• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How about this for a new forum?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey everyone,

What do you all think about starting a new forum for gun reviews? Often times one of us will put out the feelers to the group about a certain type of gun wondering about it's pros and cons. With the bevy of talent and knowledge we have assembled here, I think it would be a great way of getting good opinions and info out there, as well as allow those of us who would like to write a full review of some of our prized shooters a space to work within. The depth of the review would obviously be up to the poster, but a few paragraphs and maybe a range test and some pics would be cool.

I for one would be happy to start the ball rolling with a comprehensive review of one of my many goodies!

What do you all think?[smile]

Wouldn't that be already covered in the equipment section under Firearms, Equipment, and AMMO??

Spreading the info out makes it a little more difficult to find.

Regards,

Wouldn't that be already covered in the equipment section under Firearms, Equipment, and AMMO??

Spreading the info out makes it a little more difficult to find.

Regards,
That's what I was thinking. Although there is a gun store review forum, I suppose a gun review forum would be ok, however, too much wandering in threads could turn it into just another Firearms, Equipment and AMMO forum.

I used to subscribe to Gun Tests magazine (if you can all them magazines) a while back and they always had reviews of guns featuring what they liked and didn't like about certain models. Everything from trigger pull to groups using diferent ammo types was covered, and they inlcuded milsurp guns too.[smile]
I think a section under the hardware area could work right under the section for firearms,gear, and ammo since that forum is mainly links and questions instead of personal thoughts and opinions on a firearm.

I looked at the various offerings, and I believe a specific gun review forum would be a much easier way of finding info on a specific gun. From time to time, people will write comments on a certain pistol or rifle, but not make a formal, full review that all of us could benefit from. If there was a place where that review (that would certainly take some time and effort to produce) could "live" and have it's own audience, I think that more people would be willing to spend the time to organize their thoughts and write their particular gun experiences.

This is certainly helpful in the gun shop review forum, making it organized for the actual guns we love so much would surely be a benefit as well. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom