• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only the presidential election but also the Senate will need to be pro 2A. They approve presidential nominees for the Supreme Court. If the Senate goes anti 2A in the 2016 election it may not matter much
Very true, IF we could pull that off, actual Republic(ans) in the Senate, this would be the best course of action - let them have the pres and take two houses in trade.

The trouble is that few if any of the sammich makers we've sent to DC with "R" on their paws have had the stones to really block such a nominee. Worse yet, some of Bush I and II's appointments are still haunting us.

If you are going to take this path, then Browns, McCains, et al. need to go as well.

If you mean this: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/188/House/H3275

then that bill would remove the word "commercial" from this exemption to sales tax;

Making *all* sales of gun safes and trigger lock devices sales tax free.

I thought that was already the case. Still confused.

It's probably time to start a new thread about new bills for 2015. Could be one or multiple threads, depending how we want to do it.

I would suggest 2 threads, one for bills actually filed and one for brainstorming, that way, we can keep one on topic with updates and discussion, and another for items we would like to see.

Please do that! Then put the link to each back in this post.

I thought that was already the case. Still confused.

I'm not sure what the difference between a commercial safe and a non-commercial one is, other than where you put it.

I'd like to think that the author of that part wanted to make damn sure that *all* gun safes are sales-tax free, no matter what, no exceptions.

If you buy a gun safe from Home Depot or almost any hardware store they will charge the tax on it. Changing the wording of the law would get those retailers to cease that practice.

Harbor Freight just calls them "Digital Executive Safes."
http://www.harborfreight.com/executive-safe-95824.html

The very last sentence in the descriptions, in small print:
"This is not a gun safe and does not meet the safety standards for gun safes."

Those padded notches on the back wall must be for your valuable golf clubs, not rifles.

Yeah, I got f'd at HF. Manager kept insisting its an executive safe, not a gun safe.

Was it big enough to stuff an "executive" in it? [rofl]

A North Korean one maybe,lol.

I kept saying, "What does that mean? Whats an executive safe?" He just talked in circles, insisting its not a gun safe. Wore me down. I was a new shooter who needed a safe, it was on sale, what can I say?[thinking]

A North Korean one maybe,lol.

I kept saying, "What does that mean? Whats an executive safe?" He just talked in circles, insisting its not a gun safe. Wore me down. I was a new shooter who needed a safe, it was on sale, what can I say?[thinking]

My advice is, just buy a "gun" safe. Why put yourself through all that BS?

we need to kill this thread... this is old news.

Yes, it's time for the magic stick (tm).

I agree, it's strayed beyond its original purpose. If someone wants to start a thread braying about getting rid of the mag ban or something, so be it, but this original thing is now an empty beercan because the bill is done and it is what it is; and there are already other threads discussing new provisions etc, of the law that got passed, blah blah blah, so wah lah.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom