• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how are your post trump, color revolution, covid family relationships ?

The only family thing is my brother and SIL avoid talking politics AT ALL. Only b/c my dad, a staunch Democrat, has said a lot of not-nice things about the current administration. ROFL!!!

As far as colorwheelies, wife was in Northampton last weekend for a class. She said the # of BLM signs were staggering. Saw zero black people her entire 2 days there. ROFL!!! "Black Lives Matter - In Matter-pan. Not Northampton."

The bill signs are always FAR more prevalent in white towns. The bill yard sign people are virtue signaling to their neighbors. They don’t care a wit about balaclava people, they just want the that boys from their white neighbors

I do choose my family. Just because some aunt had kids or whatever, why does that mean I’m linked to them for life. I choose friends and family. If you’re not a good person, I don’t care you’re my 2nd cousin, aunt etc.

The good ones I’m in contact with, the idiots (some are onto drugs and or alcoholics, others are just really shitty people regardless of politics) I don’t see or want to.
Yes, but you couldn't choose who your parents are or the environment you were born into.

And while you can choose if you speak to extended family or not, they are still your family.

That is what I meant.

trump did not do a zilch to solidify any actual improvements for the causes that matter to people, he is same exact owner class member - was the one since he was born and will remain as such. and he had everything at his disposal, congress, house, and even most of scotus.

Not sure if serious all but like a handful of people in the GOP basically didn't support him, because he upset their little stupid game. Mainstreamer GOP faggots like cocaine mitch, lindsay graham, etc, were not going to push any legislation for him. Trump was ineffective on that front because most of the rest of the establishment was too busy throwing a temper tantrum over him becoming president. They didnt want him to claim even a "partial" win on anything. Basically all most of K street did is double down and isolate the guy for like 4
years. Then the GOP types even conned him into picking all the wrong cabinet people which continued to stab him in the back. Not sure how you can expect someone to "do much" in that environment.

So the end result is we got 3 supreme court replacements and a bunch of executive orders that got revoked on day 1 of PuddingBrain(TM) because people were too busy throwing
temper tantrums over orange man.

IMHO the biggest thing he f***ed up on was the Covid BS/Fauci. that and he didnt embarass politicians enough into getting him an immigration reform
package. Which he would have ended up signing even if it had a bunch of concessions in it. They couldn't let him with though, even if it meant they were going to get 2/3rds of what they wanted (on both sides).

Yes, but you couldn't choose who your parents are or the environment you were born into.

And while you can choose if you speak to extended family or not, they are still your family.

That is what I meant.

I know. I look at it beyond just speaking to people. I have some relatives who I don’t accept as relatives because they’re garbage people. I’m not even aware of their politics or views on covid, etc. they’re arrogant, bim better than you types. They’ve been terrible users of their parents, etc. I don’t accept them as relatives at all.

Not sure if serious all but like a handful of people in the GOP basically didn't support him, because he upset their little stupid game. Mainstreamer GOP faggots like cocaine mitch, lindsay graham, etc, were not going to push any legislation for him. Trump was ineffective on that front because most of the rest of the establishment was too busy throwing a temper tantrum over him becoming president. They didnt want him to claim even a "partial" win on anything. Basically all most of K street did is double down and isolate the guy for like 4
years. Then the GOP types even conned him into picking all the wrong cabinet people which continued to stab him in the back. Not sure how you can expect someone to "do much" in that environment.

So the end result is we got 3 supreme court replacements and a bunch of executive orders that got revoked on day 1 of PuddingBrain(TM) because people were too busy throwing
temper tantrums over orange man.

IMHO the biggest thing he f***ed up on was the Covid BS/Fauci. that and he didnt embarass politicians enough into getting him an immigration reform
package. Which he would have ended up signing even if it had a bunch of concessions in it. They couldn't let him with though, even if it meant they were going to get 2/3rds of what they wanted (on both sides).

No legislation was going to pass because the filibuster still exists for legislation with the exception to “budget” matters which only need a simple majority if budget reconciliation is used. That’s why biden got the covid bill through reconciliation but hasn’t sign anything else other than infrastructure.

Don’t exempt trump from those cabinet and WH staff picks, he chose some really shitty people. Rex tillerson, sessions was his guy, he went through 4 or 5 chief of staff. He picked ray at FBI, fauci and others on his task force.

The bill signs are always FAR more prevalent in white towns. The bill yard sign people are virtue signaling to their neighbors. They don’t care a wit about balaclava people, they just want the that boys from their white neighbors
Dorchester as a whole is: African American 44%; White 22%; Hispanic 20%; Asian 10%. And Niche.com says the most common phrase to describe the neighborhood is “Hard working people.” Not a lot of extra money around.

Can think of two BLM signs. Way more in the lily ‘burbs.

f***ing hypocrites: “Black Lives Matter - as long as we don’t have to live with them, or go to school with them.”

We don't talk politics at family gatherings. They know how I feel and vice versa. Although my sister was a little shocked when my son told her that he was one of 2 seniors who were picked as Most likely not to wear a mask at school. It's a new thing in the yearbook along with other stuff like Best Dressed. I was very proud of my boy. He did say that he respected the teachers if they told him to wear it, he would but everywhere else in school he went maskless.

No legislation was going to pass because the filibuster still exists for legislation with the exception to “budget” matters which only need a simple majority if budget reconciliation is used. That’s why biden got the covid bill through reconciliation but hasn’t sign anything else other than infrastructure.

Someone could have produced a bipartisan immigration reform bill where Trump got his "wall" and the lefties got a bunch of amnesty concessions or imrpovement of existing rules that Trump was using (ironically many from obama admin) to punish the shit out of illegals with. And he could have been roped into signing off on it even with concessions, but "they" were never going
to allow him to do that because it would allow him to claim some sort of accomplishment. (especially considering that every immigration reform thing since Reagan basically failed)

Don’t exempt trump from those cabinet and WH staff picks, he chose some really shitty people. Rex tillerson, sessions was his guy, he went through 4 or 5 chief of staff. He picked ray at FBI, fauci and others on his task force.

I'm not... IMHO that was his biggest f***ups. He needed to go 100% off beltway for it and he didnt, he sucked for "safe, adviser driven" picks instead of outsiders. He trusted people too
much. Ironically in that one space, he was not nearly arrogant enough. And also didnt flush the toilet enough from the prior administration. He needed to bring in outsiders and get them to act as hatchet men/women for the first year or so at least to flush that shit out, and he failed doing that, and ultimately paid the price on the back end. (if the recent news with the Bill Barr knowledge fo the laptop thing wasnt anything more damning, then I dont know what is).

ETA: people will talk about the mean tweets and his mouth and this and that. But if ever actually ran again in a primary you know what other GOP types would hammer him on? Fauci. And thats the one thing he can't get away from. That and this vaxx promo BS he was pushing, thats not going to sell well, especially given that shit as days go by has more and more "poison" indicators attached to it. It didnt help that Trump couldn't even overrule him. It made him look feckless. He could have said "Masks on airplanes, no we're not doing that. We're going to leave it up to the airlines to decide, sorry doctor"

Dorchester as a whole is: African American 44%; White 22%; Hispanic 20%; Asian 10%. And Niche.com says the most common phrase to describe the neighborhood is “Hard working people.” Not a lot of extra money around.

Can think of two BLM signs. Way more in the lily ‘burbs.

f***ing hypocrites: “Black Lives Matter - as long as we don’t have to live with them, or go to school with them.”
True.
Hard working minorities in neighborhoods like Dorchester,Roxbury in Mattapan have been hurt the most by #defund the police, #BLM.

My older brother stopped talking to me when I called him out for claiming to be a 'Veteran" whilst trashing the Orange Man. Went into the Navy Reserve to dodge the Draft, never was deployed and HATED the Navy. Him owing me about $1300 that he never repaid might have had something to do with it. Screw it, you inherit your family, not choose them.

People are way too obsessed on both sides. I don’t really understand it.

I still wake up every morning, put in a solid 8-10 hours of work, come home to my wonderful wife. Engage in some hobbies, eat good food, travel. See my family every few weeks. Literally nothing has changed.

You can choose to be all Orange Man Bad or Biden stole the election. Whatever. I’ll live in my own reality where no president has had an impact on my own life.

I follow my dad’s simple rules- work hard, spend less than you earn, be kind, be proud of the person you are and always keep improving. Work hard. Do good.

I have spirited debates with my family all the time. I haven't talked with them about the phony dossier and Hunter's real laptop yet. I love them, but they've been brainwashed by public schools, NYT, and NPR.

Wow, you have a lot of free time to go after folks. [devil2]
He may not have thought through what he was saying about himself there.

I'm fortunate that my family are all conservative except for some in-laws. And they're all easy enough to get along with, not the insane kind of left-wingers. My coworkers and I get along, even the ones I clashed with during the Trump years. Giving up political topics at work hasn't been any loss for me. I can't learn anything from them on political topics because they're nothing more than parrots in that context.

Someone could have produced a bipartisan immigration reform bill where Trump got his "wall" and the lefties got a bunch of amnesty concessions or imrpovement of existing rules that Trump was using (ironically many from obama admin) to punish the shit out of illegals with. And he could have been roped into signing off on it even with concessions, but "they" were never going
to allow him to do that because it would allow him to claim some sort of accomplishment. (especially considering that every immigration reform thing since Reagan basically failed)

I'm not... IMHO that was his biggest f***ups. He needed to go 100% off beltway for it and he didnt, he sucked for "safe, adviser driven" picks instead of outsiders. He trusted people too
much. Ironically in that one space, he was not nearly arrogant enough. And also didnt flush the toilet enough from the prior administration. He needed to bring in outsiders and get them to act as hatchet men/women for the first year or so at least to flush that shit out, and he failed doing that, and ultimately paid the price on the back end. (if the recent news with the Bill Barr knowledge fo the laptop thing wasnt anything more damning, then I dont know what is).

ETA: people will talk about the mean tweets and his mouth and this and that. But if ever actually ran again in a primary you know what other GOP types would hammer him on? Fauci. And thats the one thing he can't get away from. That and this vaxx promo BS he was pushing, thats not going to sell well, especially given that shit as days go by has more and more "poison" indicators attached to it. It didnt help that Trump couldn't even overrule him. It made him look feckless. He could have said "Masks on airplanes, no we're not doing that. We're going to leave it up to the airlines to decide, sorry doctor"

Dems were dug in, especially on the wall. The only way they’d give the wall would be complete amnesty for all illegals and immediate citizenship. Dems don’t really want a lot of things passed, they want to keep the issue to rally their lunatic base every 4 years. Dems have completely misjudged immigration. They moronically believe all Hispanics want open borders. That’s typical dem racism and also very wrong. Hispanic communities are the ones flooded with these low skill illegals and their kids schools are flooded with illegal kids sucking up resources their kids should get. Dems are looking extremely poor with Hispanics in many areas, especially Texas and Florida. They’re going to be very surprised in November but they’re stupid so they’ll continue the policies which are driving voters away and say ‘our policies are great, we did explain them to the rubes well enough’

Some ot the establishment types, preibus, spicer etc were bad fits but remember it was trump who brought in amarosa, scaramuchi, etc. some of the people trump himself picked were horrendous.

A lot of why Trump won in 16 was he ran against Hillary who is one of the worst candidates in history. Both Hillary and trump had terrible favorable ratings. If you look at real clear politics poling tracker, even with as bad as biden has been, in a hypothetical ‘24 matchup, they’re in a dead heat.

I think DeSantis beats trump in the primaries they both run and as you say, fauci is a big anchor for trump. Trump was a big lockdown proponent for a long time. I remember the GA governor lifted restrictions, trump attacked kemp for lifting the restrictions. kemp lifts restrictions trump criticizes - Google Search

He was praising newsom in CA, cuomo in NY and Murphy in NJ for months.

A huge problem with trump the entire time and into the future is he’s incredibly stupid on most issues. He doesn’t know about most times and does and says stupid things a lot. I remember a few days after the parkland school shooting where he had 20 or so senators, etc at the WH and Feinstein went on a rant about gun control. All kids of loon ideas, universal background checks, AWB, mag limits, etc and trump told her, write the bill, I’ll get it passed and I’ll sign it. Feinstein was giddy, had a huge smile. That night NRA lobbyist Chris fox had to go to the WH, sit trump down and educate him. The next day he said the right things and gun control was dead.

DeSantis is near perfect on the issues, very smart, knows all the issues and he’s consistent and doesn’t put his foot in his mouth. He has a great family, hasn’t cheated on his wife with everything that moves (that hurts trump with women, they think he’s a pig and some vote on that), DeSantis has military experience, can serve two terms. Trump has a ton of baggage and to this day A LOT of people don’t like him. Trump also lost to a virtual corpse and one of the dumbest people to ever serve in the senate. There were shady things done but it’s trumps weakness as a candidate that it was close enough for the shady things to matter.

Trump won FL by 3.5%, DeSantis is currently leading dem candidates by 10%. DeSantis has $81 million in his campaign account, the two dems running for governor have less than $4 million. He’s going to crush them and have a huge wave of publicity to ride into 2024.

Sister in law and her husband have dodged the question of why our nephew can’t sleep over for a few years, Turns out they won’t let my nephew over without chaperone because I own guns. They said he could stay over if I give them a “tour” of my gun storage. My wife and I told them to pound sand. Both are looney moonbats for sure.

Last edited:
Politics get left at the doorstep, when family gathering happen. We all know where we stand and that's OK. We enjoy each other and have been blessed by a flurry of young kids to run and crawl around and generally lighten up the mood.

I may be a problem, I'm ok with that. Family is accidental, I'm more concerned with those I choose to be with.
It’s the relationships you choose to be in that are difficult, particularly the ones you choose to live with. I tapped out right after Jan 6 and broke up w Madame, we sold our place and went out on our own. She was a teacher… will never ever date a teacher again. Her family was becoming a problem but they were far enough away and visited infrequently enough that I was able to largely avoid them. We’re still in contact, see each other once in a while. She’d get back together, getting out of that relationship was the best thing I ever did.

Last edited:
True.
Hard working minorities in neighborhoods like Dorchester,Roxbury in Mattapan have been hurt the most by #defund the police, #BLM.

Black males are only 6% of the population but close to 50% of murder victims. The more violence in cities, the more black victims of crime. The defund the police proponents are white liberals in wealthy suburbs, wealthy celebrities and politicians who live in the wealthiest and safest areas.

The same types oppose school vouchers so less well off parents can send their kids to private schools, escaping bad public schools especially in cities. The pelosi, Kennedy’s, cuomos, etc live in wealthy areas with good schools or send their kids to elite private schools.

One of the first bills Obama signed in 09 was a bill to kill the voucher trial program for kids in DC. A few black girls went to Sidwell friends with the voucher, the same school Obama and Clinton sent their kids. He could afford it and his girls should go there not the terrible DC public schools but those poor black girls were not deserving because they didn’t have wealthy parents. The biggest lie in politics is democrats care about people. Their subservience to teachers unions and keeping kids stuck in truly horrible schools like LA, Detroit, DC, Chicago etc is disgusting and illustrative of how little they care about people.

I don't let politics ruin family. We'll argue it out over some beers, but in the end we're the same blood, and if you can't be cordial to meet up with family, then YOU'RE the problem (not you on this forum of course those who aren't cordial with family)
blood family yes and blood i mean immediate, cousins and uncles don't count. all others are off the table

Sister in law and her husband have dodged the question of why our nephew can’t sleep over for a few years, Turns out they won’t let my nephew over without chaperone because I own guns. They said he could stay over if I give them a “tour” of my gun storage. My wife and I told them to pound sand. Both are looney moonbats for sure.
I could understand them not wanting their kids sleeping over at your home, but that's a new level of mental gymnastics right there...

My parents got divorced when I was a child. Mom's side liberal, dad's side conservative. There are few exceptions to this on either side. Covid/Trump/etc didn't cause any of them to change sides, in fact both sides went deeper into their ideological trenches.

I very much enjoy political debate and I poke fun at my liberal relatives, but I stop short of going into tirades with them because I don't want to be written out of the will. It wouldn't be productive anyway because they are older and set in their ways and I am likely the only one who will be carrying on their bloodline, so my children will have a proper understanding growing up.

You can choose to be all Orange Man Bad or Biden stole the election. Whatever. I’ll live in my own reality where no president has had an impact on my own life.
ssjm1006gasprices11 copy.jpg
My man, you can ignore it if you want and more power to you if you can because the reality is very stressful, but the President absolutely has an impact on your life. The President decides the ideological makeup of the setters of all policies at the federal level, and you best believe they trickle down. They affect how much you pay to drive, how quickly your money becomes worthless, and how quickly you are ethnically replaced in your own homeland.

And to be clear, Biden didn't steal the election. Biden doesn't know what year it is and the only thing he is capable of stealing is a kiss from an underage girl. A coordinated network of unelected bureaucrats (sometimes referred to as "the deep state") used the shanghai shivers as a pretext to engage in ballot harvesting to such a degree that the result of the election was changed, surgically, in critical states.

My parents got divorced when I was a child. Mom's side liberal, dad's side conservative. There are few exceptions to this on either side. Covid/Trump/etc didn't cause any of them to change sides, in fact both sides went deeper into their ideological trenches.

I very much enjoy political debate and I poke fun at my liberal relatives, but I stop short of going into tirades with them because I don't want to be written out of the will. It wouldn't be productive anyway because they are older and set in their ways and I am likely the only one who will be carrying on their bloodline, so my children will have a proper understanding growing up.

View attachment 595088
My man, you can ignore it if you want and more power to you if you can because the reality is very stressful, but the President absolutely has an impact on your life. The President decides the ideological makeup of the setters of all policies at the federal level, and you best believe they trickle down. They affect how much you pay to drive, how quickly your money becomes worthless, and how quickly you are ethnically replaced in your own homeland.

And to be clear, Biden didn't steal the election. Biden doesn't know what year it is and the only thing he is capable of stealing is a kiss from an underage girl. A coordinated network of unelected bureaucrats (sometimes referred to as "the deep state") used the shanghai shivers as a pretext to engage in ballot harvesting to such a degree that the result of the election was changed, surgically, in critical states.

Ahh yes, gas prices. Blame Biden if you want, the real economists know that's just a scapegoat.

If the extra 20-30 bucks a week is life changing for you then I know of plenty of places hiring. For the rest of us- jobs and contracts and the market has kept up with inflation and my life still hasn't changed. I know a lot of people whose entire identity is politics. Seems like a frustrating way to waste brain cells. I'll keep focusing on myself and my family.

I look at the past 10-12 years of my life and I can attribute all my successes or failures 100% to my own doing. I'm way better off now than I was 4 years ago and that has absolutely zero to do with the president. It's really easy to blame our troubles on THE MAN, a lot harder to take responsibility.

If you are really going to sit here and try to sell me that your life is significantly worse off because gas prices went up 2 bucks then lets be honest... your life wasn't all that great to begin with

Last edited:
As far as colorwheelies, wife was in Northampton last weekend for a class. She said the # of BLM signs were staggering. Saw zero black people her entire 2 days there. ROFL!!! "Black Lives Matter - In Matter-pan. Not Northampton."
Sounds like the Hamilton, Wenham, Essex, Ipswich area. Really the only area in my corner of the world that I've seen multiple BLM signs displayed. White as snow. (not that there's anything wrong with that lol)

My sister is a lib and her husband is even worse. (Born in NYC, Harvard Law, lives in Cambridge) My sis and I came to a realization years ago that neither one of us is going to change the other's mind so we really don't discuss politics or social issues. I see her and her kid pretty much every weekend. Her husband and I pretty much don't talk except to say hello and goodbye, but we were like that pre Trump and pre covid.

I haven't been together with the rest of the family since Christmas 2019 due to my non vax status. My aunt and uncle are having health issues so I guess I can kind of see where they're coming from. She did have me come by on Christmas and Thanksgiving last year to pick up a plate. Met me in the lobby of the building and gave me a hug, lol.

They're mostly libs but she and my uncle were always quick to squash any political talk at get togethers, regardless of what opinion was being expressed. They're smart enough to know that politics isn't worth ruining family relationships over.

I have a female friend that I was very close with who likes to think of herself as being independent minded but in reality I could spend an hour researching what's trending on FB and it would pretty much match with what's getting her worked up currently.

She works in a hospital and is convinced that the unvaxxed are to blame for everything that's gone on for the last couple years. I tried to avoid the political talk, but she would push and I would say f*ck it and lay it out there. She pretty much thinks I'm a racist, right wing conspiracy nut job and I think she's living in a fantasy world and blind to what's going on in the world. We haven't talked in months.

Work is pretty much live and let live. There's still a few people that are masked 24/7. They don't push it on anyone, no one pushes them and we all get along.

Ahh yes, gas prices. Blame Biden if you want, the real economists know that's just a scapegoat.

If the extra 20-30 bucks a week is life changing for you then I know of plenty of places hiring. For the rest of us- jobs and contracts and the market has kept up with inflation and my life still hasn't changed. I know a lot of people whose entire identity is politics. Seems like a frustrating way to waste brain cells. I'll keep focusing on myself and my family.

I look at the past 10-12 years of my life and I can attribute all my successes or failures 100% to my own doing. I'm way better off now than I was 4 years ago and that has absolutely zero to do with the president. It's really easy to blame our troubles on THE MAN, a lot harder to take responsibility.

If you are really going to sit here and try to sell me that your life is significantly worse off because gas prices went up 2 bucks then lets be honest... your life wasn't all that great to begin with
Somebody PLEASE Q da parrots! 🤔

Back
Top Bottom