How do you organize your magazines?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I've accumulated a number of magazines for each of my guns, such that I now have 4-8 mags for each of

Ruger 9mm
Beretta 9mm (no longer have the gun, just the mags)
Glock
M1 carbine
AR15
M&P 9mm
Ruger 10/22

Does anyone have a good system for storing their magazines so it's easy to find them and they don't get mixed up?

Wal mart sells plastic draw units that are about 3ft high 1ft wide and 1and a half feet deep with 5 draws. I labeled the fronts with each gun and put mags,clips,holsters etc in the corresponding draws.

I put loaded mags in the safe and empty ones in ammo cans along side of the safe or on pallet racks inside of 50 caliber ammo cans.

Costco had a real deal on their old Pallet racks when they built the new store back about 2 years ago.

I filled up the back of the truck and also a 24 ft Goose neck trailer with them.

20 bucks per upright is a steal.

Go to the store and purchase one of those multi shelves parts bins. They are square and have several sized plastic containers that slide in and out. Remove the bins and mark the shelves with the gun type. Throw the whole thing on your safe shelf if you have room and you have a 4 level mini magazine shelf.

Arko-Mills plastic bins.

The magazines you have are all quite distinct. You should have little trouble telling them apart. Some mags are REALLY close, likesay a Sig 226 9mm and a Beretta 92 9mm, they actually have an identical body with different cuts, and a different baseplate.

You could also get one of those label machines from Staples and just label each appropriately.

Chris

I buy rectangular pistol rugs that have a pocket for the firearm on one side and five smaller pockets for magazines on the other. Three sides of the bag are zippered so that the bag is hinged along one long side. Extra magazines can be placed between the two sets of pockets. The rugs have a small zipper lock incorporated into the bag (covering transportation laws), two handles and a loop of material just below the lock which I attach a plastic tag (think key tag) with gun manufacturer, gun type, barrel length and caliber. Magazines that are questionable or that are kept for parts are put in labeled freezer bags and thrown in a plastic tub with other bagged/labeled gun parts and springs.

The rugs are placed in a safe with the identity tag out and when I want to shoot the gun I just grab the pistol rug, some ammo and stuff them into a range bag which has every thing else I need to be able to shoot. I hate to admit this but the rug tags are usually color coded by manufacturer, so I don’t have to check every tag when looking for a specific gun.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom