• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do I clear this? Round Stuck

I keep a few sections of old flat dryer cord around, but leather or rubber hose will work fine too. Put the rubber around the sides of the slide and put it in a vice. Take a block of wood to the pistol grip…knock it with a dead blow hammer if necessary, until it knocks loose.

Is this a parody thread?
nope it is seriously stuck.
Pretty sure something is broken as the slide moves freely until the very last point and it is fully jammed.
Even with a hammer 🤣

Before doing anything else, start by running the slide back into battery, if you can. Then press the grip safety and see if you can rack it back fully.

Looks like the primer pushed the bullet just far enough to make it too long to eject. My guess is the slide doesn’t go back further.

If you’re sure it’s a dud and heard the primer go off.

Then you can try to use a wood dowel down the barrel to push the bullet back into the case. It should eject once it’s a little shorter.

Looks like the primer pushed the bullet just far enough to make it too long to eject. My guess is the slide doesn’t go back further.

Then you can try to use a wood dowel down the barrel to push the bullet back into the case. It should eject once it’s a little shorter.
I think that is it looking at it now
Not sure why I could not see that

Based on the OP's photo, that slide is not fully retracted.

If pressing the grip safety does not free the slide to fully retract, see if the barrel can be rotated counter-clockwise (viewed from the front) and see if that allows the slide to come off fully forward.

Based on the OP's photo, that slide is not fully retracted.

If pressing the grip safety does not free the slide to fully retract, see if the barrel can be rotated counter-clockwise (viewed from the front) and see if that allows the slide to come off fully forward.
It goes back more for the picture
I just can't hold it back and take a picture are the same time
That is me holding it back as much as I could with one hand

You’ve got two options push the f***ing projectile back into the case with anything you can find or just hit the back of the slide really hard with your hand until it seet right…

I’m honestly sure if you’re joking

This. Has worked for me ... with a live round.

Let me explain ... the rounds were seated too far for the gun, the slide went back, pushed a new round in but didn't close all the way, but it got stuck and I couldn't rack the slide to eject. I also couldn't shoot it.

So wooden dowel in the barrel, hit it against the bench at the range, that pushed the bullet back and ejected. Very easy.

LOL.

Don't follow what I did, it is MGNOOB level bad idea.

Last edited:
I know you solved your problem, but one approach is to use a small flat blade screwdriver to gently life the extractor hook off the rim of the case. Put a rag on the front of the breech face to minimize the chance of the primer hitting a sharp point when you drive it out with a brass rod an mallet, and take appropriate precausions to minimize danger if the round does discharge when being removed.

That .25 belongs in a ladies purse....
Lol.

The full story is that was from my friends late parents.

He was not a firearms person but is getting into it.

After death he ended up with decades of a eclectic firearms collection.

So he took that and others to somewhere in NH that has a public outdoor shooting range at the entrance of campsites. ???forget the place he told me???

Well he shot that one once and the second one jammed up like that. So he dropped it off with me to see what was up with it.

Back
Top Bottom