• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Dare You Defend Yourself: Another Great Story From The UK

MAJoe

NES Member
Man, 78, held in 'burglar' murder probe

One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the man into his kitchen where a struggle ensued and he was stabbed, Scotland Yard said.

The 38-year-old was taken to hospital by paramedics but was pronounced dead at 03:40.

The pensioner, who suffered bruising to his arms, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

I don't even know what to say

I have almost no respect for the British citizenry at this point.

I've not had an ounce of respect for them ever. They choose to maintain a kingdom/monarchy, they disarmed their own population twice and begged the U.S. for weapons during WWII and never returned the arms that were sent, instead they chose to dump them in the sea off the cliffs of Dover. They've colonized, disarmed and mistreated countless millions of people around the globe for decades, their diet is beyond bland, their arrogance is beyond intolerable, they allowed a soft invasion of their country by mudslimes and their lack of spine to deal with their own internal problems is proof that they have no resolve to survive. Let them perish in the worst way possible.....they fully deserve it.

Agreed, but they have put out some good bands over the years.

Many of the most famous either electrified American blues, or repackaged NYC punk.

I would agree that their progressive rock bands were original and innovative.

"We've even had to put up CCTV at home because we didn't feel safe," he said.

How does a CCTV camera make anyone safer? Is it supposed to be a deterrent?

If a 78 year-old pensioner gets arrested for 'murder' for defending himself in his own home, there's no hope for the UK. They're done. Enjoy your invasion.

The pensioner, who suffered bruising to his arms, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Do they have the death penalty over there? Is the british .gov going to complete the job the burglars failed to do?

Every time I hear the word “guidance” when it comes to the government, it sounds like a law being made on the spot without involving the legislature. Does this sound familiar to people in MA?
The law protects people using ‘reasonable force’ against intruders, so they can protect themselves or others if a crime is taking place inside their home.

This means people can protect themselves ‘in the heat of the moment’ – including using an object as a weapon. They can also stop an intruder running off, for example by tackling them to the ground.

There is no specific definition of ‘reasonable force’ and it is said to depend on the circumstances.

Government guidance states that if a person ‘only did what you honestly thought was necessary at the time, this would provide strong evidence that you acted within the law’

However, people risk prosecution if they carry on attacking the intruder even if they are no longer in danger, or pre-plan a trap for someone rather than involving the police.

One famous case involved Tony Martin, who killed Fred Barras, 16, and wounded accomplice Brendon Fearon, 29, with his unlicensed shotgun after he found them late at night inside his home in August 1999.

He was jailed for life for murder at Norwich Crown Court in April 2000, but later had his sentence reduced to five years for manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.
Homeowner, 78, arrested 'after burglar stabbed to death during break-in' | Daily Mail Online

I've not had an ounce of respect for them ever. They choose to maintain a kingdom/monarchy, they disarmed their own population twice and begged the U.S. for weapons during WWII and never returned the arms that were sent, instead they chose to dump them in the sea off the cliffs of Dover. They've colonized, disarmed and mistreated countless millions of people around the globe for decades, their diet is beyond bland, their arrogance is beyond intolerable, they allowed a soft invasion of their country by mudslimes and their lack of spine to deal with their own internal problems is proof that they have no resolve to survive. Let them perish in the worst way possible.....they fully deserve it.

my wife's cousin married one. The woman is beyond intolerable and she hates me with a capital H-A-T-E-S. She thinks I am a gun nut and cannot believe my daughters shoot with me. She's been in my house for holidays and won't say a word to me. lmfao. I cannot stand any of those people I have met from over there. Never been to England. no desire to go at all.

They've colonized, disarmed and mistreated countless millions of people around the globe for decades, their diet is beyond bland, their arrogance is beyond intolerable, they allowed a soft invasion of their country by mudslimes and their lack of spine to deal with their own internal problems is proof that they have no resolve to survive. Let them perish in the worst way possible.....they fully deserve it.
you forgot to mention bad teeth....well, it's true.

From reading the story it sounds like the old man did a service to the community after a rash of burglaries. Very sad what's happening to GB but at some point you have to blame these wankers for their own politics.

In Greece the ministry of human services advises its citizens to pretend they are sleeping if they notice a burglar in the house. You can’t make this stuff up. Of course the politicians have armed guards outside their homes.

You can't carry them, and they have a voluntary surrender program for pointy ones: Lancashire Constabulary - Knife Crime - Lancashire Police

The antis want UK-style gun control. It’ll definitely lead to knife control. I followed a link from that page to this.

THE LAW ON GANGS & KNIVES
The law bans possession of knives in public without “good reason or lawful authority”, except for folding pocket knives with blades of no more than three inches. You have to be able to show that you had a good reason for possession if you’re found with a knife in a public place, such as for sporting purposes or as part of your job.

It’s illegal for a shop to sell any kind of knife to someone under 18. This includes kitchen knives and even cutlery.

It’s also illegal for shops to sell imitation guns or air weapons to anyone under 18, or to sell realistic imitation guns to anyone.

You’ll be committing an offence if you buy any of these items. Possessing a knife or firearm (whether it’s yours or not) is illegal and can result in a prison sentence.

Some knives are illegal for even adults to buy, they are:

• Flick knives – also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’.
  • Butterfly knives
  • Disguised knives – in which the blade is hidden in something like a belt buckle or fake mobile phone.
Things to remember:

• It is illegal to carry a knife or a gun, even an imitation one.
  • If you are caught with a knife or a gun, regardless of whether you say it was for your own protection or you were carrying it for someone else, you will be arrested and prosecuted.
  • Possession of a knife can carry a prison sentence of up to 4 years even if it’s not used.
  • There’s a minimum 5-year sentence for carrying a gun if you’re over 18. If you’re under 18, you could still go to prison.
  • If you stab somebody and they die, you will face a life sentence and will serve a minimum prison sentence of 25 years.
  • Causing the death of someone with a gun carries a life sentence and you will serve a mandatory 30-year prison sentence.
  • If someone is injured or killed by a knife or gun in your presence, even if you’re not the one using the weapon, you too could be prosecuted. You could be sent to prison for murder in what is referred to as ‘joint enterprise’.

The Law On Gangs & Knives

So, if I’m just standing around and someone gets stabbed next to me, and I happen to be carrying a pocket knife that wasn’t used in the stabbing, I can get jailed?

Last edited:
This is exactly what the Democrats here are working towards. Don't think it can happen? It's happening now. I spent time in Europe in the 80s and people literally did not lock their doors- and always asked why Americans were "obsessed with guns". I always tried to explain that in the U.S. there were unsafe areas, and that we had a constitutional right to protect ourselves. This they couldn't understand- as the mass third world immigration was just getting going, and at that time there was still no such thing as an unsafe area. They had it made in Western Europe- but they were being led by far left politicians and couldn't bring themselves to speak up for fear of being labled a racist....Sound familiar? I realize Trump is a deeply flawed person, but he is literally the only thing standing in the way of this future for America- jailing an elderly man for defending himself in his own home.

The antis want UK-style gun control. It’ll definitely lead to knife control. I followed a link from that page to this.

The Law On Gangs & Knives

So, if I’m just standing around and someone gets stabbed next to me, and I happen to be carrying a pocket knife that wasn’t used in the stabbing, I can get jailed?

I suspect that you can be tossed in jail for just being there when it happened. No pocket knife needed.

I remember a story from the late 80s of a home owner in GB whose home was broken into while he/she was home,burglar was armed as was the home owner shot said burglar with 12 ga. Was arrested fined and did time for shooting the burglar. Winston Churchill must be spinning in his grave.

I remember a story from the late 80s of a home owner in GB whose home was broken into while he/she was home,burglar was armed as was the home owner shot said burglar with 12 ga. Was arrested fined and did time for shooting the burglar. Winston Churchill must be spinning in his grave.

He got five years.
The burglar was wounded.
He then sued the homeowner based on the fact he couldn't pursue his profession, (Thief and home invader) because of the trauma he suffered and fear of being hurt in the future.
He won.

He got five years.
The burglar was wounded.
He then sued the homeowner based on the fact he couldn't pursue his profession, (Thief and home invader) because of the trauma he suffered and fear of being hurt in the future.
He won.

Yeah, I still can't believe that happened. I asked a British friend about it years ago, and he defended the thief, saying the homeowner was a total nutcase.

Back
Top Bottom