• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you store your AR uppers?

67ray

NES Member
Like many here I am sure, I've accumulated a number of uppers that are taking up too much space in the safe. I'm looking for something simple and convenient to store them in a way that makes it easy for me to see which is which and keep them from dinging each other. For example the original upper boxes are not convenient too much packing/opening to get at them. Some are with optics some are not.

This can be something that works inside a safe or not since there are no lawz erequiring it. Sure it is good practice to lock 'em but that is now a space issue.

I'll even build something if it isn't too complicated.

Show us whatcha got

I don’t have any spares to show but I’d think that a good hard sided rifle case with some pick n pluk foam would be able to hold 2, 3, maybe even 4 uppers with or without optics.

On a clothesline in the front yard under the let's go Brandon flag.

Actually I used pvc tubing with end caps. Labeled the outside of the tube to identify them.
They store vehicle or horizontally and it protects them from getting banged up or banging other things up.
Nice and simple and cheap

The work bench that was in the house when I bought it had a shelf under the bench top to one side that did not have enough height for a lot of things, especially as it was the full depth of the bench. Was perfect to hold uppers. it is about 3'x3' and 4-5" high. As three sides of it were pretty much closed up, I fitted a hinged door to the end to keep dust etc out.

For me, anything configured for use resides on it’s paired lower in its respective location. Anything else is in the box it shipped in. Those are stacked on the shelf under my bench along with spare barrels. I’ve gained more space in my safes by running paracord down from a support at the top and suspending firearms upside down. Picture the rifle crates with alternating rifles facing back and forth. They can be put in gun socks to protect them from dings.

A large double rifle hard case will hold 4 or 5 uppers if placed correctly unless they are scoped and then maybe 3

See the hard rifle cases and the original boxes are what I don't want. I want them to be grab 'n go somehow so I don't have to futz around with cases & boxes just choose one like I'm picking out what sneaks to wear :)

How many rifles do you really need to be firing?

Keep one or two favorites and keep the rest of the uppers in their boxes. Label them and before you box them up - take a photo.

Sounds like you are a collector. Keep the spares perfect unfired in the boxes.

You can also store them in poster tubes that you can buy from Amazon.

If you store them all in a nice gun case - a burglar can just carry them out of your house.

I think you can get a gun cabinet and store all your poster tubes in there so the uppers wont clang together.

How many rifles do you really need to be firing?

Keep one or two favorites and keep the rest of the uppers in their boxes. Label them and before you box them up - take a photo.

Sounds like you are a collector. Keep the spares perfect unfired in the boxes.

You can also store them in poster tubes that you can buy from Amazon.

If you store them all in a nice gun case - a burglar can just carry them out of your house.

I think you can get a gun cabinet and store all your poster tubes in there so the uppers wont clang together.
One or two rifles?!?! Booo this man!!!

I don’t use anything fancy, but I do like the baseball bat display posted earlier, lol

I use these to primarily keep the bolt from sliding out if I transport the upper and lower separately, although they are effective as an alternate dust cover.

I also like the Secure It Gun storage racks. If you’re gonna build yourself a wall in your man cave, I’d use those with properly placed lighting to backlight and display.

Back
Top Bottom