• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?

pretty certain people have a busted sarcasm meter

Thanks Boghog, I didn't think anyone would take that post seriously. I'm sorry I messed up your thread. I agree with JayMcB, if you were to get into a gun fight with a bad guy, and the police show up, they will start shooting at anyone not in uniform.

Thanks Boghog, I didn't think anyone would take that post seriously. I'm sorry I messed up your thread. I agree with JayMcB, if you were to get into a gun fight with a bad guy, and the police show up, they will start shooting at anyone not in uniform.

My assumption is that if I ever find myself in a gunfight, whatever that looks like, I am completely ****ed. If I survive, then I may get killed by the police when they show up. If I survive that, then I will probably be bankrupted by legal proceedings.

If you ever find yourself in a bad situation, assume you are ****ed and go from there. Everyone assumes that they are going to shoot someone and go home to sleep in their bed. Maybe that is not what they should expect.

The author left out the most important way of differentiating a good guy from a bad guy. If I'm walking through the mall, and I see someone with an AK-47, then I will shoot that person in the back. On the other hand, if I see someone walking through the mall with an AR-15, then I will assume that they're a good guy. I know that this will upset some members on this forum, but I have always questioned their patriotism due to their choice in firearms.

lol let me guess you dont buy rugers cause of what some dead guy said, and you still think Tompkins PLC owns smith and wesson and that the HUD agreement still neans anything... [rofl] This is rich.

Ya Rider, I agree, Others on this forum have pointed out that the odds are stacked against us for so many reasons. While a lot of us may be pretty good at punching holes in paper targets, we are not use to being shot at.
The Islamic terrorist doesn't have this problem, they know they are going to die, so they have no fear.
We would also have to worry about hitting someone other than the terrorist, again, the terrorist doesn't have that problem.
Also the terrorist would probably have a rifle -vs- us with a hand gun.

lol let me guess you dont buy rugers cause of what some dead guy said, and you still think Tompkins PLC owns smith and wesson and that the HUD agreement still neans anything... [rofl] This is rich.

No, I was just trolling. I had no idea that so many people would take me seriously.

Ya Rider, I agree, Others on this forum have pointed out that the odds are stacked against us for so many reasons. While a lot of us may be pretty good at punching holes in paper targets, we are not use to being shot at.
The Islamic terrorist doesn't have this problem, they know they are going to die, so they have no fear.
We would also have to worry about hitting someone other than the terrorist, again, the terrorist doesn't have that problem.
Also the terrorist would probably have a rifle -vs- us with a hand gun.

You don't hang with the Book of Five Rings? I'm constantly aware of the fact that I'm already dead, thus I have no fear.

repped you for that. Decent article, and had never seen this site before. Thanks for posting.

The author left out the most important way of differentiating a good guy from a bad guy. If I'm walking through the mall, and I see someone with an AK-47, then I will shoot that person in the back. On the other hand, if I see someone walking through the mall with an AR-15, then I will assume that they're a good guy. I know that this will upset some members on this forum, but I have always questioned their patriotism due to their choice in firearms.

hahahaha. i guess you played Counter Strike in your youth.

...and NES is all...
tumblr_mtflpfGoJF1r81219o2_500.gif

guys, I think he's joking. The indignant responses were almost better than the rest of the thread though, esp the guy who negged him [thinking]. Thanks for a laugh.

You don't hang with the Book of Five Rings? I'm constantly aware of the fact that I'm already dead, thus I have no fear.

Perfect.

I was going to come at this from a slighty different angle(Western religion), but the essentials are the same.

Get right, live right, and you have no reason to fear death.

This makes me think of a story; when I took my first college philosophy course, I was in the Air Force, and we were talking about the meaning of life. Of the 20-ish students in the class, I was the only person who could/would answer the question, "Is anything worth dying for?" Maybe it is/was jingoistic and blind patriotism, but my answer then was my wife, my family, and my country. And I meant it. Most of the people in that class, especially the young women, were quite put off by the idea that anybody would willingly die for someone else. They were probably just young, and had never really seen death. The young are lucky, to hold such hope, to have everything in front of them, and to be unencumbered by the heartbreak of a life lived. From that day to this, one of my main hopes has been that should that time come, my resolve does not waiver.

(It's too complicated for a forum post. Tl;DR version is the soldier's prayer.)

Last edited:
Perfect.

I was going to come at this from a slighty different angle(Western religion), but the essentials are the same.

Get right, live right, and you have no reason to fear death.

This makes me think of a story; when I took my first college philosophy course, I was in the Air Force, and we were talking about the meaning of life. Of the 20-ish students in the class, I was the only person who could/would answer the question, "Is anything worth dying for?" Maybe it is/was jingoistic and blind patriotism, but my answer then was my wife, my family, and my country. And I meant it. Most of the people in that class, especially the young women, were quite put off by the idea that anybody would willingly die for someone else. They were probably just young, and had never really seen death. The young are lucky, to hold such hope, to have everything in front of them, and to be unencumbered by the heartbreak of a life lived. From that day to this, one of my main hopes has been that should that time come, my resolve does not waiver.

(It's too complicated for a forum post. Tl;DR version is the soldier's prayer.)
+1. How is life worth living with nothing to die for?

In most if not all instances the shooting will be over before the authorities arrive and enter. I would stay low to do the shooting.Most likely the bad guy shooter/s will be standing up and firing.

Yah, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Good laughs and we can go on with this for pages . . . . me included. But in all seriousness; Say I am in a situation like what happened in France, only here where you don't have to be a cowering backstop for some sick Ŧψ₵₹’₰ AK. Get into a defensive position and hopefully start dishing some Freedom back out to SBs; how do we differentiate ourselves from the Attackers so we don't get shot by the LEOs or the .mil. Beyond our posture of cover and the fact that we may not be firing on everything that moves, how do we survive a Fighter who sees me with a gun and decides I am a threat?

Back
Top Bottom