• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do i put a decapping pin back in?

GunGrey

Banned
I had a stuck case about a week ago and I followed the instructions for removing it on the lee website, and some how I bent the goddam pin. yeah i know im a genius

So how the hell do i put the new pin in, Ive tried doing it with the old one so when the new one comes i wont F it up, but I cant seem to get it.

You punch out the stuck case by loosening the collet completely, and removing the collet from the die. Then, you use a hammer, and punch out the stuck case using the bottom end of the pin. Typically, you end up mushrooming the TOP end of the pin. If you hadn't bent the pin, you could file down the mushroomed edges of the pin (without affecting the overall length) and then reinstall the pin in the collet.

Or, buy a new pin....

Then, just slip in a new pin into the collet, screw in the collet (into the sizin die), tightening with a wrench..... with the top of the pin flush with the top of the collet. Good as new.

I bet you didn't make sure the thin pin part was sticking through the primer flash hole before pounding on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom