• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How can this even happen?

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
image.jpg Ms. Ott needs a lawyer who knows that the firearm acts of 2014 changed spray possession! Am I missing something here? The police, DA, and judge not up on current laws?

Looks like she is all set. This was from 2014.

Ashley Marie Ott, 49, of 69 East Central St., Worcester, charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (mace) and possession of chemical mace without a Firearm ID Card, dismissed without prejudice

Is there anything you don't need a license for in MA? How does joe blow, non gun forum member navigate the quagmire of MA laws and reasonably protect himself without worry of prosecution?

Is there anything you don't need a license for in MA? How does joe blow, non gun forum member navigate the quagmire of MA laws and reasonably protect himself without worry of prosecution?

If you go to the gun store and say "hello, I'm looking to buy a gun (or 'that gun')", you can usually get enough basic information from them to get a clue in regards to how gun laws work in any state. If you can use the internet and try, you can usually figure it out yourself. When I lived in RI, you need one of three things to buy a pistol and to be 21: a town-issued carry permit, a DEM-issued "Blue Card", or a hunter safety pass card. You can find this out online very quick. I'm sure Mass isn't much harder to find out about online.

The grey area comes when people want certain guns they can't get in a gun store or that aren't sold in Mass at all - guys coming in from other parts of the country with non-Mass guns like ARs with certain features, pistols you can't buy in Mass, etc. How many locked threads are there talking about "Where can I find a Glock in Mass?" or "Is the new SIG PXYZ super-dooper pistol coming to Mass?"

NES has 40,504 members on the members' list. The amount of people who regularly contribute, and I use the term "contribute" in its widest possible form, is definitely under 100, if not under 20. Most people develop a question, ask it, then either never come back or lurk and don't post.

Last edited:
NES has 40,504 members on the members' list. The amount of people who regularly contribute, and I use the term "contribute" in its widest possible form, is definitely under 100, if not under 20. Most people develop a question, ask it, then either never come back or lurk and don't post.

I'm just here due to a bit of Insomnia.

I know the gist of it, but I just see so many questions on some of the silliest things. There was like a 15 page thread on whether a glock magazine was pre-ban? I think a majority here keep up on laws and general trends in firearms pretty well. I'm talking about a gun owner, not an enthusiast, who wants to shoot, buy something new, or visit Mass with a firearm. When I lived in CT, there were a few times buddies would go to a range in Mass and invite me along, and I was confused as to what I could bring and whatnot. Thats what led me to join this forum, was to figure out what I needed to do to commute through mass or to shoot there. I was up in the Portsmouth ship yards and shot a good bit up in Maine, and went home on the weekends to CT, and always had some rifle strapped to the back of my bike. I was probably breaking a hundred different laws and didn't even know it.

The reason I'm on NES now is because in 2009 I was moving back to MA after 25 years in CA. NES is, by far, the best source of New England gun law advice out there.

Joe blow keeps his cell phone charged and has 911 on speed dial, has several whistles on them at all times and constantly has to urinate...just in case.

Last edited:

Sadly I think many people unknowingly live as un-arrested felons.

The reason I'm on NES now is because in 2009 I was moving back to MA after 25 years in CA. NES is, by far, the best source of New England gun law advice out there.

Thanks, we try to be the best source, in spite of all the non-expert and incorrect legal info that gets posted here.

Sadly I think many people unknowingly live as un-arrested felons.

Yup, there are so many laws in MA that it's impossible not to do criminal acts.

Back
Top Bottom