How are YOU carrying striker-fired pistols?

When you CCW, are you carrying your striker-fired pistol (no safety) with one in the chamber?
I carry Glocks (three passive safeties) with a Striker Control Device (aka the "Gadget") and a round in the chamber, AIWB.

Here's what I'm concerned about - If I am at work and my gun is locked in my desk, or in my glovebox/under the seat while I drive with one in the chamber, do I need to ever worry about it firing?
Quality handguns in good mechanical condition do not function on their own.

Even in your desk/glove box/under seat/nightstand drawer/quick access safe, a loaded pistol should be in a quality holster; this prevents a person grasping or groping for the pistol and inadvertently putting their finger on the trigger before establishing a master grip and putting their trigger finger in high register.

If you aren't comfortable with carrying one in the chamber - get some training.

Here's what I'm concerned about - If I am at work and my gun is locked in my desk, or in my glovebox/under the seat while I drive with one in the chamber, do I need to ever worry about it firing?
I carry in a hard plastic holster with a single belt clip. I put it on and take it off with the gun still in the holster. I carry daily and might go a week without unholstering the gun. Can't get into trouble with the gun in its holster.

If you are in MA, keep that EDC on your person or legally stored for transport. Most states aren't like this one so YRMV.

When you CCW, are you carrying your striker-fired pistol (no safety) with one in the chamber?

Glocks have the 'trigger safety'. P365s have safeties. Over the years I have opted for DA/SA semiautos and carried hammer-down.

I don't like Glocks or M&Ps due to the long trigger pull. I am leaning towards the P365 for my next CCW gun.

ff2c3a5dc9ee1441ff86d6a324a83cad6169fa1c_hq.jpg

Glocks have the 'trigger safety'. P365s have safeties. Over the years I have opted for DA/SA semiautos and carried hammer-down.

I don't like Glocks or M&Ps due to the long trigger pull. I am leaning towards the P365 for my next CCW gun.
One in the chamber. Don't carry if you are not willing to do it. It actually takes too much time to draw in an emergency. I can't imagine having to chamber it as well.

Last edited:
YES, If there were to be an earthquake your gun could slosh around in the desk drawer and fire repeatedly.

Always one in the pipe and any time I’m not shooting them my loaded pistols are in holsters that cover the triggers. in the safe, in a bag, sitting on my desk, for me, if it’s loaded it’s trigger is covered. I’m never worried about them going off on their own. but I do work to mitigate factors.

When I got my first gun it was a M&P full size. I was not fully confident in the safety of the gun to not just “go off”. ( hey I was new and didn’t know)
So I took a practical approach I put a snap cap in. Loaded mag and and carried it that was for a while, sitting on the couch, laying on the ground just doing things as I always had. I would pull the Trigger ( yes I followed gun safety) and it would snap, so it never had self fired.
Then I purposely dropped it down the stairs, knocked it off the table threw it across the room.
Pick it up and pull the trigger and snap. That proved to me the gun was perfectly safe to carry.
From that point on my gun is loaded and chambered.

I'd trust glocks and sigs enough that'd I'd mexican carry in track pants or joggers. Still only have one hole in my butt.

Back
Top Bottom