I posted my answer to this a while ago. A guy and a women were walking their unleashed dog in the woods behind my house. My Rottie was in her pen and started barking at them. The women was afraid of my dog and said so to the guy. The guys says "I'll just shoot the dog if it jumps the fence." I walked out on the back deck with an AR and told him that is he so much as drew a gun, I was going to drop him where he stood.

He then said he was going to call the cops on me. I told him that I would do him one better. I yelled to my wife "Honey! This idiot out back threatened to shoot Ursa and now wants to call the cops on me!" She walked out of the door in full uniform and asked what the problem was.

You harm my dogs, I will kill you.

If someone was caught in the act of killing or attempting to kill my dog, I feel I would have reasonable belief that if they continued upon my arrival, imminent threat was due to me if I were to let them continue to breathe... That said, having lost a relative recently, it puts my old dog in perspective as to what they are when compared with the rest of my family. If you kill my dog when I'm not there, I'll only make you wish you had died. Yea, I'd probably jump into freezing water after my dog, but I'd call somebody first for backup.

Mike

My neighbor poisoned my 6 year old German Shepard just to get to me. I was so angry I was dead calm and I can tell you that when that happens you realize that if you don't keep it under control somebody is going to get hurt and someone is going to jail. I did handle the situation but when you have a family that depends on you, ya just can't loose your cool. Trust me when I tell you their are a lot of ways to skin a cat. That is the only time in my life I have been so angry I was dead calm, I was actually afraid of me. You have to know when to keep your cool, opertunity will present itself

"Hey, accidents happen everywhere...it's a scary world we live in. Sleep tight, and watch your pilot light. [smile]"

With that said, f*** with the family or pets...well as the saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Really sorry to hear that. I'm very interested to know how that situation turned out, if you don't mind sharing.

All I can say is it is handled. Killing someone's dog for the sake of being cruel is frowned on by the majority. It wasn't dificult to turn the table on him. I'm sure he will never cross me again and that is all I can say. Keeping a cool head will always serve you best though.

The way I look at it is, if they try to kill my dog, they are trying to kill me. By incapacitating(or attempting to) is to take down my defenses and puts me "in fear of my life". Let's face it, what's going to make them stop at my dog?

Also, I'm sure I'm going to hell for this, but I love and care about my dog more than some of my family members. Wouldn't be wise to go after him.

c6e4c994-5207-d837.jpg

I'd be a little more worried about the intruder. But in the event he was being attacked, I'd stop at nothing to defend my dog.

All internet BS aside, I realize that protecting the life of a pet is not legally grounds for lethal force (inside or outside the home)
However, I love my pets and would risk my life and my freedom to protect them. If someone killed them, I would probably not kill them in retaliation, but If someone were trying to kill them, I would kill them before I let them kill my pets. Screw the fallout afterwards. NOBODY hurts my family while I am still drawing breath. That is the hill I choose to die on.

What he said !

the way I see it, my dogs are defending me, so that means I am in mortal danger and that means I can stop the threat.

I have answered this question in other threads but I will once again say, I would die for and to no less extent kill for my dog. I don't think any more need be said.

I could only assume if someone was trying to kill my dog, they were doing so in an attempt to remove one of my tools of protection in order to kill me. I'd respond as appropriate as I'd be in fear of my life.

To all those people who responded with vengeful acts of violence, remember this:

Now that you've said it, don't ever do it because this posting will get dug up and waved around the court by some prosecuting land shark as proof of premeditation, regardless of the circumstances.

Yes, losing my dog will be probably be about as emotionally traumatic to me as losing a family member. Any humanoid that maliciously perpetrates that act will invoke my ire.

And I'm also sure the likes of Jesse Cohen, Scrivener, (et al) would advise me to shut the fork up right now.

Back
Top Bottom