House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

The difference might be, that particular 5R Aero barrel I was saying is really good that came assembled with an M5 upper, is one of those premium jobs. Was only sold like that for a couple months. But some other barrels, which similarly came with uppers or were just standard Aero, I found they kinda suck. But maybe their premium series is really that.

I should go look specifically at BA harder, they have their own website as you know with a broader set of certain products available. I admitidly wrote them off based on standard Aero barrels, which I've been slowly upgrading - maybe I'll try a premium BA next time.

Center target below was sighting in and also with a Magnetospeed chrony strapped on the BA barrel. 100 yards off the bench. I roll my own now, but that was Hornady Match 140 factory ammo. 5-shot bug hole via a very good batch of factory Winchester Match 140. Barrel is a 6.5 Creedmoor BA Premium series, 20" heavy taper.

6-5-cm-win-match-jpg.171068

I have a new Aero upper on the way. .308 18" fluted stainless barrel, so I guess I'll see what level of accuracy I can get. I do have some great semi-auto loads for .308 that I shoot in my M14 service rifle. Good or bad, I'll post how it does.

I have a new Aero upper on the way. .308 18" fluted stainless barrel, so I guess I'll see what level of accuracy I can get. I do have some great semi-auto loads for .308 that I shoot in my M14 service rifle. Good or bad, I'll post how it does.
it took me 3 barrels with a 308 build to find one that finally worked ok, so, hope this one will work out ok for you. and that ok was still not a single hole. the barrel was: Ballistic Advantage Modern Series 20" .308 Win HBAR Contour 1:10 Nitride AR-308 Barrel - Rifle - 5/8x24
1659273200131.png

it took me 3 barrels with a 308 build to find one that finally worked ok, so, hope this one will work out ok for you. and that ok was still not a single hole. the barrel was: Ballistic Advantage Modern Series 20" .308 Win HBAR Contour 1:10 Nitride AR-308 Barrel - Rifle - 5/8x24
View attachment 644641
That's an outstanding group. I don't have quite that expectation for what I'm putting together this time. The 6.5 I built was for gas gun class PRS, and it delivers. Once I had my dope, I don't recall ever missing a plate at 600 to 700 yards and it would hold on the plate at 1200 yards if I had my act together. 400 yards or less was boring on plates but fun to shoot for group size.

This will be more of a 'DMR' type rifle and I'd be happy with 1.5 MOA, under 2 at worst. I should have it all together and broken in within a couple weeks or so.

Leave it to the Republicant to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory ! If this passes with Republicant help, I’m staying home from now on .
And there is an excellent reason for the Dems to push this pile of crap. If RINOS cave and this passes the Repubs can kiss the Senate goodbye b/c many like you will be so disgusted that they may sit out the midterms

Everything Maggie has done since she's been sent to DC leads me with no doubt that she will be in favor of this AWB.
Well yeah -- both Jeanne and Maggie co-sponsored the Senate version of the bill (As did Markey, Liz, Bernie, etc)
And there is an excellent reason for the Dems to push this pile of crap. If RINOS cave and this passes the Repubs can kiss the Senate goodbye b/c many like you will be so disgusted that they may sit out the midterms
OTOH, if they bring the AWB to a vote in the senate ASAP, that gives (R) voters a shot at primarying a herd of RINOs.

Well yeah -- both Jeanne and Maggie co-sponsored the Senate version of the bill (As did Markey, Liz, Bernie, etc)
OTOH, if they bring the AWB to a vote in the senate ASAP, that gives (R) voters a shot at primarying a herd of RINOs.
So…they had this piece of crap ready to roll in March of 2021 and were just awaiting the right “moment” (read: mass shootings) to push it through??

Where’s my tin hat…..

Last edited:
So…they had this piece of crap ready to roll in March of 2021 and were just awaiting the right “moment” (read: mass shootings) to push it through??
Where’s my tin hat…..
Our oldest Senator, Dianne Feinstein (D-emented) has re-introduced substantially the same bill in every single senate session since the original AWB '94 expired.

Speaking of expiration dates, DiFi is long past hers:
CdQCZsl.jpg
(Do not click)

Where’s my tin hat…..
Yes, but of course Feinstein has been introducing this bill or something like it every session for years. Search for the word “2017” in the bill…they didn’t even update every reference to the year when they reintroduced it.

I'll repeat it - Republicans in the senate should use their podium time to list out how this bill is flagrantly unconstitutional in light of Bruen/Caetano/McDonald/Heller and also list every recent high profile good guy with a gun event.
Then let the Democrats have their vote knowing that injuctive relief will be sought the moment the pedophile picks up a pen.

They are doing this as a publicity stunt knowing they won't have to face the voters because the Republicans will block it - screw them and make them deal with massive losses.
We then get to laugh that they pushed to far on yet another touch plate issue and lost it all.
Hey Dems, double down and get the NFA struck down...

And every drop of blood spilled when the shooting war starts between citizens defending their rights and cops and government agents trying to steal them will be on congress' hands.
There will be no war between citizens and government. I can guarantee you, as one who was ages ago trained on this exact activity, you stand no chance at all when a squad will come down to your property to end you.

It would be a chance if towns figured it out how to make up militias and have some sort of a coordinated collective defense, but, this government here is too smart to allow that to happen. The trap is set, players assigned, legalities sorted out, so, it is only a matter of time now for DHS and DOJ to strike. And no one will be able to do nothing.

There will be no war between citizens and government. I can guarantee you, as one who was ages ago trained on this exact activity, you stand no chance at all when a squad will come down to your property to end you.

It would be a chance if towns figured it out how to make up militias and have some sort of a coordinated collective defense, but, this government here is too smart to allow that to happen. The trap is set, players assigned, legalities sorted out, so, it is only a matter of time now for DHS and DOJ to strike. And no one will be able to do nothing.

Lol. There are not enough gov workers even if only 1% of people shot back. And some people are excellent marksman.

Back
Top Bottom