• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do I get permission from Me to bring a handgun in?

I go to a sporting camp in northern Maine every year to go smallmouth fishing. I usually bring a couple of dogs with me and run them in the woods. My obvious concern is bears and coyotes and I want to bring a handgun with me.

How/where do I apply for a reciprocal license?

You won't need permission to bring them to Maine. If you're hunting, you may carry concealed in the woods, as part of hunting. And, I think you'll find Maine allows open carry.

I myself found Utah to work better than Florida, but I do recommend getting NH and Utah CCW's. Florida allows release of your info, Utah doesn't. Utah is a liitle cheaper and renewals are WAY cheaper.

Open carry of a loaded firearm is legal inMaine without any permit, except in a vehicle. That should cover your camping situation. The Maine nonresident CCW permit is relatively inexpensive ($60/4yrs) and shall-issue. It does take a bit longer than NH, but what doesn't? Florida and Utah each cover a lot of lot of states for you, but the specific states and the costs do differ. If you're looking for wide coverage, I'd recommend look at the specific states each covers and comparing them with your likely destinations before spending your money.

Ken

KMaurer said:
If you're looking for wide coverage, I'd recommend look at the specific states each covers and comparing them with your likely destinations before spending your money.

Ken

I agree 100%. I went with Utah instead of Florida because of cost, privacy and coverage. I don't plan on going to either state. But, almost every state I go to is now covered, except for Maine, Mass, CT, NY, Illinois and NJ.

Back
Top Bottom