How do you store / organize your magazines?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
OK I've got 'a lot' of pistol and rifle magazines. Anyone have any good tips they like on ways to best store/organize them?

I put mine in the cheap Harbor Freight ammo box's.

And F the lock we don't need no stinking locks Heller VS DC says its unconstitutional to make citizens lock up there guns in side there homes becouse they can get then easily if needed in a self defense situation.

Depends what kind of space you have. Big safe? Get the cheap magnet strips from Harbor Freight and mount them on the door.

I bought a couple of those Pelican foam insert cases and cut out the inserts.

I keep them loaded and stacked by type, some are bound together by large elastics.

I load them and stack them in my gun room, on the shelves in front of the ammo that goes in them. But I don't live in MA.

I group them in zip lock bags with desiccant packets with them. I put labels on the bag to indicate what they're for. I have a lot of different magazines.

Desiccant? Is that for the ammo or the mags, or both? My gun room is in the basement, so it's cool and dry the whole year. Never heard of needing or using desiccant for ammo or mags. And I don't need a label to tell me which mags go with which gun. Sounds kind of OCD to me.

I organize my clips like this...

iu

boy, girl, boy, girl...
280 in 35 clips per can.
5 rows, 4 columns of cans. (M2-AP)

For M25 tracers...

Last edited:
Because I have the space to do it, I keep a 50 caliber ammo can with a dozen or so loaded magazines for each gun that I shoot plus a few hundred additional rounds. I labeled the can for the gun it goes with. When I go to the range I just grab the gun, the can and go.

Dave

They're stacked on the back of the toilet until my wife gets tired of looking at them. I rarely keep any periodicals more than six months old or so...

Oh, you meant THOSE magazines. Ammo cans.

First, I have several mags already loaded for us: carry, bedroom and vehicle grab bag (about 15 mags). I also load up several mags with ammo, some for the range (about 5-10 mags) and more as a "ready reserve" (10 mags). These are stored in ammo cans along with other ammo, parts, and components for the same purpose. This saves some space by combining ammo with mags (about 35 loaded mags with 500 rds). The remaining mags are stored in a plastic tub on the ammo rack.

Loaded and under the drivers seat. Also the arm rest.

It's always fun during spring cleaning coming across all the ones hidden throughout the main house.

I have the same issue, plus I have all kinds of weird ass magazines and one of a kind things. Belts are easy, just keep them in their boxes. But then there are those huge pancake mags for DPM28 ... f***

KIT-DP_fromweb-B_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom