• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you store your firearm when you sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea that you were suppose to have your home defense gun locked up at night...makes no sense to me (but this is Mass) But then again its impossible to keep up with all the rules and regs here!!

why do people keep calling me martha

Martha is just a term for people that ask silly questions. A little like a Dobbie in Australia.

Personally, I sleep with a 1911 under the pillow and a tommy gun under the bed. However, after the unfortunate incident with my late cleaning lady, I keep the 1911 unchambered.

Yes. But they think everyone is like them.

I know. I'm a recovering MA-expat living in NH (finally).

W/R/T the issue, I guess if it's a defensive handgun, just put it either under your pillow or a nearby nightstand or floor or whatever.

For MA compliance, I guess that would still constitute "direct control".

Wait so does my bedroom door being locked count as a locked container.... if not I'm screws my new. 357 has horrible separation anxiety, cries all night if I don't hold her.

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Martha is just a term for people that ask silly questions. A little like a Dobbie in Australia.

Personally, I sleep with a 1911 under the pillow and a tommy gun under the bed. However, after the unfortunate incident with my late cleaning lady, I keep the 1911 unchambered.

Why? The new cleaning lady having to clean up that mess should have been warning enough not to make the same mistake.

iverad2.jpg

I keep a shotgun behind my bedroom door and a handgun in my nightstand drawer, both unlocked and ready to use if need be. However, I'm no longer a MA resident. When I did live in MA I kept a shotgun behind my bedroom door and a handgun in my nightstand drawer, both unlocked and ready to use if need be.

Geez, I am sketched out posting on the intardnet what guns I do own, forget about posting that I have my home defense gun locked up at night.

God I love NH. Back to my spiderhole.

I don't sleep. I stay awake in case the zombies attack in the night. I'm pretty sure they won't get us because they would actually have to find Plympton first. So, we at least have that going for us.

why do people keep calling me martha

[rofl]

Martha is Martha Coakely. El Duderino was referring to Martha Coakely in his post because it is rumored that LE and the AG's office lurk this site. Since he was posting something online for all to see, he was making sure that if Martha's LARP-Force was indeed surfing the forum, they would see that El Duderino is in FULL compliance with MA state laws with regards to firearm storage[wink]

There are stickies located above the current topics on every forum of this site. If you are looking for MA storage laws I'm pretty sure that is covered in one of them.

As for NH residents, we can do whatever we want. I keep all my pistols loaded at all times. Never know when hundreds of thugs may break in my 750 sq ft apartment[laugh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom