"How a 'Cashless' America Could Become 'Gunless'"

The real issue, is the demonizing/ making irrelevant of what "everyone" thinks is wrong, or pointless.

We [laugh] and [eyeroll] at the Brits' stoopid knife crap....but they don't. Because, for them, it's the new , or not so new, normal.

I've had several young-uns ask me, "Why do you have cash?" in all seriousness.

Iceland and Sweden have gone almost entirely cashless; every business I interacted with took my (American chip-based) credit card and several only accepted cards, no cash.

They primarily used wireless Chip+PIN readers that they'd bring right to you; I'm starting to see these appear in US business as well. Your card never leaves your sight, and you get two chances to approve the amount then you get a paper receipt.

I like to pay cash for all my ammo, reloading supplies and guns. I don't like having the transactions traced to me because I don't want them knowing how much ammo I have or use. My wife has a simple rule that I am not allowed to buy guns on plastic so I keep a wad of cash around for when I need to buy something. If I sell any guns or related accessories I put the cash in my kitty. Each day at the end of the day I throw all my change and singles in the kitty. It doesn't take long to build up and there is enough to buy a gun. Of course this assumes you carry and use cash which I do. I always use cash for most of my day to day purchases.

Totally agree this except for:
1. I use a credit card for all non gun daily living purchases.
2. I may pay with a credit card for ammo via mail order from that great organization that ships ammo to the PROM, but who shall rename unspoken.
3. I have a smart phone so I can read stuff on this message board to feed my ongoing depression about continuously being shafted by the .gov and the MSM.

Last edited:
I think the point they're trying to make is that no business can survive without credit.

Sure, you can be cash only, but how big do you think you can really get if you can't make large purchases? Try buying 100,000 rounds of ammo with cash, or a money order, or gold.

This problem is *huge* for legal pot dispensaries.

Winchester couldn't possibly buy the brass and gunpowder and lead they need to make ammo without the banking system.

It is legal to establish private currency provided it can traded for US dollars at any time.

So we establish a gold standard currency that is backed by itself. Nobody has to have a Fort Knox to hold the "backing".

"new bucks", "value", "today's exchange against the dollar"
upload_2018-4-14_10-23-16.png

Of course the microbuck is worth more than $0, you'd just have to pony up enough to exchange at least one cent. Could probably just eliminate the microbuck, though. And there's probably no point in a denomination higher than the dekabuck, except in the banking world.

"new bucks" would be cnc machined coins in slightly graduated sizes (so they can sort easily) and one face will have a precise cavity milled to accept a slug of gold. The slug would weigh 1 gram for a "buck", 0.01 grams for a centibuck and so on. The coins would be stainless steel and have an exactly known weight for each type. Even a dekabuck would only be a third of an ounce of gold + the carrier coin. They wouldn't be too bulky to carry.

A coin validator would only need to know the exact weight of the coin and the physical dimensions and the strength of it's attraction to a magnet to determine if it was counterfeit. Four quick, automated measurements. Even if it WERE counterfeit, it would either have the appropriate amount of gold in it or it would be visually obvious as a fake.

Any machinists on here willing to make some samples?

And we need a design to engrave on the face. One for each denomination, I guess.

An Eagle. George, of course. A Flag. What else?

The problem with the above theory, is that too many people, and more every day, are moving to electronic "cash," and think that money that folds is too inconvenient - you expect them to go back to coins?

I see your point.....but too many will not have any idea of the reasoning behind it, and if it was explained, it would be anathema.

So we buy up several blocks of those $25 houses in Detroit, form our own community and use the cash there!

Put up walls and gates, raze every other house or even 2 out of 3, build a clinic, fire dept, police dept and schools and tell the city services to stay out.

As a bonus, every citizen is automatically on the police force and benefits from LEOSA.

Even if *big* companies could handle the .gov choking them out of the banking system, and us peons could handle it too by using cash... places like Four Seasons probably couldn't. If your two options are huge international companies that can "hide" gun related stuff and individuals and *very* small companies, that leaves a huge gap in the middle.

How many ammo or gun distributors could get by on cash only? How many small to mid-size sporting goods stores could survive without the banking system?

Even if *big* companies could handle the .gov choking them out of the banking system, and us peons could handle it too by using cash... places like Four Seasons probably couldn't. If your two options are huge international companies that can "hide" gun related stuff and individuals and *very* small companies, that leaves a huge gap in the middle.

How many ammo or gun distributors could get by on cash only? How many small to mid-size sporting goods stores could survive without the banking system?

Pair the New Bucks with a crypto currency for larger transfers. When using a crypto currency becomes as easy as using a credit card, people will use it. Tie the value of a crypto new buck to the value of a physical new buck. If you make an electronic transfer with the "card" the appropriate loss or gain is automatically handled (tax on gain is taken as part of the transfer and held in escrow with interest paid back to your holding account and goes to the IRS when you say).

Nothing stops businesses from using conventional cash or credit cards. Nobody is going out of business!

Even if *big* companies could handle the .gov choking them out of the banking system, and us peons could handle it too by using cash...
Except Eric Holder's DOJ had it's chance to choke firearms businesses out of the banking system under a complicit presidency, but never really got rolling before Darrell Issa made a stink, Choke Point started taking public flak and was formally shut down under Trump. So now we have a handful of megabanks trying to do somehow do the same without running afoul of Federal law.

Up until Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is repealed, there will always be legit American chartered banks willing to break ranks and work with (at least the biggest) gun companies, there's too much profit in it and minimal liability exposure with PLCAA in effect.

A half dozen major distributors (including RSR Group, Lipsey's, Davidson's) control the bulk of the distributor business, and Gun stores can directly open a line of credit with Davidson's and the like. Now Davidson's still needs some portal into the banking system to get paid, but as long as it's just a cabal of banks like Citi and BofA trying to choke out the gun dealers rather than a Federal agency, they'll be able to find a bank like Wells-Fargo (WFC) who is willing to process their ACH transactions -- Citigroup can't refuse to move money to WFC because WFC isn't ideologically pure enough for Citi's taste.

These are the same people who "believe in 2A", are "avid hunters", and "don't want to take any ones guns away" but just want "common sense".

They straight up lie, and worse, prop up dead kids to justify left-wing Statist Authoritarism.

There must be pro2A banks, credit card companies, use them, cash, or gold.

Sounds like Galt's Gulch.

So we buy up several blocks of those $25 houses in Detroit, form our own community and use the cash there!

Put up walls and gates, raze every other house or even 2 out of 3, build a clinic, fire dept, police dept and schools and tell the city services to stay out.

As a bonus, every citizen is automatically on the police force and benefits from LEOSA.

Cash is king, baby. Cash is king.

There are those in government that would like to eradicate the paper currency in the US. They talk of other lands who are moving in that direction.

Yet we have as many $100 bills as we do $1 bills in circulation. We, as a society, have resisted, despite the movings of Millennials.

The ultimate goal of these "e-currency" freaks is to control our purchases, like above, and give absolute power (or so they think) to the Federal Reserve with regards to our economy.

Remember 9 years ago when many countries had negative interest rates and we never did. We got to ZERO, but never below.

Wanna know why?

Because we have as many $100 bills as $1 bills in circulation. We don't NEED the Fed. And they don't like that. They want the ABILITY to go negative (and delay the inevitable) if the situation warrants.

Yeahnothanks!

Unless government mandates payments over a certain amount to be done via electronic form of payment. They can do that in the name of fighting tax evasion, in the name of the war on terror, they are doing it for the children etc

I wouldn't call FS being in the middle, if anything for a variety of reasons operations like that are more survivable, because they have more
flexibility, and they're not chained to banks for financing etc (which requires scrutiny). It's the guys 3 steps down from FS that would be hit
harder.

-Mike

It's hilarious that they think that any of that BS will stop people from buying and selling guns. (or anything else for that matter). There will always be some kind of currency.

-Mike

It won't stop criminals from buying guns, but it'll sure stop a lot of law-abiding citizens from buying them, which is really the point.

Cashless and gunless(among other things) have been the agenda for the public for years. Just a few years seemed like conspiracy theory to most people.

