how do I become an NRA trainer

So i've been an NRA instructor for a little while and have realy enjoyed it. I was curious what the process for becoming a NRA certified training counceler would be, so that I could teach others how to become NRA instructors?

Mainly would be interested in teaching for NRA basic pistol.

The below is from www.nrahq.org:

The NRA Training Counselor Program
The NRA Training Department is pleased to announce the following NRA Training Counselor Development Workshops (TCDWs). These workshops consist of an enhanced and informative curriculum based on the training philosophy of Total Participant Involvement, and they incorporate the latest up-to-date interactive training methods. TCDWs are designed to provide experienced, active instructors and current training counselors with the skills necessary to train NRA Certified Instructors how to teach people to shoot according to NRA’s nationally recognized training standards. In special discipline-specific training sessions you will acquire hands-on practice using the innovative NRA Training Counselor Guide.

To register for a workshop, fill out the application and click submit. The application will go directly to:

NRA - Training Dept.
ATTN: TCWS
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030
E-mail: [email protected]
FAX: 703-267-3999
You must receive confirmation from NRA before attending a workshop. Workshop attendance is limited to current training counselors and qualified instructors. Workshop attendees must be NRA Certified Instructors and current NRA Members with a minimum of two years' recent experience teaching NRA Basic Firearm Training Courses according to current NRA standards. They must also be intimately familiar with NRA instructional methods, training materials, and administrative procedures as a result of this experience. (Five NRA-approved courses and 25 students is the absolute minimum experience recommended for workshop attendance.) The Training Counselor Workshop staff looks forward to seeing you at an upcoming workshop. If you have any questions, please contact the Training Counselor Program Coordinator, NRA Training Department, at 1-800-672-3888, extension 1422.

You need to find a training counselor - GOAL runs courses, and Scouter Rick on this board does, too. There are, of course, others, but they are the ones that I know. You need the Basic Instructor course, and the dicipline-specific course, too. Once you have the Basic Instructor, you cna add others as you go along....

good luck

ETA : Rick beat me to it! [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom