House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

If you read this text and it’s exceptions in the full context of history, it reads very much like a government terrified of the armed population, banning any weapon that might be effective against tyranny, and the first and prominent exception to the ban is for the government itself to use said weapons against it’s citizens.

130 million people were slaughtered by their own governments in the 20th century alone. After they were disarmed.

View: https://twitter.com/marklivesthings/status/1553184468508221442?s=21&t=VsXZf268ib-JJrWmfayt0w

I tried to read through the list but, my eyes kept watering up from laughing. Made it past Armalite 22lr carbine but at High Point carbines I had to stop.

Time to pick up an AR-10.

Recommendations?
If you are looking for something functional and reliable, and don't need to 'flex on the poors', get or build an Aero M5. They sell complete uppers and lowers too. If it matters to you, IIRC direct sale to Mass is an issue but they have distributors who will ship to Mass. If I didn't care about budget, I'd just get a rifle from JP.

I tried to read through the list but, my eyes kept watering up from laughing. Made it past Armalite 22lr carbine but at High Point carbines I had to stop.
It looks black and killy, which seems to be their criteria.

Seems that Linsky was their chief advisor and expert resource?

View attachment 644137

Can't wait for President Kamala in a few years to send in Generalissimo Beto to sweep thru our streets block by block with the door to door confiscations lol. Katrina 2005 confiscations was a successful test run. If I remember correctly, no one shot back at the agents there ordered to confiscate their stuff.
Lots of people know better now. You can be assured there will be return fire this time........LOTS OF IT.

The bill the House passed Friday makes it illegal for anyone to import, sell, manufacture, transfer or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon. This doesn't apply to any possession or sale of semiautomatic weapons prior to the bill's passage.
Then what does possess mean?
It's a ban on possession, with a grandfather clause for pre-bans:

HR1808 said:
(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting inter18 state or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession, sale, or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon oth21 erwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment...

(w)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting inter5 state or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment...

The boilerplate "in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce" and the grandfather clause to try to preempt some of the obvious challenges to the constitutionality of the bill.

Notably, this version bans the transfer of grandfathered standard capacity magazines

The boilerplate "in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce" and the grandfather clause to try to preempt some of the obvious challenges to the constitutionality of the bill.

Notably, this version bans the transfer of grandfathered standard capacity magazines
That was mighty white of them, eh?

They can roll that whole bill up tight and shove it squarely up their traitorous asses.

So, what do people who have guns that *never* cam with neutered magazines do? That seems like confiscation to me. No magazine, the gun is useless. e.g.: nobody is ever going to make a 15 round magazine for a VP70.

Pointless to contact the Senators and Reps currently in NH. Cue "Standard BS reply form letter" a few days later about how it's necessary and for safety. Just hoping this year's elections can change something.

So, what do people who have guns that *never* cam with neutered magazines do? That seems like confiscation to me. No magazine, the gun is useless. e.g.: nobody is ever going to make a 15 round magazine for a VP70.

If I'm reading this correctly:

‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment..."

...any standard capacity magazines in your possession when (and if) this becomes law, would be grandfathered. Therefore, if you don't already have all the standard capacity magazines in your possession that you think you'll need over your lifetime, you may want to consider stocking up now.

...but again, that's just my interpretation. YMMV

Frank

Grandfather clauses are put in so no one reacts against the bill. Everyone will say I have mine so it's OK.

Back
Top Bottom