This is why forward-looking individuals should be buying physical gold/silver and guns.

At some point the government will use some crisis (perhaps a false flag one) to ban cash, and you'll want to own some alternative currency. Gold/silver will likely skyrocket in value when that happens. If they combine it with making gun purchases by credit illegal, gun values will also skyrocket.

Trade your soon-to-be-worthless dollars for PMs while prices are depressed (articial or otherwise).

Credit is a force multiplier. I try to use it where it benefits me most. I used to enjoy using my NRA Visa card before First National Bank ended the program. The NRA has yet to name a replacement lending institution. I plan on using credit over at Universal Coin when I purchase NRA branded gold and silver. Stock up, keep your powder dry.

The problem with the above theory, is that too many people, and more every day, are moving to electronic "cash," and think that money that folds is too inconvenient - you expect them to go back to coins?

I see your point.....but too many will not have any idea of the reasoning behind it, and if it was explained, it would be anathema.

They will understand when we have a crisis where the ATMs and CCs stop working, and they can't even buy a bottle of water cause they have no cash.

Cash is king, baby. Cash is king.

There are those in government that would like to eradicate the paper currency in the US. They talk of other lands who are moving in that direction.

Yet we have as many $100 bills as we do $1 bills in circulation. We, as a society, have resisted, despite the movings of Millennials.

The ultimate goal of these "e-currency" freaks is to control our purchases, like above, and give absolute power (or so they think) to the Federal Reserve with regards to our economy.

Remember 9 years ago when many countries had negative interest rates and we never did. We got to ZERO, but never below.

Wanna know why?

Because we have as many $100 bills as $1 bills in circulation. We don't NEED the Fed. And they don't like that. They want the ABILITY to go negative (and delay the inevitable) if the situation warrants.

Yeahnothanks!

Good point - one of the reasons the government wants to eliminate cash is to allow negative interest rates. Do that now and everyone will just convert their bank accounts to cash.

Of course, when it hits the fan, there will be no free markets, 'cause "fairness."

Look at the uproar when, after a hurricane, water was $20 /case. HORRORS!!!! Oh, wait....that's less than a dollar a bottle, which is cheap, during normal times (buying by the bottle). But, since it was an "emergency" prices had to stay the same.

It won't stop criminals from buying guns, but it'll sure stop a lot of law-abiding citizens from buying them, which is really the point.

I disagree, people who want guns (criminals or not) will still be buying them- that argument is like saying that people won't buy legal pot because you can't use a credit card at a dispensary. [laugh] The gun industry on the front end has largely been cash anyways, most of this stuff is moonbat grandstanding by bankster dbags.

That said- throw in actual government intervention, and that's a whole other ballgame, of course. (like if .gov basically threatens deadly force vs any non-trackable, non electronic currency). Then things start to get very f***y, very fast...

-Mike

I disagree, people who want guns (criminals or not) will still be buying them- that argument is like saying that people won't buy legal pot because you can't use a credit card at a dispensary. [laugh] The gun industry on the front end has largely been cash anyways, most of this stuff is moonbat grandstanding by bankster dbags.

That said- throw in actual government intervention, and that's a whole other ballgame, of course. (like if .gov basically threatens deadly force vs any non-trackable, non electronic currency). Then things start to get very f***y, very fast...

-Mike

I was talking about if the government bans cash AND makes gun purchases illegal via credit, which is obviously the goal.

I was talking about if the government bans cash AND makes gun purchases illegal via credit, which is obviously the goal.

Well in that case then, if that happens, the balloon is untied by then... I'd think that'd be enough of an excuse to make people go full retard.

-Mike

This is why forward-looking individuals should be buying physical gold/silver and guns.

At some point the government will use some crisis (perhaps a false flag one) to ban cash, and you'll want to own some alternative currency. Gold/silver will likely skyrocket in value when that happens. If they combine it with making gun purchases by credit illegal, gun values will also skyrocket.

Trade your soon-to-be-worthless dollars for PMs while prices are depressed (articial or otherwise).
They won't need a false flag to ban cash. This is being done incrementally.

Back
Top Bottom