How do you guys handle your carry gun while at home?

Guess where most home invasions take place...

I carry from when I get dressed in the morning until getting undressed for bedtime, unless going someplace where I cannot carry.

if it's not on me in a holster it's in the safe.
those smart carry holsters are as comfortable as they look, I use one in the summer with my Shield 9MM.
I have kids in and out of my house all day every day, I can't leave any out.

*snip*
Are you worried the AG will walk into your house?

To be honest, yah, I'm always worried about the AG, she's capable of anything.

IWB unless sleeping or showering.

+1

G21 OWB & .32 Seecamp in a Ankle Holster
unless sleeping or showering.

Although sometimes I will bring my Seecamp
in the shower with me if there are people in
my house besides the immediate family.
Hey, you never know.

Its on the nightstand when I wake up, and on me all day. At home if Im in jeans its on me, or if in shorts or sweats its within reach where ever I happen to be. No kids around.

I dont particularly spend a lot of time thinking about home invasions or the AG, but I would feel pretty dumb if someone did kick the door in and Im standing there empty handed with a bunch of guns locked up in a safe.

Winter: something solid in inside vest hat pocket or outside always works in the house. Particularly if you don't have the hips to hold up a pair of sweat pants with a cell phone in the pocket.

Sent from my LG-K371

Guess where most home invasions take place...

I carry from when I get dressed in the morning until getting undressed for bedtime, unless going someplace where I cannot carry.
Absolutely! My 1911 sleeps on the nite stand next to me, lays on my desk while I eat breakfast and read the news. goes into IWB for the rest of the day. Come home it stays there until I shower. Goes on the coffee table while I watch TV...and back up to bed with me. Correction: when I get to work, I have to shed it and stash it in my office, due to company policy prohibitions. My office is locked when I'm not there.

Another reason to NOT wear sweat pants. It's like what is it with guys wearing sweat pants all day as instead of dungarees ? Usually the fat guys too. The yoga pants for males !

"Handling" a gun gives more opportunity for a ND. Better to holster it and leave it there on your person when home. Less "handling" is better for personal protection and safety.

Another reason to NOT wear sweat pants. It's like what is it with guys wearing sweat pants all day as instead of dungarees ? Usually the fat guys too. The yoga pants for males !

To tell the truth, I cant even remember the last time Ive worn them outside, but around the house theyre more comfortable than anything else.

"Handling" a gun gives more opportunity for a ND. Better to holster it and leave it there on your person when home. Less "handling" is better for personal protection and safety.

This is true. I have to admit, my iwb gun tends to get unholstered when Im home, while my pocket carry gun will stay in the holster. Probably just as easy to leave the iwb holstered as well.

I typically keep it on 80% of the time. I forget its there. P229 AIWB. If it's not on me, its on the table in front of me or in the safe.

Last edited:
Lounging around the house I'll strap on the Smartcarry.

0_152351__33813.1418413737.1280.1280.jpg

Dis, right here

I live alone in North Cackalacky so I don't have to deal with other people or ghey storage laws.

Carry piece is on the coffee table until bedtime when it goes on the nightstand, 3914 in kitchen drawer, .357 in my desk drawer upstairs plus one AR kept loaded in my bedroom closet.

I live alone in North Cackalacky so I don't have to deal with other people or ghey storage laws.

Carry piece is on the coffee table until bedtime when it goes on the nightstand, 3914 in kitchen drawer, .357 in my desk drawer upstairs plus one AR kept loaded in my bedroom closet.

S&W 3914 is a good choice can keep the safety on and locked in a safe (in my case here in MA).

I don't wear lounge wear and I carry at all times except when I'm sleeping or showering, at those times it's in a quick access safe.

These days it probably isn't smart posting your storage/carry habits on here or the Internet in general!
That's my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom