• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

So I should buy ten more lowers this week?
Wondering if this is a GREAT or a HORRIBLE idea.

Great, if things happen, and these get grandfathered in. You'll be sitting on some potential money if they can be sold, sitting on some inventory if they can't be sold. Horrible, if they are declared as assault weapons and become useless boat anchors that you can't use or unload.

Great, if things happen, and these get grandfathered in. You'll be sitting on some potential money if they can be sold, sitting on some inventory if they can't be sold. Horrible, if they are declared as assault weapons and become useless boat anchors that you can't use or unload.
If that happens, we need to be investing in gasoline to burn their houses down.

Lol if you're thinking this way you're already lost.

Caring about nickel diming some lowers = wtflol..... 🤣

Meh, rather have and not need than need and not have.

If that happens, we need to be investing in gasoline to burn their houses down.
By that, you mean that they pass an AWB?

Lol if you're thinking this way you're already lost.

Caring about nickel diming some lowers = wtflol..... 🤣
Not so much flinting, but there are multiple 2A ways to spend money. If we knew the future, there could be potential there, or at least potential to avoid wasting money. Why stick yourself with something that might have no legal use or value going forward? Better alternative is, get it while you can? Then what?

Meh, rather have and not need than need and not have.
True enough. See last line, above.

Not so much flinting, but there are multiple 2A ways to spend money. If we knew the future, there could be potential there, or at least potential to avoid wasting money. Why stick yourself with something that might have no legal use or value going forward? Better alternative is, get it while you can? Then what?

Nothing is a waste unless your plan is to bend over.

Further, this isn't life changing money here. My guns aren't even worth that much. Grinding ones teeth over "but wut if it becums eweeegul?" Is just a poor mindset.

Nothing is a waste unless your plan is to bend over.

Further, this isn't life changing money here. My guns aren't even worth that much. Grinding ones teeth over "but wut if it becums eweeegul?" Is just a poor mindset.
Let's do some basic math here. Let's say lowers are $45.
Buy 10 for $450.
You now have $450 into it.
If all the Bruen stuff makes the price come (stay) down, and everything is cool as far as legality, you now have 10 lowers at a reasonable price, end of story.
If some sort of AWB happens, and these are grandfathered, you have made what some would call a good investment, maybe triple or quadruple the amount you "invested". You could probably at least triple what you paid, if they are able to be sold.
If they are not able to be sold, you still have that initial investment.
Now, let's say they decide to confiscate or disallow anyone to build those out. You are now out $450, and have a bunch of useless aluminum laying around, unless they get confiscated. Now you have $0, unless they decide to reimburse you.
Not talking about right or wrong, "come and take them" versus not, or any other factor on these other than monetary.

Let's do some basic math here. Let's say lowers are $45.
Buy 10 for $450.
You now have $450 into it.
If all the Bruen stuff makes the price come (stay) down, and everything is cool as far as legality, you now have 10 lowers at a reasonable price, end of story.
If some sort of AWB happens, and these are grandfathered, you have made what some would call a good investment, maybe triple or quadruple the amount you "invested". You could probably at least triple what you paid, if they are able to be sold.
If they are not able to be sold, you still have that initial investment.
Now, let's say they decide to confiscate or disallow anyone to build those out. You are now out $450, and have a bunch of useless aluminum laying around, unless they get confiscated. Now you have $0, unless they decide to reimburse you.
Not talking about right or wrong, "come and take them" versus not, or any other factor on these other than monetary.
That's all Nickel Dime horseshit and it isn't life changing money.... you're basically talking about the financial equivalent of noise..... even if you have $30,000 worth of guns that's not really a lot of money anymore dude..... (in the grand scheme of things)

That's all Nickel Dime horseshit and it isn't life changing money.... you're basically talking about the financial equivalent of noise..... even if you have $30,000 worth of guns that's not really a lot of money anymore dude.....
I’m getting there… Biden threatened earlier this year and I’m not calling his bluff.

This time it might make it.

@Coyote33 to put things in perspective I had a bunch of that "pweeban" stuff the flippers fornicate over. Had I sold it at its peak value instead of when I had to sell it, id maybe have another 5 grand in my hand. That would have been really nice, if I had that choice but its not the end of the world.

Honestly on a personal level I'd rather have 90% of the guns back than even a dime of the money. I had to sell that stuff at the time out of necessity and duress .

If you want to make money with guns get an FFL and start getting in the trenches, then you can make money... on volume, not flash in the pan "scare" legislation etc. There are better (more consistent) ways to make money in the gun industry than crossing your fingers and only gambling on panics.

Back
Top Bottom