How does someone contact admin

Don't forget about removing the OP's neg rep from the scammer. These scammers could not be dumber. You'd figure theyd lay low, nope, they give out neg rep and bring on more scrutiny.
I'm really hoping he will. I know that in the future I'll just pm these scammers directly to admin.

I realize I am naive, but no one has explained what the scam is that provoked this thread. Would someone care to explain?

I realize I am naive, but no one has explained what the scam is that provoked this thread. Would someone care to explain?
Not relegated to gun-related forums, a common scam is for (typically a new, unknown) account to contact a user who is wanting to purchase an item. Almost every time they want to immediatley take it off the website, asking to email some highly generic American name, a copy paste title of the item, like "Hello FC Magic my name is Mark Adam and I have a WTB SIG Sauer P320 9mm with Mags for sale - please email me at markadam123@gmail" where they will try and get you to pay for the item and you will never hear from them again. Frequently they want something irrevocable, like a USPS MO, money wired to them, prepaid gift cards (VISA, Amazon, Itunes, etc). Usually done by bums in India or East Africa who are pretty shit at doing it and basically use the same format where you can tell right away, but I guess no need to change since people fall for it.

Less common here but still happens plenty, especially selling cars, they will want to buy your car, but for some reason "I am a disabled veteran who is stationed in California my dog just died and your 2002 Camry is the exact car I want, I will pay you [$XXX, which can be well over asking price]." .....some reason they cannot see it in person. They send you a check or something for more money than the agreed upon amount. The amount deposits in your bank........ They are very aplogetic and ask for you to send back the extra ~$500-1000, which you do. The check bounces the next business day, but you sent them $$$ from your account, aaaand they're gone.

This dude hit me up too. Too bad he had me half chub at a good deal.

Knew his writing was too sketchy.

Back
Top Bottom