• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do I? Ruger PC Carbine Chassis Stock

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Bought one and can't wait to shoot it, while I'm waiting for the ranges to reopen my pet peeve about non-functional parts is itchy and I need to scratch it. I'm not trying to do anything illegal here but want to remove the pinned Magpul MOE buttstock and install something that is supposed to be fixed.

The MOE is mounted to an aluminum extension on the rear of the frame that shares the basic dimensions of an AR buffer tube and it will accept the same stocks. The MOE is pinned in place with a 1/8" pin about a half inch from the end of the underside of the MOE and I could probably cut a notch in the MOE and pull it off but I don't want to damage the MOE.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• MOE.jpg
    MOE.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 25
Can I see a bigger picture of the stock?

making sure it's the same stock I think it is.. And if it's possible to push the pin further into the buffer tube..

Last edited:
Can I see a bigger picture of the stock?

Is this helpful? :
1.jpg

making sure it's the same stock I think it is.. And if it's possible to push the pin further into the buffer tube..

The "buffer tube" is just a profile, but made from aluminum with no hollow interior.

Yes, thank you. I was just trying to figure out where they put that pin and if the beveling on the hole was custom..
Ok, so it's not a normal buffer tube.. it's just a solid piece of aluminum. You could try and make the beveled hole a little bigger and pulling the pin out with a pair of needle nose pliers..?

...so it's not a normal buffer tube.. it's just a solid piece of aluminum. You could try and make the beveled hole a little bigger and pulling the pin out with a pair of needle nose pliers..?

The MOE stock doesn't give a lot of room to work. I was almost thinking I could wedge the end of the stock up and over the pin but I don't want to chew up the finish on the tube trying to protect the stock. Also not sure how solidly that pin is mounted into the aluminum if it came to drilling it out .

Off to watch eBay for take offs...

for normal removal, it's this.
That beveled hole is not standard on the bottom of the stock.

You can wrap your slotted screw driver with blue tape to try and not scratch the buffer tube.
But in my opinion.. drill a little bigger holes on two sides of the beveled hole.. it's plastic and drill easy. Making room for your pliers to get in beside the pin.
Or going the opposite way and whacking the pin a little to see if it goes in a little further. Making your going over the pin more possible..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnz-SNNjU-0

Last edited:
Bought one and can't wait to shoot it, while I'm waiting for the ranges to reopen my pet peeve about non-functional parts is itchy and I need to scratch it. I'm not trying to do anything illegal here but want to remove the pinned Magpul MOE buttstock and install something that is supposed to be fixed.

The MOE is mounted to an aluminum extension on the rear of the frame that shares the basic dimensions of an AR buffer tube and it will accept the same stocks. The MOE is pinned in place with a 1/8" pin about a half inch from the end of the underside of the MOE and I could probably cut a notch in the MOE and pull it off but I don't want to damage the MOE.

Any ideas?
Were you able to remove the pin without damaging the MOE or the buffer tube? Any tips!?

Were you able to remove the pin without damaging the MOE or the buffer tube? Any tips!?

I tried like hell to mod the stock but the longer it took the more I realized I couldn't do it without damaging one part or the other so I quit. I'm thinking I'll keep my eyes open for a fixed MPX stock or similar and just replace the Ruger one entirely. Bummer.

I tried like hell to mod the stock but the longer it took the more I realized I couldn't do it without damaging one part or the other so I quit. I'm thinking I'll keep my eyes open for a fixed MPX stock or similar and just replace the Ruger one entirely. Bummer.
That sucks, I really don't want to go and buy something new to replace a perfectly functioning part!

Question: If I'm able to remove that pin, is this way to re-pin it MA compliant?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LK-Ffyvu6s
Don't wanna break any laws

OP, read my journey LOL

Damn... gotta watch those dates..LOL

Last edited:
That sucks, I really don't want to go and buy something new to replace a perfectly functioning part!

Question: If I'm able to remove that pin, is this way to re-pin it MA compliant?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LK-Ffyvu6s
Don't wanna break any laws

Yup, remove pin (have fun), reposition stock to your liking, drill hole, install new pin. It's a blind pin so they only way your getting it out is to drill it.

Back
Top Bottom