How are YOU carrying striker-fired pistols?

He's mentioned before, I think in another thread, that his plan is to carry to work, go into the bathroom, disarm, then lock his gun in a bag in his desk all day before he clocks out, whereupon he plans to go back into the bathroom and re-arm for the commute home.

Seems dumb to me, too, but what do I know?
Suit carry thread. At least he won't be carrying his tow ball inside as well. It's alot to keep up with!

He's mentioned before, I think in another thread, that his plan is to carry to work, go into the bathroom, disarm, then lock his gun in a bag in his desk all day before he clocks out, whereupon he plans to go back into the bathroom and re-arm for the commute home.

Oh, FFS. That's just crazy.

Why not just leave it locked in the car if that’s your plan?

Any gun with a good holster will work.

Beretta, Glock, Sig, pick your poison and a reputable holder manufacturer and be done with it.
Then go train.

Why tho?

My carry gun has remained loaded for at least 3 months. There is rarely a reason for an admin unload.

My carry gun goes back and forth from my waist to the microvault in the bedroom. My second carry gun lives in a knapsack. They're both loaded with rounds in the chamber.

I shot both of them last weekend, and that's the first time they've been unloaded in I don't know how long. I swapped the hollowpoint defense ammo out for range ammo, then swapped it back when I was done.

People, in massachusetts, are conditioned to think a loaded gun is illegal unless they are actively carrying it.

<sigh>

I reviewed my gun trust yesterday, and in the process verified all of the serial numbers, and separated the list into "guns in Georgia" and "guns in Connecticut". Couldn't find one of my skeet guns at first. Finally remembered that I'd put it back in its case after cleaning it and the case was up on the shelf over the gun safe. It's an over/under and breaks into two parts, the case is about 3 feet long.

Yeah - that's not a problem here, but it did make me think of Mass laws.

My two main carry guns are an LC9s and a 1911. I set the safety on the 1911 because that’s how it should be carried. I set the safety on the Ruger because I’m afraid it may get switched on accidentally. Since both safeties are the same motion to disengage, I don’t see an issue.

Of course, chamber is loaded but the magazines are ankle carried with ammo separate.

It's all about practice, well to a point, I wouldn't suggest an empty chamber, that usually requires a second hand. And if you're not practicing weak/strong/1-hand/2-hand then you are missing a very real possibility of one hand being unavailable.

As for a manual safety, I can only speak to my experience. I started out with a S&W59, DA/SA with a manual safety, and for CCW a Walther PP, same thing DA/SA manual safter. And both safeties are flip up to fire. For more than a decade I was at the range 2-3 days a week, draw, DA, SA, SA. That's from hammer down safety on with 2 to center mass and one to the head (plus mag changes and practice clearing), for 10s of thousands of rounds.

At this point I don't even notice my flipping the safety, so it's not costing me any time or thought. And I like the added safety.

Of course the other side to all that practice is I haven't completely switched over to the Sig365 yet, you see it's safety is a flip DOWN, and I don't have the kind of spare time I did back them to practice.

Obviously a manual safety offers a little more physical safety, and the counter is that it's not necessary and adds time.
The time point, to me, is about skill and training. I don't draw then flip the safety. The draw and safety occur at the same time, no extra time is required. And frankly I can't remember the last time I missed the safety during the draw.
If these two operations are costing you seconds, then maybe you shouldn't have a manual safety.
Just remember that virtually every ND that happens when putting a gun in a holster, or drawing it out, happens without a manual safety, and it's not always the persons finger that causes it.

I prefer double-action autos. But if I was to carry a striker-fired pistol, it certainly would not be in an IWB holster in my crouch, that's for sure. [mg]
Striker fired is double action!! Double action?!?!??? Like DAO???!!! Double action!!!!!!!

Lmao

Who's got the bingo cards ready

Isreali carry
Finger is your safety
1911 guys
Hammer fired semis
Revolvers
Off body carrys
Thunderwear guns
Just one gun? Guys
The conceal a ma duece guys
Someone going full pirate and carrying 6 flintlocks in a bandolier
The i carry a broadsword guy
The i only go out in full body armor guys

Dude I can put put up with @dgrantdoherty and @Broc's fellatio but I did not need to experience this today.

Also would still hit it and quit it. I bet she'd look good in a pinstripe suit. 🤫
Apparently Tallahassee's post is so bad I don't have permission to view it. Why Mods? I'm not exactly a virgin.

My favorite carry gun is DA/SA hammer HK without safety. One in chamber. First bullet comes out when I squeeze the trigger. Subsequent bullets come out with less effort.

Also, this thread delivers so far.

Pretty prolific pretty fast @IRON EAGLE. Are you going to flame out?

Back
Top Bottom