• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you store your mags?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
So I have a great gun safe with a couple shelves, plenty of room for rifles etc'. Problem being is that I'm using the top shelf to store all my mags. I've got some standing up and some laying down, but no matter what I'm always knocking them over or one stack slides over and knocks other stacks over. Complete PITA. Definitely no easy way to get to anything quickly without a domino effect. I've been wondering if there is a product that helps organize that mess, but haven't found anything yet.

Wondering what everyone is doing to organize mags in their safe. Any helpful tips?

I load them and throw them on the floor of my safe in a somewhat organized fashion...shove them wherever there extra room....I have a lot of mags...you might be over thinking it.

ashamed to say all my unloaded mags are stored in cardboard boxes on a shelf under my reloading bench. [sad2]

I use storage containers. Generally by type (pistol full, pistol compact, M&P 9 FS, P320).

I load them and throw them on the floor of my safe in a somewhat organized fashion...shove them wherever there extra room....I have a lot of mags...you might be over thinking it.

Extra room? You're doing it wrong.

i screwed the magnets to the sides of my gun safe and keep the magazines on the magnets (except for the glocks) and away from everything. i don't see any ill effects an the mags.

here is how i started:

guy

View attachment 197661 View attachment 197662

Is there an easy way to access the long guns? The DIY shelf maximizes storage, but seems like it would be a pain to remove any stuff sitting on top of it every time you need access.

Most of my mags are stored well away from MA.

What's left is in range or rifle bags. The loaded pistol mags are on the top shelf in order that relates to the loaded guns stored just below them.

ashamed to say all my unloaded mags are stored in cardboard boxes on a shelf under my reloading bench. [sad2]

IMO, mags in the safe would just take up space that can be filled with guns. Nothing wrong with storing outside the safe.

I keep my match mags and enblocs empty in one of the bags or my stool that always comes along for each match. I'll store most of my other mags loaded with ammo, and those get locked up with the rest of my ammo supply.

Blues_Traveler_22W.jpg

So I have a great gun safe with a couple shelves, plenty of room for rifles etc'. Problem being is that I'm using the top shelf to store all my mags. I've got some standing up and some laying down, but no matter what I'm always knocking them over or one stack slides over and knocks other stacks over. Complete PITA. Definitely no easy way to get to anything quickly without a domino effect. I've been wondering if there is a product that helps organize that mess, but haven't found anything yet.

Wondering what everyone is doing to organize mags in their safe. Any helpful tips?

Read SJANs post and buy a bunch of those things for more valuable mags.

I have a bunch of i-Shot velcro mag pouch things but they appear to not be available anymore, or I suck at googling, but these are basically the same deal. I keep the premo stuff in those pouches, everything else either goes in a drawer usually... Eventually though I relented and I put surplus stuff in big ziploc freezer bags, organized by type, etc. Like I have a gallon bag full of 1911 mags, etc. If you can still store them inside the safe you don't have enough magazines, either that or you have a huge safe.

-Mike

I have a locking cabinet over my safe for ammo and mags. I installed shelves in the cabinet that helps keep them organized and any stacking from getting too tall.

A day without magazines... is like a day without Sunshine.

On shelves, between books, and in ammo cans. Why take up room in the safe?

You can buy magnets online but honestly the magnetic strips from HFT are super cheap, twice the size of the online ones.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

https://greyghostgear.com/products/6-mag-bandolier

Load up a few of these (holds 6 30rd mags each) and hang them up in your closet or inside your safe door if you choose. Clears out space and you got 12 or more mags slung over you in a jiffy like a 1870 Mexican gunfighter. Good stuff.

The first / second line of the product description is: When you need to Rambo, but you only have two hands. Enough said.

Okay, sold! [thumbsup][rofl]

The first / second line of the product description is: When you need to Rambo, but you only have two hands. Enough said.

Okay, sold! [thumbsup][rofl]

lol I hadn't seen that. They're a good company and good people, offspring of Tactical Tailor in WA.

I don't store my mags in the safe. Not enough room. I store them in a metal cabinet with a lock.

For pistol mags I keep them in pouches I get from Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939891251/midwayusa-6-magazine-pouch-double-stack-pistol

I keep the mags in the pouches and then stack em on a shelf. I use different patches attached to the Velcro to tell them apart. When i am ready to go to the range I just grab the ones I need.

For my rifle mags I just keep them in small cardboard boxes on the shelves.

Back
Top Bottom