How does Powder Valley.....

They have powder ,you just have to check every day. I ordered a keg of Varget last week.It was all sold out in a day. These days you have to be quick on the trigger.

How do they stay in business when they have absolutely no powder, ammunition, primers or bullets?? Just wondering...........
Easy they stock pile the cash they made on the inventory they had , im sure there are items in stock they are still selling and as soon as they get anything its sol

i also think some places just put a blanket OOS on everything so they can take a day or two to play catch up

Last edited:
Nothing in stock because it all sells out as fast as they list it. And making BANK on anything they do get. Not sitting on your inventory. and hoping it sells Not having to run specials to get customers to buy anything . Not a bad business to be in right now. one of my assumptions is also that guys that were reloading 2000 or so a month in panic are loading 4000 and next guy who used to load 4000 is doing 6-8 K and stashing it in fear he won't find anymore.

Say you have a business. You have 800k of inventory.
You expect to sell 500k over 1 year
You have a panic buy situation You sell 800k in three months
You have nothing left
You get some small shipments in every couple days and they sell out once you list them

Pretty hard to fail in that situation

How do they stay in business when they have absolutely no powder, ammunition, primers or bullets?? Just wondering...........
Because you and 1,787,682 other people are relentlessly staring at their laptop with powder loaded in their shopping cart with their finger on the "CHECKOUT" button waiting.......

Anything related to a gun is currently selling out faster that your laptop can refresh the screen...

Myself EXCLUDED...

DSCF0408-1.jpg

IMG-20200316-183343186-TOP.jpg

Last edited:
The only people who are getting a shot at reloading components online are receiving IM's on their phone (from an invite-only Reddit group, I think) telling them the split-second that an item is in stock. They have all their CC and address information already input and they just have time to mash the checkout button.

Think Brickseek, but for reloading components.

Trying to find components retail or by "browsing" the web is a fool's errand at this point.

There was a poster to AR15.com who was sending "invites" to the group.

ETA: If you have more than you need of a particular component, more than enough for say the next year or so--maybe put a notice in the Reloading forum. A lot of guys could no doubt use the help.

Last edited:
Because you and 1,787,682 other people are relentlessly staring at their laptop with powder loaded in their shopping cart with their finger on the "CHECKOUT" button waiting.......

Anything related to a gun is currently selling out faster that your laptop can refresh the screen...

Myself EXCLUDED...

View attachment 439927

View attachment 439928
I’m impressed.......that nothing under that bench grinder has caught fire. You must be doing something right.

The only people who are getting a shot at reloading components online are receiving IM's on their phone (from an invite-only Reddit group, I think) telling them the split-second that an item is in stock. They have all their CC and address information already input and they just have time to mash the checkout button.

Think Brickseek, but for reloading components.

Trying to find components retail or by "browsing" the web is a fool's errand at this point.

There was a poster to AR15.com who was sending "invites" to the group.

ETA: If you have more than you need of a particular component, more than enough for say the next year or so--maybe put a notice in the Reloading forum. A lot of guys could no doubt use the help.
Close. It’s all user based. People posting when stuff is in stock. Problem lately is that it’s selling out by the time people post the notification. But you get lucky sometimes. I certainly have. The reloading server is on discord.

But there are others using software thingy (it’s called Distill) to monitor changes in inventory on websites. Those are the ones who have a much better chance at scoring. But unless you pay to have notifications sent to your phone, distill can only work if you have it set up on your computer and your monitoring it 24/7. I don’t have the luxury (or time) to stare at a computer screen all day.

How old is that tub of Unique????? Paper tub?
That keg of Unique and the one behind it which is an old metal screw top keg of Winchester WST was given to me by a good friend whom shot IPSC in the late 80's and no longer reloads. So i'm guessing the kegs are circa 1987-ish ?

"A-Tips" as in the older "A-Max's ? The bullets in the pic are 6.5mm 147gr ELD-M's I believe they are the "new" composite tip style replacing the old A-Maxes
Ahh, ok. Good projectiles those ELD-Ms. I thought those were the aluminum tipped version (which are a bit pricey).

Myself EXCLUDED...

View attachment 439927

View attachment 439928
Please tell me you don't use that grinder right over all that powder

Back
Top Bottom