How are YOU carrying striker-fired pistols?

He's mentioned before, I think in another thread, that his plan is to carry to work, go into the bathroom, disarm, then lock his gun in a bag in his desk all day before he clocks out, whereupon he plans to go back into the bathroom and re-arm for the commute home.

Seems dumb to me, too, but what do I know?

The complete disarming part I agree with you on. His choice of where to disarm is where I used to go to transfer from my jacket to my ankle when I got to work back in my 9-5 office job, it's probably the only area that isn't under video surveillance in the work place. If it is, then someone has some explaining to do, so there's that little pearl of wisdom.

As for the thread, I agree with getting a good holster for starters that covers the trigger but allows you to get a good grip on the handle, multiple sometimes, depending how how you want to carry, IWB, OWB, 7 O'clock (I'm left handed, 5 five the more common types), appendix, pocket, etc be it striker fired or otherwise. The other part is keeping your finger off the trigger when drawing or re-holstering. What I find that's always left out in these conversations and should be mentioned is the belt that it's going to be attached to for all around waist type carries. A good holster is only part of it. I've been going with Kore Essentials for dress belts, works for me.

There are some handguns I don't bother with a holster at all in certain circumstances. I have holsters for them for front pocket carry and ankle use but there's a couple I don't bother using one when I'm carrying them in my Peacoat. One is a 642 and the other is a S&W bodyguard .380. They're both small DAO and like most others, the trigger pull is so looooong that I mean you have to be deliberately pulling on it to fire.

That sounds as if it has the potential to end very badly.

P365XL no safety with one in the chamber in a Milt Sparks VM II IWB Leather Holster. Might also be a P938 with a chambered round, cocked & locked in a VM II - it’s not striker fired but it’s in my rotation.

Last edited:
I just started carrying an HK P30SK with a round in the chamber and the hammer down (decocked). Previously I carried a S&W Shield + with the 100 lb trigger, usually no rd in chamber just cuz.

Sexist comment warning, proceed at your own risk:
Does "decocked" also mean when a man is getting into bed with a woman, who is unattractive and/or obese, and someone turns the lights on?

Back
Top Bottom