How do I price my guns? Need to sell a couple.

TZCHRIS

NES Member
I am looking for help on how to price my guns that I would like to sell? I have a problem with 'impulse' buying and at this point I need some cash so I figure (I will regret this later) I will sell a couple guns. I dont want to be a D*****K and overprice them but I always say "buy low sell high!"

Anyway, how do you know what is 'fair'? Probably sell my 'pre-ban' Glock 27 and a Mossberg 590 with a bunch of tacticool stuff on it.

Thanks for any help. Chris

I'd say check the classifieds for something comparable. And base your price off that or sell it for what you feel is fair. If its a fair price it will sell

first off Chris there is nothing "unfair" about market value. its one thing to out right gouge a item but if an item is consistently fetching a certain number, ask it. If you just want to cover your investment sell it for what you have into it. Its your call. check gun broker and the calssifides and see what they have been selling for not what they are being listed for. at the end of the day if you feel good and the buyer feels good, it was priced right

I will usually check the blue book of gun values and then search several sights (Gun Broker, Slick Guns, NES classifieds etc...) to see what the market is doing on that particular gun. I then decide if I need to sell the gun faster I'll set the price a a little lower than the average going price.

Impulse buying? I've never heard of that before and doubt anyone on NES has ever had that sort of "problem". [wink]
I would start by looking on Gunbroker and see what the free world is paying for a particular item, then adjust for the local market.

Drop the Glock off at Four Seasons and consign it. Including their oppressive 18% fee you will make more than anywhere else. You could probably ask $649 to $749 for it based on condition.

Take the tacticool crap off the shotgun and sell them on eBay. Sell the shotgun here.

HTH

Chris

I paid $750 for the Glock 27, if I were desperate I would take a loss. Maybe I overpaid for it?

That was a few years back when I thought in MA the ONLY 27 you could buy was a 'pre-ban'

gunbroker!
search ended auctions (there is an option for that) Those that sold over the past couple of month and note prices things went for.
it'll give you a good idea of current market value of a particular firearm.

however take into consideration that some items are more desirable and cost significantly more in "ban"-areas vs free states. I.e. hi-cap mags, 'compliant' rifles, handguns that not on the 'list'...

also you can watch classifieds here but that could be hit/miss for some items.

I paid $750 for the Glock 27, if I were desperate I would take a loss. Maybe I overpaid for it?

That was a few years back when I thought in MA the ONLY 27 you could buy was a 'pre-ban'

Well, you definitely didn't follow your own mantra of "buy low, sell high" on that Glock. You can probably get what you paid for it here on NES, but I doubt you will see any profit on that unless you have a bunch of mags and accessories to list along with it. As for your impulse buying problem, I'd say we all have that here because it is literally the only way you can buy a gun these days. If you take even 1 day to "think it over", it is already too late and the gun is gone. You really have to just be ready to buy what you are looking for as soon as you find it. I agree with what someone else said on the shotty, strip it down and sell the accessories separately, since they really won't add to the value of the gun. Oh, and IBTL since it is one of the rules that you can't ask "how much is my firearm worth?"[wink]

Sorry if I broke the rules? But got good info on Blue Book for guns (didnt know that existed) and didnt know you could check prices on GB of items already sold.

Thanks, RBTL (replied before the lock)[shocked]

Actually I'm not asking what it is worth, just want to know how I find out and I got my answers. Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom