• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you carry? Update, issue with Alien Gear IWB Holster

The only holster which everyone raves about, but haven't had the chance to see yet is the Alien Gear Tuck 2.0. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I have 2 they are very comfortable. Reholsteting is not as easy as the leather tho. I recommend the buy 2 deal they have, get 1 leather & 1 2.0

Anyone have any recommendations on the clips (nylon/steel) for the alien gear holsters?

I haven't used the Alien Gear holster but on my Crossbreed, as mentioned earlier, the metal clips ended up wearing holes in my t-shirts. I'd suggest plastic. I believe that is even what their site recommends.

Anyone have any recommendations on the clips (nylon/steel) for the alien gear holsters?
I think the nylon are more comfortable, the screw are flush with the clip so they don't snag on clothing like I've noticed the metal can, but the metal is definitely a more snug fit. Both work fine just your preference

Just did ordered the Alien gear IWB holster, I did the combo as suggested, one leather and one neoprene. The leather holster has a 1-2 week lead time, the neoprene has a 5-8 week lead time [rolleyes]

Just did ordered the Alien gear IWB holster, I did the combo as suggested, one leather and one neoprene. The leather holster has a 1-2 week lead time, the neoprene has a 5-8 week lead time [rolleyes]

I think you'll be pleased, but it probably won't solve ALL of your carry situations. For example, my "go to" holster is a Crossbreed super tuck, but I have other options depending on what my outfit and venue will be. You definitely picked what I believe to be the best all around carry gun, especially for easy concealment. It is on my very short list of purchases to make by summer.

Ruger sr9c in alien gear IWB holster at 330ish. Had the holster about 8 months and use it for EDC. I can say anything bad about the holster except the metal clips like to eat my shirts. I wear this with basketball shorts, sweat pants and jeans with no belt.

Like the holster so much ordering a new 2.0 with plastic clip and want to try there OWB holster. Anyone have any experience with the OWB?

I normally IWB appendix carry my PM9 in a High Noon Upper Cut holster. I like the Upper Cut because it sits higher on the belt for a quicker grip and draw. I used to pocket carry in a DeSantis Superfly, but didn't like losing the pocket.

I normally IWB appendix carry my PM9 in a High Noon Upper Cut holster. I like the Upper Cut because it sits higher on the belt for a quicker grip and draw. I used to pocket carry in a DeSantis Superfly, but didn't like losing the pocket.

I tried pocket carrying, how do you prevent printing? I wear dress pants 100% off the time during the week and tried 3 different holsters, every time it's obvious there is a firearm there.

I tried pocket carrying, how do you prevent printing? I wear dress pants 100% off the time during the week and tried 3 different holsters, every time it's obvious there is a firearm there.

Never really had too much of a printing problem with the Superfly. I never had to use it but the holster comes with a removable flap to cover the whole holster. I felt like it was too bulky at that point and unnecessary.

M44_xlarge_1301.jpg

If you're ever in the Blackstone area and want to try mine, sure. Another option is the Crossbreed Supertuck with J-clips so you can tuck in your shirt and still conceal IWB.

Obvious to YOU that there is a firearm. Assuming you use a holster for pocket carry, all that is obvious to someone else is that you have something in your pocket [banana]

While the shape might be reminiscent of a firearm, the average person does not go there when they see that your pocket is full. You just have to become comfortable that people are NOT staring at your pockets and thinking gun.

I work everyday next to a screaming moonbat who if they thought I had a gun would lose their mind and loudly. I pocket carry a 938 in a small holster and they have never even looked at me funny.

Jean, Khakis or dress pants makes no difference in the end.

I have noticed I can't put a J-Frame in many pant pockets because it is too long. The grip shows in the pocket where the 938 is fully concealed.

i carry a s&w 40 double stack with a versa carry by sitzco, llc. about as no nonsense" holster" as you can get. looks very odd but i assure you it is very comfortable... new to the market

took me a couple years to find my favorite way to carry

ended up carrying my sig 239 or my glock19 IWB - appendix

went through many positions, clothing choices and some weight change/loss before settling on this

I carry my SR40c at 4 o'clock in an Wright Leather Works Banshee holster & Belt, when I have a need to tuck I switch to a N82 Tactical Pro. Status is Condition 1 at all times.

Update:

I ordered the holster(s) from Alien Gear beginning of December, they finally arrived today. I am not impressed with these holsters, as you can see from the attached pictures, the fiream isn't even on the backing leather and the safety digs into my hip. This holster must have been made on a Monday, as you can see, the kydex doesn't even line up with the backing leather. I tried wearing it around and the safety digs into my side.

Here are some pictures of the holster(2):
IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

9edd3cbf-5ca9-4049-ae45-d2877e245f8b.jpg

And here are some stock pictures of firearms in holsters, notice how they are all lined up properly:
2245631_01_alien_gear_holster_crossbreed__640.jpg

53fcb21189425e773e3d646443c3368a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom