How a three round burst works

A problem with that design is reset - if you just tape the trigger and get one or two rounds off of a burst, the next pull will complete the cycle to bring you up to 3; it will not give a 3 round burst.

An M16 that a friend had at a shoot had a metal flap with an extra hole in the lower for full fun. Nothing remotely similar to the ratcheting cog in the video.

An M16 that a friend had at a shoot had a metal flap with an extra hole in the lower for full fun. Nothing remotely similar to the ratcheting cog in the video.
If it was the original M16 design, that is EXACTLY what is shown earlier in the video. The ratchet is only for three round burst units.

Last edited:
You've always been very generous whenever I'd see you out at the range with your stuff!
Thanks. Back and shoulders have pretty much gone to hell due to the arthritis, so I save my strength to mix the martinis. Don't seem to have a problem doing that. Jack.

Looks oddly like a cotton gin...

model-300x232.png

I once talked to Little Jack about that. He said "Papa, you know that I only do mag dumps". And Megan agreed with him. Jack.
Our DI at Parris told us to not even think about that giggle switch on our issued M16A4s. A no-questions-asked and no-excuses Article 15 would be the result. We were taught well-aimed single shots only.

With a little practice you can do 3-4 round bursts in most subguns. And even single shots in a slow fire gun like the Grease Gun. The "fun" is doing mag dumps. The "not so fun" is the cost of the ammo. Jack.

Yeah, the fastest I ever watched my money go away was shooting your Tommy gun with my box of 45. But it sure as hell was fun

I made it 23 seconds before deciding that I couldn't listen to Billy Basementboy talk about the animation he made.

I know how it works. I was in during the transition from A1 to A2. I would teach people how to do a proper function check on an A2, which is how you knew it was ready for burst mode at the first pull.

If you didn't do the full cycle, your first "burst" might be one round, or two.

Back
Top Bottom