House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

Meh, this is no big deal.

I still got my job, NFL season is right around the corner and my morning coffee routine which consists of driving my new Ford Maverick to Dunks hasn't changed.

FFS, life is good. What y'all derpin' at?

Meh, this is no big deal.

I still got my job, NFL season is right around the corner and my morning coffee routine which consists of driving my new Ford Maverick to Dunks hasn't changed.

FFS, life is good. What y'all derpin' at?

And there it is folks. Most Americans feel this way and don't give a shit unless they lose their job and streaming services.

He outta get together with that Greta kid, what a genetic experiment that would make.
There will be no war between citizens and government. I can guarantee you, as one who was ages ago trained on this exact activity, you stand no chance at all when a squad will come down to your property to end you.

It would be a chance if towns figured it out how to make up militias and have some sort of a coordinated collective defense, but, this government here is too smart to allow that to happen. The trap is set, players assigned, legalities sorted out, so, it is only a matter of time now for DHS and DOJ to strike. And no one will be able to do nothing.
It's not a question of whether you win or lose , it's a question of how many come with you on the trip.

One untrained mental defective literally had a battalion cowering and crapping their pants for over an hour
One semi trained individual brought a major U.S. city to it's knees for a while and the brave boys in blue were shooting up newspaper ladies they were so pissing themselves scared.

I don't think they have thought this through very well.

The author:

ABOUT​

Andrew Brinker is an intern on the Globe’s Business team. He previously worked as a weekend correspondent for the metro section and as a co-op on the Express Desk, writing about crime, climate change, and everything in between. Andrew is a senior at Emerson College.

An Emerson high school college student (and Glob DimocRAT intern) who writes about climate change. Yep, that's my kind of solid, unbiased news source! 🤣

Auchincloss was a good Marine while he was in, he was an infantry/line officer and later joined the Reconnaissance community. I knew him when I was in and we both came up through the Boston OSO pool. Likable guy and did his job. I’d say refrain from ad hominem attacks on his service record because they are off base.

All that said, TPNES strongly disagrees with the politic/stances he has since he got out. Left or right of the aisle, your service record should speak for itself but not be used to lend credence to your personal opinions becoming national policy. Rhetorically crucify his track record as a representative all day long.
Meh, he's still a faggot for helping destroy liberty.

Auchincloss was a good Marine while he was in, he was an infantry/line officer and later joined the Reconnaissance community. I knew him when I was in and we both came up through the Boston OSO pool. Likable guy and did his job. I’d say refrain from ad hominem attacks on his service record because they are off base.

All that said, TPNES strongly disagrees with the politic/stances he has since he got out. Left or right of the aisle, your service record should speak for itself but not be used to lend credence to your personal opinions becoming national policy. Rhetorically crucify his track record as a representative all day long.
Good to know, though I'm a little surprised that he was infantry/line with such a political stance. Any comment made by me wasn't so much of a slam on his service record- just an opinion that his background and current political leanings don't really point to 'line'. Judging by his background, he must be extremely intelligent. Combine that with a favorable personality and he could go far if his political stance were more moderate. He doubles-down hard on all the positions that cater to his leftist district, including impeachment of Trump for treason, high crimes, and misdemeanors.

Someone didn't just flip a switch on him once he was discharged.
Some people are just better at hiding the fact they were an A-hole all along.
In fact many sociopaths are very charming right up till they go all Hannibal Lecter on your ass.

Someone didn't just flip a switch on him once he was discharged.

I have posted about him before. He came home and forgot he was a Marine.

Recognize any names and affiliates?

Jacob Daniel Auchincloss was born in Newton, Massachusetts, to Laurie Glimcher and Hugh Auchincloss. Both of his parents are physician-scientists;[2] his mother is President and CEO of Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and his father serves as Deputy Director to Anthony Fauci at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).

There will be no war between citizens and government. I can guarantee you, as one who was ages ago trained on this exact activity, you stand no chance at all when a squad will come down to your property to end you.

It would be a chance if towns figured it out how to make up militias and have some sort of a coordinated collective defense, but, this government here is too smart to allow that to happen. The trap is set, players assigned, legalities sorted out, so, it is only a matter of time now for DHS and DOJ to strike. And no one will be able to do nothing.
I don't know where you were trained, but the Marine Corps showed us time and time again what a single motivated Marine with a rifle can do. History has shown repeatedly that an armed citizenry can be formidable.

Who committed treason while a commissioned officer. What I said stands, Auchincloss was a good Marine, period. What he’s done after I take issue with. Mutually exclusive statements, same with Seth Moulton.
Hmmm...I thought once a Marine, always a Marine.

TPNES is starting to think someone’s a little butthurt because he spent his time in giving ferry rides to the ground pounders.
Not sure why you would think that...I was in Naval Aviation and we had Marine air detachments on the carriers I was on...great bunch of guys.

Jacob Daniel Auchincloss was born in Newton, Massachusetts, to Laurie Glimcher and Hugh Auchincloss. Both of his parents are physician-scientists;[2] his mother is President and CEO of Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and his father serves as Deputy Director to Anthony Fauci at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
Interesting.
Very interesting.

Interesting MSNBC (yeah I know) piece about the last Senate passed Assault Weapons Ban in 1994.

————
“The original ban was championed in the Senate by Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, who pushed the policy as an amendment to a larger criminal justice package. On Nov. 17, 1993, it passed 56 to 43, fueled in part by 10 Republican votes.

Some readers are probably thinking, “Wait, how could the measure have passed with only 56 votes? Didn’t it need 60?” The answer is, no, it didn’t need 60 — and therein lies the point of this stroll down memory lane.

In 2022, filibusters requiring supermajorities are the norm for every bill in which the tactic can be applied, but what often goes overlooked, even by some sitting senators who apparently don’t know better, is that the Senate didn’t used to work this way. The routinization of the 60-vote threshold is a modern invention wholly at odds with the institution’s historical norms.

Indeed, Feinstein’s assault weapons ban was approved by a simple majority because it wasn’t filibustered. As recently as 1994, most bills were considered on majority-rule votes.

Consider the relevant data: In the first two years of Clinton’s presidency, there were 46 cloture votes — and by historical standards up until that time, that was a fairly large number. So far in the current Congress — which still has several months remaining — there have been 262 cloture votes.

Taking a look back at the way in which the original assault weapons ban passed is like looking through a window at an unrecognizable political landscape: Not only were there 10 Republican senators willing to help pass a worthwhile gun bill intended to save lives, but the Senate itself was willing to consider the legislation as if were still a majority-rule institution.

When opponents of Senate reforms insist that the status quo must be maintained, it’s important to remember that they’re protecting abuses, not norms. The current system too often fails to meet the nation’s needs, not because of design flaws in the Senate, but because the Senate itself no longer resembles the chamber it once was.”

Last edited:
For the AR10 discussion. One option, like any AR, get your lower, figure the rest out later. For free state folks anyway.

Aero stuff is gtg and available. 2 choices, about $175 get a stripped lower. If you don't want to assemble then for $315 get your assembled version. Honestly isn't much different $$ wise, but I'd be upgrading the trigger right away and the stock if you get a model with a shitty one. But those mil spec parts are cheap, so you really are only wasting like $40 if you buy a pre assembled version.

Same options available when it comes time for an upper, stripped or assembled, in a bunch of versions.

Meh — while I still get mildly hot and bothered over Marines lying about the “weapons of war” we used and pretending they are AR-15s, as I continue a career in the .mil, I am less impressed by the folks who can’t let a 4 year year footnote in their life go.

You’re a f***ing liar if you were a grunt and pretend that an AR is the same thing as the various actual “weapons of war” an infantry battalion has at its disposal. So is an M9 by that logic. I’m sure that dude served admirably, bravely, and honorably. Doesn’t make him less of a piece of shit now. I have friends whose politics I disagree on — I don’t really care. I don’t know that we would keep hanging out if they were in congress actively working to dismantle our rights, especially if leveraging lies based on a shared past.

I'm going with a Daniel Defense DD5 v3 (308, 16-inch): Daniel Defense, AR-10, DD5 V3, 7.62 | Daniel Defense

Great reviews on it, found it locally at a MA FFL who is on here and is going to do the MA-compliant work including fixing the stock at my choice of position and adding an Aero muzzle device to help manage recoil. Going with a Mepro 21 red dot + illuminator + magnifier option for glass.

Amazon product ASIN B08LK7FBY8View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LK7FBY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon product ASIN B08HZHD621View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HZHD621/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon product ASIN B078HY5357View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HY5357/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That’s exactly what I have on may Tavor. They all work quite well together. Though, since I’ve had my cataract surgery, I’ve not needed the illuminator near as much.

If you really want to get something, you should get a couple of 80% frame/receivers ( AR15, AR10 and G19). Pay cash for them, the LPKs and whatever uppers you want. At this point, even those in free states should have a few guns that don’t have a 4473 or even a credit card associated with them.

So he bull shitted his way through the Corps, Knew nothing about firearms until one was put in his hands and then indoctrinated. Typical F**KING RING KNOCKER!!!!

Interesting MSNBC (yeah I know) piece about the last Senate passed Assault Weapons Ban in 1994.

————
“The original ban was championed in the Senate by Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, who pushed the policy as an amendment to a larger criminal justice package. On Nov. 17, 1993, it passed 56 to 43, fueled in part by 10 Republican votes.

Some readers are probably thinking, “Wait, how could the measure have passed with only 56 votes? Didn’t it need 60?” The answer is, no, it didn’t need 60 — and therein lies the point of this stroll down memory lane.

In 2022, filibusters requiring supermajorities are the norm for every bill in which the tactic can be applied, but what often goes overlooked, even by some sitting senators who apparently don’t know better, is that the Senate didn’t used to work this way. The routinization of the 60-vote threshold is a modern invention wholly at odds with the institution’s historical norms.

Indeed, Feinstein’s assault weapons ban was approved by a simple majority because it wasn’t filibustered. As recently as 1994, most bills were considered on majority-rule votes.

Consider the relevant data: In the first two years of Clinton’s presidency, there were 46 cloture votes — and by historical standards up until that time, that was a fairly large number. So far in the current Congress — which still has several months remaining — there have been 262 cloture votes.

Taking a look back at the way in which the original assault weapons ban passed is like looking through a window at an unrecognizable political landscape: Not only were there 10 Republican senators willing to help pass a worthwhile gun bill intended to save lives, but the Senate itself was willing to consider the legislation as if were still a majority-rule institution.

When opponents of Senate reforms insist that the status quo must be maintained, it’s important to remember that they’re protecting abuses, not norms. The current system too often fails to meet the nation’s needs, not because of design flaws in the Senate, but because the Senate itself no longer resembles the chamber it once was.”

Funny how it doesn’t mention that the democrats are the only reason we have a filibuster. They only like it when it works in their favor, apparently.

Meh — while I still get mildly hot and bothered over Marines lying about the “weapons of war” we used and pretending they are AR-15s, as I continue a career in the .mil, I am less impressed by the folks who can’t let a 4 year year footnote in their life go.

You’re a f***ing liar if you were a grunt and pretend that an AR is the same thing as the various actual “weapons of war” an infantry battalion has at its disposal. So is an M9 by that logic. I’m sure that dude served admirably, bravely, and honorably. Doesn’t make him less of a piece of shit now. I have friends whose politics I disagree on — I don’t really care. I don’t know that we would keep hanging out if they were in congress actively working to dismantle our rights, especially if leveraging lies based on a shared past.

I've met and known lots of military folks, and I'm sure you know more - I've never met one who was not extremely pro 2A. Where these types come from who aren't is perplexing, I honestly think they are just liars who don't believe in squat other than getting noticed or furthering their career.

Yes I have heard some dumb shit referenced relating to say some shooting, like "Everyone should be required to take training" - basically someone beating their own chest (as if training helps deter a school shooter). Never once a negative peep about civilian gun ownership though.

Back
Top Bottom