• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do these people function in daily life?

From a boston.com article "Mass. campus searches for answers to gun violence" comes this quote:

"On a Friday afternoon in December, Lee Pelton was driving home with his 13-year-old daughter in the passenger seat when radio reports of the Newtown school massacre forced him over to side of the road.

‘‘I held her hand as we listened ... and we both cried,’’ said Pelton, the president of Boston’s Emerson College."

how the hell does this guy and others like him function in daily life?[rolleyes][rolleyes]

Yes, have a good cry about sandy hook, meanwhile in shitcago and across america, a bunch of other kids got shot/killed/abused the night before, but you don't really care much about them, because the media isn't shoving their particular brand of suffering in your face. [rolleyes]

-Mike

Uh, he pulls over to the side of the road and has a cry, that's how.

If he's too bereaved to carry on, eventually someone from the government will be along to help him.

Officer: "Sir, why are you pulled over to the side of the road?"
Teach: "I'm having a cry!"
Officer: "Sir, this is a public highway. You can't stay here. Grow a pair and move along."

That's what happened to me last time I stopped and I had a flat tire! I was like, "I have a flat tire." His reply was, "so?"

Yes, have a good cry about sandy hook, meanwhile in shitcago and across america, a bunch of other kids got shot/killed/abused the night before, but you don't really care much about them, because the media isn't shoving their particular brand of suffering in your face. [rolleyes]

-Mike

A most astute point, Mike, but it wouldn't be recognized by the majority because the MSM didn't say it.[laugh][rolleyes]

The thing that occurs to me is, "consequences." It would be just my luck to pull over to the side of the road and cause a massive pileup that kills 29 people. That's how my life goes.

Don't these people consider the consequences of their ridiculous actions?

From a boston.com article "Mass. campus searches for answers to gun violence" comes this quote:

"On a Friday afternoon in December, Lee Pelton was driving home with his 13-year-old daughter in the passenger seat when radio reports of the Newtown school massacre forced him over to side of the road.

‘‘I held her hand as we listened ... and we both cried,’’ said Pelton, the president of Boston’s Emerson College."

Sounds like something Bill Clinton would claim he did.

I doubt this incident really happened. He's exaggerating a display of femininity and sensitivity to gain status among certain types.

Consider the source, these moonbats make this stuff up for their moonbat readers. Media has learned long ago that the truth just doesent sell as well...

I doubt this incident really happened. He's exaggerating a display of femininity and sensitivity to gain status among certain types.

What kind of types?

sacha-baron-cohen-freddie-mercury.jpg

Oh ... that makes sense then

Uh, he pulls over to the side of the road and has a cry, that's how.

If he's too bereaved to carry on, eventually someone from the government will be along to help him.

Most often in a big truck with blinky lights and a removable stretcher. Upon which he will plant his ass and get a ride to the ER. Where someone will give him "counseling" and some medications to make him feel better. It's the way of the 21st century.

And I don't doubt for a minute that this really happened.

how the hell does this guy and others like him function in daily life?[rolleyes][rolleyes]

meanwhile his president bombs families in Yemen. no problemo with that.

By the end of the two-hour class, the conversation was no closer to resolution and a long way from Pelton’s original call to move toward ‘‘positive action’’ by challenging the status quo. But he sees it as a step.

I've read through that article a couple of times. It's clear that the people organizing these "conversations" have already determined where they think the conversation should go. There was some disagreement from a few students over what the problem actually is. The article points out that these students were a distinct minority, in essence, to marginalize their viewpoint. Some of the assignments given out by the professors were structured to deliver the result they're looking for.

Gregory Payne, a professor who years ago worked as a speechwriter for Los Angeles Mayor and Democrat Tom Bradley, assigned students in his classes to talk about gun policy and create public service announcements that would address the issue.

I'm willing to bet that any students who created a public service ad in favor of simply adhering to the Constitution's 2nd Amendment wouldn't have gotten a thumb's up. [wink]

All of this talk about a conversation is just a smokescreen. They're using Newtown as a stage to advance their agenda, plain and simple. At least one student there spoke to that point:

An Emerson senior, Maria Warith, who said she supports the right to own guns, asked why they were getting so much attention after Newtown when the media seemed to largely overlook hundreds of killings in Chicago’s black neighborhoods.

Having a conversation about guns on most college campuses is like having a conversation about the best way to cook ribs...at a vegetarian convention. It's going to be very one-sided.

He's playing to his audience. Imagine your daughter seeing you cry because of a news report? So what would he do if boogie man came into his house and threatened his family? CRY! CRY!

Being the father of a young one, the Sandy Hook terrorist attack (because that's what it was) really shook our family. Like countless others. But my reaction was totally different.

In times of crisis, our rights become that much more important.

He's playing to his audience. Imagine your daughter seeing you cry because of a news report? So what would he do if boogie man came into his house and threatened his family? CRY! CRY!

More likely he heard the word gun and he immediately defecated in his pants for fear of one going off and hitting him through the radio on full auto. Had to pull over to empty his drawers.

Being the father of a young one, the Sandy Hook terrorist attack (because that's what it was) really shook our family. Like countless others. But my reaction was totally different.

In times of crisis, our rights become that much more important.

This!

Back
Top Bottom