House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

If I'm reading this correctly:

‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment..."

...any standard capacity magazines in your possession when (and if) this becomes law, would be grandfathered. Therefore, if you don't already have all the standard capacity magazines in your possession that you think you'll need over your lifetime, you may want to consider stocking up now.

...but again, that's just my interpretation. YMMV

Frank

We all know this is just step one (provided it passes in the senate of course). Even if it fails they will be back again trying to ban weapons...only a matter of time.

Later down the line they will split the pie again and take the rest of it as "common sense gun control."

They know they can't take it all in one gulp.

The stupid thing as this is retaliation for what the supreme courts been doing. I just hope it gets bitch slap down in the next 10 years..

And They’ll still keep coming… Then it’ll come down to individuals sitting in jail waiting. You have to find it till the end or else just conceed you’re right.

On the positive side.. it’s possible the USA won’t be around in 10 years… It definitely won’t be around the way it used to be

If this was to pass and someone has say 2 builds. One tested and now needs to be ef10’d. one not finished and 3 other lowers. All on 4473’s. Can those be finished? Or would those be banned?

If this was to pass and someone has say 2 builds. One tested and now needs to be ef10’d. one not finished and 3 other lowers. All on 4473’s. Can those be finished? Or would those be banned?
The feds don't care about FA10s. To them, you owned two firearms the moment they transferred.

Well all we have to do is wait, and see how many Senators sold their soul to the devil.
I would love for the Republicans to let this go to vote while using their time at the podium to recite why the bill is unconstitutional and anyone who votes to pass it is an enemy of the state.

Then it gets struck by SCOTUS and every AWB goes down hard.

If I'm reading this correctly:

‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment..."

...any standard capacity magazines in your possession when (and if) this becomes law, would be grandfathered. Therefore, if you don't already have all the standard capacity magazines in your possession that you think you'll need over your lifetime, you may want to consider stocking up now.

...but again, that's just my interpretation. YMMV

Frank

This makes such guns valueless, because they could not be sold. Nobody would buy a gun that could not be fired.

Since the magazines cannot be transferred, the buyer would get only the gun.

You failed at efa10. Sorry.

What they don’t know won’t hurt them. It will only hurt you in the long term.

If you are looking for something functional and reliable, and don't need to 'flex on the poors', get or build an Aero M5. They sell complete uppers and lowers too. If it matters to you, IIRC direct sale to Mass is an issue but they have distributors who will ship to Mass. If I didn't care about budget, I'd just get a rifle from JP.

Agree - Aero M5s are good to go out of the box. Have 4 of them. All the parts work well.

Suggestions for the other guy..

Eventually an adjustable gas block is nice to have on AR10-ish things. My M5s were all super reliable out of the gate but one became over gassed and occasionally started producing a bad-luck-bounce-back-in sorta jam at about 3000 rounds. Solved via heavy buffer spring (sprinco orange) then later I went to a JP adjustable block, a criterion barrel, and stock Aero buffer spring - it purrs and is very accurate.

Don't overlook a 16 inch AR10ish carbine with a small/light optic or irons. It's nice having all that power in a small form - they are heavy, doesn't take much beyond a 16 inch barrel to end up with what is only good as a bench rifle. It's eye opening what .308/7.62nato does to concrete compared to say 5.56 or 7.62 Russian.

Aero barrels work fine but are hit or miss accuracy wise and my gut is they don't wear well. I've got a melonite 20 inch 5R .308 barrel on one from them that's absolutely < 1 MOA, a great barrel, but that's an exception, possibly something low production they put extra effort into, and not a high round count blaster. Other 5.56 and .308 barrels not so good, and worse with wear. I used a BA/Aero barrel for an AR9, a non consideration for that, but never pick them for anything else I assemble - Faxon, Criterion, FN, others, all better options.

Agree - Aero M5s are good to go out of the box. Have 4 of them. All the parts work well.

Suggestions for the other guy..

Eventually an adjustable gas block is nice to have on AR10-ish things. My M5s were all super reliable out of the gate but one became over gassed and occasionally started producing a bad-luck-bounce-back-in sorta jam at about 3000 rounds. Solved via heavy buffer spring (sprinco orange) then later I went to a JP adjustable block, a criterion barrel, and stock Aero buffer spring - it purrs and is very accurate.

Don't overlook a 16 inch AR10ish carbine with a small/light optic or irons. It's nice having all that power in a small form - they are heavy, doesn't take much beyond a 16 inch barrel to end up with what is only good as a bench rifle. It's eye opening what .308/7.62nato does to concrete compared to say 5.56 or 7.62 Russian.

Aero barrels work fine but are hit or miss accuracy wise and my gut is they don't wear well. I've got a melonite 20 inch 5R .308 barrel on one from them that's absolutely < 1 MOA, a great barrel, but that's an exception, possibly something low production they put extra effort into, and not a high round count blaster. Other 5.56 and .308 barrels not so good, and worse with wear. I used a BA/Aero barrel for an AR9, a non consideration for that, but never pick them for anything else I assemble - Faxon, Criterion, FN, others, all better options.
aero barrels are all ballistic advantage - so, yeah, some of them are just more equal than others.
the bitch is to make sure the gun cycles well on both light grain - like 149gr and lower 7.62 ammo and also cycles well on heavy 175gr+ 308 ammo. for that i think the carbine gas would be more reliable than a longer rifle length gas, but the current 20" 308 BA barrel in rifle gas seems to be cycling fine. the 308 faxon in rifle length would not. an adjustable gas block here would also probably need a drilled out gas port - overall too much hassle.

Personally I could care less about this bill. It is so obviously against the previous SCOTUS rulings that immediate injunctive relief would be requested and granted in a 2nd Amendment friendly court and, since it is a Federal law, it would be fairly quickly ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS. I think this bill is just smoke to cover the really frightening bill that was just reported out of committee on 07/26/2022: H.R.2814 - Equal Access to Justice for Victims of Gun Violence Act of 2022. According to the bill’s summary:

This bill removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers and the disclosure of gun trace data in civil actions.

Specifically, the bill repeals the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which prohibits civil actions against a firearm or ammunition manufacturer, seller, importer, dealer, or trade association for damages resulting from the criminal or unlawful misuse of a firearm.

Additionally, the bill states that firearms trace data maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is not immune from legal process. Such data is subject to discovery; is admissible as evidence; and may be used, relied on, or disclosed in a civil action or administrative proceeding.

This would allow the Bloomberg’s of the world to fund suing the gun industry out of existence with frivolous law suits. Remember, they don’t have to win the suits, just bleed the defendants dry with legal costs.

This question only requires an answer if ones GAS about that stuff
This. I’m not advocating you break the law and not “register” the AR (assuming it’s ARs you’re talking about) but at some point, gun owners in MA might ask themselves if it really matters or if you should give a shit as pastera said.

Last edited:
“The legislation, titled the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022, cleared the chamber in a 217-213 vote.

Republican Reps. Chris Jacobs (R-N.Y.) and Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) supported the measure, while Democratic Reps. Henry Cuellar (Texas), Jared Golden (Maine), Vicente Gonzalez (Texas), Kurt Schrader (Ore.) and Ron Kind (D-Wisc.) voted “no.”
Well, at least they named it correctly. I'd assume it would be the Assault Weapon Freedom Act.

Freedom from assault weapons.

I'm too 'meh' to read all that. Is this a 50+1 vote to get past the senate or a 60 vote to pass?

51, I'm 'kinda' concerned. Too many democrats won't vote, but I fear a couple RINOs would. If Camelface gets to cast the deciding vote, it could get interesting.

Another replay of what is fast becoming their favorite tactic. This morning I read somewhere that they weren’t going to call it for a vote and all of a sudden in the 9th hour all of a sudden it’s there for a vote. Just like the amendment to the IT spending bill here in Mass. it came out of nowhere.

How can we stop or prevent this bullshit surprise tactic??????
You know what? I almost hope it passes, as someone else said, this gets overturned and I'll be donating to EVERYONE until it hurts to make that happen. I don't know how you'd rewrite this to get around a SCOTUS decision on this bill.

Spamming every commie gun grabber I come across with this today. Pass it on.

bs10rUV.png

🐯

aero barrels are all ballistic advantage - so, yeah, some of them are just more equal than others.
the bitch is to make sure the gun cycles well on both light grain - like 149gr and lower 7.62 ammo and also cycles well on heavy 175gr+ 308 ammo. for that i think the carbine gas would be more reliable than a longer rifle length gas, but the current 20" 308 BA barrel in rifle gas seems to be cycling fine. the 308 faxon in rifle length would not. an adjustable gas block here would also probably need a drilled out gas port - overall too much hassle.

I haven't had to drill anything out with mid and rifle length gas. If anything these tend to be over gassed, which I suspect is to make it so undercharged 7.62 nato will run well - then a lot of us will run hotter .308. The gas port on a block does tend to be larger than the port on the barrel anyway, as otherwise it'd be too hard to line them up perfectly - notably larger by eye.

My 20 inch .308, rifle gas, has a fixed gas block and will run whatever, but some heavier projectiles in 7.62 sure do flop out slowly - but I don't recall it ever jamming. If it did I'd probably go lighter buffer spring and an adjustable block - let that bolt fly like the wind but turn down the juice so it's not horribly bottoming out.

Note: A related story. The M&P10, which is an awfully nice rifle in all aspects, although I wish they just followed the "specs" like say Aero does (ie has a different, smaller, port and tube with a BCG to match). Gets a really bad wrap for reliability. I read and have noted (own one of these too) they tuned them, tested them, on .308. If you load up some cheap 7.62 nato you may find they won't reliability cycle it - stuff like failing to pickup the next round or trying to chamber it off the middle of the case and jamming. I think this was a stupid move by S&W, however I think it goes back to the fact it's just hard to make a rifle that works well across the whole spectrum of undercharged 7.62 up to hot .308, and then all the potential weights sure as well. The civilian (and better) variant of this ammo is .308 after all.

Standard 30 round capacity D&H aluminum AR15 magazines on PSA for 9.99 and free shipping for 5 or more if anyone wants to raise your middle finger to Congress right now. PMags are 12 and change with the same shipping deal.

Back
Top Bottom