How do you store / organize your magazines?

I have the same issue, plus I have all kinds of weird ass magazines and one of a kind things. Belts are easy, just keep them in their boxes. But then there are those huge pancake mags for DPM28 ... f***

KIT-DP_fromweb-B_0.jpg

First thing that came to mind:

s-l300.jpg

First thing that came to mind:

s-l300.jpg

Those pancakes are yuuuge, then there are the PPSh drums, then all kinds of curved mags and stick mags. But huge difference in size and geometry between the largest mag and smallest one. There is no pretty and neat solution that I know of.

First, I limit my numbers. I have a simple standard when it comes to gear: it's gotta work, all the time, period. So, every time a mag acts up for whatever reason, it gets tossed. And I don't mean take it home and put it in the trash can. It gets funny during shooting, gives me a ftf once, twice, and I drop it, unload it, curbstomp its ass into oblivion, and replace it at the first occasion I get. Pistol, rifle, doesn't matter. No questionable gear in my kit, end of story. I keep them all loaded, and where they belong: 8 Pmags in my BDS chest rig, 6 USGI mags in my bandoleer (wont hold Pmags), 3 on my battle belt, and 2 20 rd USGI in my case with the SPR.
With pistol mags, it's different, because I have several different pistols, so it's a case by case decision which one I want to use when training in kit. So, they're in the ammo drawer (all loaded as well), ready to grab.
To my shame, I must admit that I actually do own one flake, and that's my Savage 10 rounder for my FCP. Reason why is that I haven't made up my mind if I want to keep the accustock, in which case I'll either get a different bottom metal with AICS mags, get on of the ridiculously expensive Dark Eagle Custom mags, or toss the stock and go with an XLR chassis, which will work with AICS mags as well. Until I finally pull a decision out of my complacent ass, I'll keep the factory piece of shit, and store it with the rifle, unloaded, because I think it is made from pressed Pringles lids and will blow up if I keep it loaded for longer than 2 hours.

All full in ammo cans, marked with a sharpie, top and front. Lots of cans man, lots of cans!

Just loaded up twenty new 30rd AR mags earlier this evening.

I hate loading mags when on a range.

I use "tuperware" like containers. They come in assorted sizes can be see through or you could label them.

I put some of these on the inside and outside of my safe. Outside they stick anywhere; inside they stick to the rails.
Loaded mags go inside (though loaded .45 caliber mags are a bit too heavy) and unloaded mags go outside.

Attachments

• F2B81E13-A946-427C-AF33-4EA4A26970D2.png
    F2B81E13-A946-427C-AF33-4EA4A26970D2.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 22
Case Club foam in a .50 cal can. Only things that end up everywhere are 10/22 and old speed loaders

The ones with girls on them go down behind the radiator, the other ones go on the table.

When I was a boy, Stan's Barbershop in Mansfield had them on the hat-rack. Sort of odd and perverted today.

I picked up on-the-cheap a few Glock 10mag holders (or maybe 12, I forget). They are dandy sitting on a table in my basement. Mags are in zip-lock bags in the safe. LOL

Back
Top Bottom