• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

From the Clinton news network just posted, even the libs know it’s not going to pass.

CNN —
Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut said Senate Democrats don’t have the 60 votes needed to advance an assault weapons ban bill but expressed optimism on CNN’s “State of the Union” that something could get done in the next Congress if Democrats keep their seat in Georgia.

“I’m glad that President (Joe) Biden is gonna be pushing us to take a vote on an assault weapons ban,” he told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday morning. “The House has already passed it. It’s sitting in front of the Senate. Does it have 60 votes in the Senate right now? Probably not. But let’s see if we can try to get that number is close to 60 as possible. If we don’t have the votes, then we’ll talk to [Senate Majority Leader Chuck] Schumer and maybe come back next year, with maybe an additional senator, and see if we can do better.”

Murphy also said there needs to be a conversation in the US Senate about funding law enforcement in counties that are refusing to enforce state and national gun laws.

“They have decided that they are going to essentially refuse to implement laws that are on the books. That is a growing problem in this country,” he said. “And I think we’re gonna have to have a conversation about that in the United States Senate. Do we want to continue to supply funding to law enforcement in counties that refuse to implement state and federal gun laws?”

He added: “I’ll talk to my colleagues about what our approach should be to this problem. But 60% of counties in this country are refusing to implement the nation’s gun laws, we’ve got to do something about that.”

A recent shooting at an LGBTQ club in Colorado Springs, Colorado, involved an assault-style weapon and a handgun, while officials said the shooter at a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia, last week was armed with a handgun and multiple magazines.

Democratic Gov. Jared Polis of Colorado was pressed in two separate interviews Sunday about a total ban on assault style weapons, telling both NBC and CBS that a variety of factors go into his thinking on the issue.

“I think all of these things, including the red flag law and expanding its use, should really be looked at,” Polis told NBC.

“We learn from each instance, but you also have to look at all of the causes,” he said in his interview with CBS. “We also need to pursue the mental health aspect of this and other shooting incidences.”

Asked by NBC about Colorado’s red flag law and its role in the recent mass shooting, Polis said: “This looks like this would have been a good instance for the use of Colorado’s new red flag law, which has been used several hundred times but could have been used even more to prevent these kinds of tragic events or more often to prevent self-harm or suicide.”

Colorado passed its red flag law in 2019, which is intended to temporarily prevent an individual in crisis from accessing firearms through a court order, triggered by the individual’s family, a member of their household or a law enforcement officer. While it’s still unclear whether a red flag law was triggered by the shooter’s past incident of a bomb threat in 2021, Polis told CBS: “I’m sure what will be looked into is, ‘Why wasn’t it pursued?’”

Congress returns this week with a jam-packed to-do list in the lame duck session, focused primarily on the must-pass government funding bill, as well as other priorities. But any action on gun legislation – particularly the assault weapons ban Biden has repeatedly called for – does not have the votes to pass. And the reality of a divided Congress in next year’s session makes it highly unlikely that anything will pass over the next two years.
Probably doesn't have 60 votes? Shit, it doesn't even have 50.

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut said...

Murphy also said there needs to be a conversation in the US Senate about funding law enforcement in counties that are refusing to enforce state and national gun laws.

“They have decided that they are going to essentially refuse to implement laws that are on the books. That is a growing problem in this country,” he said. “And I think we’re gonna have to have a conversation about that in the United States Senate. Do we want to continue to supply funding to law enforcement in counties that refuse to implement state and federal gun laws?”

He is talking about any place that has said they will not enforce unconstitutional laws post Bruen, not of course leftist prosecutors who refuse to charge felons in possession during a crime.

🐯

Talk to me about Sanctuary States and cities for illegal aliens, protected from federal law.

“…Senator Murphy, who has been the Senate’s leading advocate for stronger gun control since at a school in Newtown, Connecticut in 2012, also told CNN on Sunday that one avenue Democrats might pursue is to restrict federal funding for law enforcement in counties that declare themselves gun sanctuaries.

“We learned in Colorado that the county in which the shooting happened was a so-called second amendment sanctuary state,” Murphy said. “The majority of counties in this country have declared that they’re not going enforce state and federal gun laws.”

“It’s a growing problem in the country and we’re going to have to have a conversation about that in the Senate. Do we want to to continue to supply funding to law enforcement in counties that refuse to implement state and federal gun laws?”
Red flag laws, Murphy added, had proved wildly popular across the county but “we have to do something” about the refusal by 60% of counties to enforce gun control laws.

I survived the Clinton AWB and bought AR's.
I've bought AR's since Maura's AR Ban.
Ask an anti what an Assault Weapon is and they get stupid and start blurting out nonsense about "Weapons of War".
We need to have the Supreme Court rule an AWB is illegal or this shit will be constantly revived by the Left every time there's mass shooting even if the shooter uses a handgun.
However the narrative is changing on the anti side to call out semi-auto instead of assault weapon - they are starting to publicly vocalize their true intentions.
They will look for a Canadian style ban on sales and transfers so all semi-autos will "go away" in a generation.

However the narrative is changing on the anti side to call out semi-auto instead of assault weapon - they are starting to publicly vocalize their true intentions.
They will look for a Canadian style ban on sales and transfers so all semi-autos will "go away" in a generation.
We (collectively) knew that this was the plan all along. Myself, I have made it well known that I have no use for progressives and have no problem cutting away from those acquaintances. Anyone that says "I support the Second Amendment, but" I no long talk to or associate with.
Folks it is time to make the hard stand. Those individuals will toss you in a heartbeat.

You are correct because they know they are losing on the issue of gun bans and gun control. After Bruen they can see the writing on the wall and they're panicking and reorganizing their talking points.

I was surprised (well not really) hearing brandon talk about "semi-automatic weapons" as it's always been "assault rifles/weapons". Now we're down to semi autos. This was the first I've actually heard it.
First it was assault weapons and weapons of war don't need to be in the hands of civilians. Now its semi-autos. WTF

Even if this passes house/senate (unlikely) its almost certain to get an epic smackdown at SCOTUS and the AWB issue will be dead nationally once and for all

Its long past time for SCOTUS to put this to bed based on recent cases referencing "consistent with historical" bloviation

I was surprised (well not really) hearing brandon talk about "semi-automatic weapons" as it's always been "assault rifles/weapons". Now we're down to semi autos. This was the first I've actually heard it.
First it was assault weapons and weapons of war don't need to be in the hands of civilians. Now its semi-autos. WTF
They are simply saying the quiet part out loud now - they know that they hold the keys to the ballot box so why even pretend to care what flyover country thinks about their agenda any longer?

It’s likely too late, but let me hit the red alert button. We are a few years past the time to wake up. They want to take away all firearms. All of them. That’s not hyperbole or panic-p0rn. The GOP can compromise on an awb or red flag laws and think “ok, now they’re done”. They won’t be done until no one has a firearm. This can’t be stressed enough. It’s not about an awb, it’s a full court press on the entire 2A and to remove every rifle, shotgun and handgun from private ownership. Every single firearm. Gone. And that goes for you hunters, too even if you don’t think it does. The Fudds will be the last ones, but, they’re going to get bent over and f*cked just like everyone else. And they have the momentum to get this done in short order. The only question you have to ask yourself is “what will my next hobby be?” Because it isn’t going to be firearms.

Last edited:
They are simply saying the quiet part out loud now - they know that they hold the keys to the ballot box so why even pretend to care what flyover country thinks about their agenda any longer?

Hows a semi auto ban going to pass SCOTUS though?

They can talk all the shit they want. That boat as sailed a few times by now.... Miller, Heller, McDonald, and the last one which I can't remember the name that I think begins with a B [rofl]

They can talk all the shit they want. That boat as sailed a few times by now.... Miller, Heller, McDonald, and the last one which I can't remember the name that I think begins with a B [rofl]
It won't but they are hoping for a Roberts the Traitor compromise or their holy grail, a change in the court's makeup since the two oldest are those they hate the most

JusticeBornNominated ByInLeansAge
Clarence Thomas1948George H.W. Bush1991Conservative74
Samuel Alito1950George W. Bush2006Conservative72
Sonia Sotomayer1954Barack Obama2009Liberal68
John Roberts1955George W. Bush2005Swing67
Elena Kagan1960Barack Obama2010Liberal62
Brett Kavanaugh1965Donald Trump2018Conservative57
Neil Gorsuch1967Donald Trump2017Swing55
Ketanji Jackson1970Joe Biden2022Liberal52
Amy Barrett1972Donald Trump2020Conservative50

If they could replace Thomas and Alito then Roberts and Gorsuch would swing heavily left and undo the "hateful, horrific" decisions forced on the court by MAGA republicans

They said this hundreds of times and noone listens, They don’t care if it’s not constitutional, they’ll pass what they can and deal with it after the fact YEARS later when scotus sees it, if ever. The rule of law is not going to be followed by the anti-2A crowd. They no longer recognize the validity of the parts of the Constitution that they don’t agree with. By the time it gets ruled unconstitutional your firearms will be in a Chinese factory being melted down as scrap.

They said this hundreds of times and noone listens, They don’t care if it’s not constitutional, they’ll pass what they can and deal with it after the fact YEARS later when scotus sees it, if ever. The rule of law is not going to be followed by the anti-2A crowd. They no longer recognize the validity of the parts of the Constitution that they don’t agree with. By the time it gets ruled unconstitutional your firearms will be in a Chinese factory being melted down as scrap.
They're not that stupid, Dem Pols know gun confiscation is impossible but they're pandering to their idiot Leftist voters and the Mean Girls and Boys like AOC.
Same with their student loan relief, they know it's illegal but they dangle it in front of their devoted followers who buy it hook, line and sinker. When Courts slap them down they can blame MAGA R's and White Supremacists.

It’s likely too late, but let me hit the red alert button. We are a few years past the time to wake up. They want to take away all firearms. All of them. That’s not hyperbole or panic-p0rn. The GOP can compromise on an awb or red flag laws and think “ok, now they’re done”. They won’t be done until no one has a firearm. This can’t be stressed enough. It’s not about an awb, it’s a full court press on the entire 2A and to remove every rifle, shotgun and handgun from private ownership. Every single firearm. Gone. And that goes for you hunters, too even if you don’t think it does. The Fudds will be the last ones, but, they’re going to get bent over and f*cked just like everyone else. And they have the momentum to get this done in short order. The only question you have to ask yourself is “what will my next hobby be?” Because it isn’t going to be firearms.
Hobbies imply ownership of stuff. "You'll own nothing - and you'll be HAPPY!"

So then what's the point of all this? Serious question.

To insert into the psyche of the next generation that guns are evil vestiges of the past.
They know that they could never get an amendment passed now but in the future they hope to get one that deletes the second and replaces it with one for LGBTQII++ and abortion rights.
Poison the minds of school children while working the parents to death so they have no time or energy to deprogram then and it will be an eventuality.

To insert into the psyche of the next generation that guns are evil vestiges of the past.
They know that they could never get an amendment passed now but in the future they hope to get one that deletes the second and replaces it with one for LGBTQII++ and abortion rights.
Poison the minds of school children while working the parents to death so they have no time or energy to deprogram then and it will be an eventuality.
Now that voting no longer matters again, it’s just a matter of time, not if, this all goes to hell.

It’s a great question. I think the point is to hold them off from getting a majority to be able to pass this stuff and try to garner support and wake people up to keep our free society. We’re losing on that front. Look at how angry people are that there is free speech on Twitter. Free speech. The aclu used to sue on behalf of allowing nazis to speak freely, now they would defend a Law that would imprison you for expressing certain opinions. Groups like the WEF somehow got a foothold in every government, and they have an agenda. That agenda is counter to the U.S. Constitution, and certainly counter to 2A. we are at a critical point in history, and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration. It saddens me to think of what will happen if we lose and people like Klaus Schwab win, and he’s winning now and bragging about how he has infiltrated every government and cabinet in the world. Think about that, a career academic who never held a job outside of academia now dictates global policy.

They don't have to ban anything. They are raising the prices on food, housing, and gas enough that we can no longer afford to own guns and ammo. Some of you make enough to buy and never sell. Some of us have to sell all of it off to pay for daily living expenses.

They don't have to ban anything. They are raising the prices on food, housing, and gas enough that we can no longer afford to own guns and ammo. Some of you make enough to buy and never sell. Some of us have to sell all of it off to pay for daily living expenses.
I’m here for you, with cash in hand.

In that video where Biden calls for getting rid of semi-automatic weapons, how many of the police and secret service people within just a fifty foot radius, defending HIS sorry ass, was armed with a semi-automatic gun?

Even if this passes house/senate (unlikely) its almost certain to get an epic smackdown at SCOTUS and the AWB issue will be dead nationally once and for all

Its long past time for SCOTUS to put this to bed based on recent cases referencing "consistent with historical" bloviation
or the court will just get packed and they'll push it through.

Back
Top Bottom