• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

And when all the transplants from CA, CO, WA, MA, NY and CT come in. I'm "checking in" at least 10 a week, and that's just my counter.

I cant speak to your numbers but the housing/rental market is shit

Personally I try to have a friendly conversation asking where they fled from and why they left/sold their homes/pulled kids out of school and moved a significant distance.

Quite literally without exception so far they all fled because of covid tyranny, high taxes, crap schools......the list of progressive faiilures goes on..

At some point I ask them what they're going to do to prevent NH from turning into the hole they fled....

So far, every blown in near me that I spoken with has come to the conclusion on their own that they're not voting for dems long before we ever had a conversation about it.

But I dont live in Nashua/Concord/Portsmouth/Hanover........

Our problem in NH isnt like minded people.....its getting them to turn out to vote and counter the above small cities agendas

They need 51 votes to kill the filibuster to get this through the Senate with a simple majority, which they don't have.

Then they would need all 50 Democrats, plus Kamala, to pass it. (All 50 Republicans are against a ban) They don't have that either.
I would not count on it. They all have their price.

They'll do what they think they have to do, then they'll suffer the consequences of their actions from 100,000,000 people who aren't going to tolerate their actions.
Be prepared.
Fat chance.

15 Senate RINOS signed up for the federal red flag law after 4 mass shootings because they were afraid CNN might say mean things about them.

It wouldn’t take much for these same jellyfish to turn again.

I didn't think the "Federal Extreme Risk Prevention Act" (HR 2377) ever made it to the Senate floor, but your point about the fifteen senators does apply to the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act" (S 2938).

And one of those fifteen, Mitch McConnell, diverted funding from possible senate majority making candidates so he could get Lisa Murkowski, another of those fifteen, reelected over a conservative Republican.

🐯

Our problem in NH isnt like minded people.....its getting them to turn out to vote and counter the above small cities agendas
I live in MA but was seeing a girl in NH on and off for about a decade. Between her, her friends and acquaintances, and her kids and their friends, my personal opinion is NH's biggest problem politically isnt people from MA or NY, its people born and raised in NH. For every liberal voter who moved in from out of state, there are probably 10 born and raised in NH. Every person that I know who moved to NH has either been apolitical or has moved there specifically to escape MA politics and the steady societal drift left. Just one guys experience, but it makes me shake my head when I hear guys blaming NH's problems on people migrating there.

We’re supposed to bow down to this idiot because he has a pro2A tattoo and he says the ar is really fun to shoot?

He’s an idiot.

And he iss aaa an idiot for getting a pro 2A tattoo because he obviously had no idea what The Second Amendment is about.

If he has a wife he more than likely watches as real men pleasure her.

We’re supposed to bow down to this idiot because he has a pro2A tattoo and he says the ar is really fun to shoot?

He’s an idiot.

And he iss aaa an idiot for getting a pro 2A tattoo because he obviously had no idea what The Second Amendment is about.

You'd be surprised how many gun owners tout the line 'no one needs a semi automatic assault weapon to kill a deer'

I didn't think the "Federal Extreme Risk Prevention Act" (HR 2377) ever made it to the Senate floor, but your point about the fifteen senators does apply to the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act" (S 2938).

And one of those fifteen, Mitch McConnell, diverted funding from possible senate majority making candidates so he could get Lisa Murkowski, another of those fifteen, reelected over a conservative Republican.

🐯
The “gun violence law” was passed by the Senate with the help of 15 RINOS and Biden signed it into law on June 25, 2022.

Highlights of bipartisan gun violence bill OK'd by Senate | AP News

Do not fall for Biden’s comments on gun control this Thanksgiving. It is all a distraction from what was really going on yesterday….

He was on Nantucket handing out turkeys…
WHO THE HELL NEEDS A FREE TURKEY ON NANTUCKET?!!!! 🤔🤔🤔
Photo Op! A turkey handing out turkeys.

He’s an idiot.

F_in idiot just made a unregistered SBR![rofl2]
I hope the ATF sees this video and arrest him for his stupidity![smile]
Screw this libral sh_t bag, sheep herder!
What communist fudd!! I support the second, but...
Please cut off your dick off so it doesn't rape anyone or reproduce more libtards such as yourself!
What a pussy, your man card has been revoked!

Last edited:
I live in MA but was seeing a girl in NH on and off for about a decade. Between her, her friends and acquaintances, and her kids and their friends, my personal opinion is NH's biggest problem politically isnt people from MA or NY, its people born and raised in NH. For every liberal voter who moved in from out of state, there are probably 10 born and raised in NH. Every person that I know who moved to NH has either been apolitical or has moved there specifically to escape MA politics and the steady societal drift left. Just one guys experience, but it makes me shake my head when I hear guys blaming NH's problems on people migrating there.

No question that NH has its own home grown issue.....we're beaten that fact to death multiple times.

We have entire generations of people born to republican leaning/fiscally sane parents that go off to college and come back a brain cell short of a synapse.....its been going on since the early 70's and before.

On top of that we not only had a significant number of people outright move to NH and buy/rent homes but huge numbers of people that moved into vacation homes they owned and make NH their primary residences

In a state where elections are regularly decided by sing;e/double digits this can swing elections......IF we're not enguaging with folks and getting their critical thinking skills going THEN we will lose some subset of elections unnecessarily.

Dont even start on the students who are paying out of state tuition and vote as residents......

The top dem the party just chose to replace Shurtleff raised 1.6 million dollars to elect dems in the NH this year

What did the top republican in the NHGOP raise? $600k.......and where did most of that money go? To sununu first and foremost.....

Chew down on that.....a dem running for the NH house raised 1.6 million to get other dems elected to the NH house......and the NHGOP did what?

Last edited:
Le Reddit democrat army realizing AWB chances are slim to none.

"My dear fellow Democrats, this is just posturing. If we want to reduce violence, steeply and permanently, then
End the war on drugs
Reform this horrifying prison system, which is just an academy for psychopathic violence
Free health care for all, including mental health and meds
Address the fact that there is a permanent underclass who won't play by society's rules because those rules are designed to make sure they fail
Those will show results, but they require us to do the heavy lifting. An AWB is not politically possible and it wouldn't move the needle.on violence anyway, it's just performative. Let's be grownups and live in the real world and accomplish what we can rather than what we can't."

The “gun violence law” was passed by the Senate with the help of 15 RINOS and Biden signed it into law on June 25, 2022.

Highlights of bipartisan gun violence bill OK'd by Senate | AP News

Yes, as I noted the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act" (S2938). It did include funds earmarked as incentives for states that would enact their own red flag laws, but it is not a "Federal red flag law."

That would describe HR2377 which died in committee when it went to the Senate. However I am sure the same fifteen dickheads would have sign onto that had it come up for a vote in the Senate, so it is a point without distinction.

Your core thought I assume was that there may well be enough rhinos to pass a new AWB. I agree and figure that's not too hard of a cypher to crack. What is a far bit more unfathomable is whether the current SCOTUS makeup would then rule it unconstitutional or let it stand (for the children or some such drivel)

🐯

I cant speak to your numbers but the housing/rental market is shit

Personally I try to have a friendly conversation asking where they fled from and why they left/sold their homes/pulled kids out of school and moved a significant distance.

Quite literally without exception so far they all fled because of covid tyranny, high taxes, crap schools......the list of progressive faiilures goes on..

At some point I ask them what they're going to do to prevent NH from turning into the hole they fled....

So far, every blown in near me that I spoken with has come to the conclusion on their own that they're not voting for dems long before we ever had a conversation about it.

But I dont live in Nashua/Concord/Portsmouth/Hanover........

Some are coming for work. A number have come because there is a contract at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard for construction. A lot of others mention "Oh, I always wanted to come to New England. It's beautiful here." Others have mentioned that they are coming because "It's cheaper to live here" while being clueless to the fact that policies they supported "back home" are what caused those high taxes/prices. Meanwhile, as they snap up "cheap" houses and apartments, they push out those of us who are working and stuggling to get by. They come in with leases/mortgages from $1,800 to $2,700. I'm stuggling with a lesser rent amount and that's while even doing some OT.

Bro, he already voted for it and it passed the house. Did you even read the thread?
Yes I know, it's a wet dream for Dems, but he just stupidly doubled down on Fox.

It's nothing but virtue signaling and pandering to their Leftist base, just like Dementia Joe using the Nantucket FD as a backdrop for his little speech calling for an AWB. Imagine being one of firemen being used as a prop?

Joey also recently stated he got the tuition relief bill thru the Legislature which was false. If the reporter wasn't a Leftist he would have called him on it.

Last edited:
Passage would doubtless be the quickest route to a subsequent SCOTUS showdown.

Will there ever be a SCOTUS makeup more favorable to striking down an AWB as unconstitutional? (serious question as not sure they are currently)

Who says pass it now and either it will be struck down or we can get on with the noncompliance?

🐯

I survived the Clinton AWB and bought AR's.
I've bought AR's since Maura's AR Ban.
Ask an anti what an Assault Weapon is and they get stupid and start blurting out nonsense about "Weapons of War".
We need to have the Supreme Court rule an AWB is illegal or this shit will be constantly revived by the Left every time there's mass shooting even if the shooter uses a handgun.

Passage would doubtless be the quickest route to a subsequent SCOTUS showdown.

Will there ever be a SCOTUS makeup more favorable to striking down an AWB as unconstitutional? (serious question as not sure they are currently)

Who says pass it now and either it will be struck down or we can get on with the noncompliance?

🐯
Yup. Sooner the better

From the Clinton news network just posted, even the libs know it’s not going to pass.

CNN —
Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut said Senate Democrats don’t have the 60 votes needed to advance an assault weapons ban bill but expressed optimism on CNN’s “State of the Union” that something could get done in the next Congress if Democrats keep their seat in Georgia.

“I’m glad that President (Joe) Biden is gonna be pushing us to take a vote on an assault weapons ban,” he told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday morning. “The House has already passed it. It’s sitting in front of the Senate. Does it have 60 votes in the Senate right now? Probably not. But let’s see if we can try to get that number is close to 60 as possible. If we don’t have the votes, then we’ll talk to [Senate Majority Leader Chuck] Schumer and maybe come back next year, with maybe an additional senator, and see if we can do better.”

Murphy also said there needs to be a conversation in the US Senate about funding law enforcement in counties that are refusing to enforce state and national gun laws.

“They have decided that they are going to essentially refuse to implement laws that are on the books. That is a growing problem in this country,” he said. “And I think we’re gonna have to have a conversation about that in the United States Senate. Do we want to continue to supply funding to law enforcement in counties that refuse to implement state and federal gun laws?”

He added: “I’ll talk to my colleagues about what our approach should be to this problem. But 60% of counties in this country are refusing to implement the nation’s gun laws, we’ve got to do something about that.”

A recent shooting at an LGBTQ club in Colorado Springs, Colorado, involved an assault-style weapon and a handgun, while officials said the shooter at a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia, last week was armed with a handgun and multiple magazines.

Democratic Gov. Jared Polis of Colorado was pressed in two separate interviews Sunday about a total ban on assault style weapons, telling both NBC and CBS that a variety of factors go into his thinking on the issue.

“I think all of these things, including the red flag law and expanding its use, should really be looked at,” Polis told NBC.

“We learn from each instance, but you also have to look at all of the causes,” he said in his interview with CBS. “We also need to pursue the mental health aspect of this and other shooting incidences.”

Asked by NBC about Colorado’s red flag law and its role in the recent mass shooting, Polis said: “This looks like this would have been a good instance for the use of Colorado’s new red flag law, which has been used several hundred times but could have been used even more to prevent these kinds of tragic events or more often to prevent self-harm or suicide.”

Colorado passed its red flag law in 2019, which is intended to temporarily prevent an individual in crisis from accessing firearms through a court order, triggered by the individual’s family, a member of their household or a law enforcement officer. While it’s still unclear whether a red flag law was triggered by the shooter’s past incident of a bomb threat in 2021, Polis told CBS: “I’m sure what will be looked into is, ‘Why wasn’t it pursued?’”

Congress returns this week with a jam-packed to-do list in the lame duck session, focused primarily on the must-pass government funding bill, as well as other priorities. But any action on gun legislation – particularly the assault weapons ban Biden has repeatedly called for – does not have the votes to pass. And the reality of a divided Congress in next year’s session makes it highly unlikely that anything will pass over the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom