• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you carry at home?

I'm curious how everyone carries in their houses. I ask because I was denied my ALP, but I might as well be able to protect myself when I can.

Lets say that you're getting home from being out somewhere and you're carrying concealed. When you get home, do you continue to carry concealed? Do you transfer to another holster (and/or another gun) and open carry? Do you not carry at all?

Another scenario is on a Saturday morning that you're spending at home, for instance. Do you carry around the house? And if so, how?

Warm weather months, the 642 just stays in the pocket where is is right now. In the colder months when I carry a Speed Six (IWB), it too usually stays where it is but sometimes, if it's not well concealed, I go to the pocketed 642 so the GF doesn't freak out ;-)

I carry in the house the same way I do when in public. The only difference is, sometimes I tuck my shirt in in the house so that my gun is exposed. THis way, I stop my hoslter from chafing my fat sides.

When I put my pants on (or shorts) in the morning, my Centennial goes in my pocket. It stays there until I put my PJ's on, at which time it takes it's rightful place in my sock drawer to spend the night. (Needless to say, locked and secured as dictated by Massachusetts Law and Common Sense)

Whatever and however I'm carrying that day. I'm just a lil more careless as far as printing and brandishing at home. When my pants go on in the morning my gun and holster go on. Until then I shoulder carry I just wear a shoulder holster and ONLY my shoulder holster or I smart carry when I want to go with the @$$less chaps look.

I usually wear my standard pancake holster w/ M&P9c around the house, which is what my daily concelement package is, sans pepper spray and extra mags. During the winter I might switch to the full size M&P9. Like some of the others, I'm less concerned about printing, and sometimes I feel like I'm in Arizona and I open carry around the house. But my wife doesn't like that too much with our boys at home, but they don't seem to pay attention to it. But I can quickly cover up if I'm answering the door, as I don't answer the door unarmed.

Around the house

I usually wear my standard pancake holster w/ M&P9c around the house, which is what my daily concelement package is, sans pepper spray and extra mags. During the winter I might switch to the full size M&P9. Like some of the others, I'm less concerned about printing, and sometimes I feel like I'm in Arizona and I open carry around the house. But my wife doesn't like that too much with our boys at home, but they don't seem to pay attention to it. But I can quickly cover up if I'm answering the door, as I don't answer the door unarmed.

Around the house, when I'm in the mood, it's Mexican carry..

back in detroit when I carried everyday, it was an Uncle Mikes inside the belt, with my Colt 1911 A1 :)

Love that piece
[grin]

I carry in the house the same way I do when in public. The only difference is, sometimes I tuck my shirt in in the house so that my gun is exposed. THis way, I stop my hoslter from chafing my fat sides.

Haha +1 though. I'll keep my xd in my supertuck or throw it in the blackhawk serpa if it's a oc in the house kinda day. The supertuck stays up with those elastic band shorts too

The gun's in the holster; the holster's on the belt; the belt's on the pants. When the pant's go on, so does everything else, including the extra mags, the pepper spray and Surefire. There's not really a decision involved for me.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom