• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Dems Push for Criminalizing Private Gun Sales

Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) met with gun control groups that included the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Everytown for Gun Safety, the Center for American Progress, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, and Gabby Giffords’ group. He asked them what they wanted, and a bill to criminalize private gun sales was on their wish list.

SURPRISE! The now D controlled House is hard are work finding ways to peel back the rights of law abiding citizens!

House Democrats Will Push to Criminalize Private Gun Sales

Mother Jones report referenced in article...
House Dems will push for background check on every gun sale

I'm sorry. When did Democraps control the Senate and WH???? When was that???

Even Obama, with a majority in both Houses, couldn't get a gun bill to the floor.

Why???

Because a large % of those Congresspeeps would get un-elected if they voted for legislation like that.

Better to quietly vote for it when there is no chance to get it passed. You can talk tough on gun control yet still keep most of your gun-rights constituents happy. You'll see a flurry of legislation voted on that'll come right down party lines. It isn't like the GOP didn't pull the same thing.

Wait til they start impeachment proceedings with no evidence. That'll be funny.

Love it.
I had a conversation with a moonbat at a Thanksgiving cocktail party a couple weeks ago. The subject of free market came up. I asked him to name one place in the world that free markets didn't exist. He snapped back, "In the government." I replied, "Really? People in government don't trade favors for awarding contracts, take bribes, etc?" "Yeah, but it's illegal." he replies. "Yes, but does it exist?"..... Gears grinding to a halt as he stares forward.....conversation ends.[laugh]

If the feds won't, activists in each state will move toward the MA model of licensure, or going to an FFL to be checked.

How they intend to stop thieves and gangs from continuing the black market, is beyond me. Why do they call it that, anyway? Seems raciss
There is no intention of stopping criminals they just want to make us all criminals by default of siding with 2a

I dunno. Congress is, by default, a microcosm of society. The average citizen that I talk to that is anti-gun is just a clueless dolt that thinks that somehow stopping HONEST people from obtaining guns will suddenly make the world safer. They have zero understanding of 2A, let alone ANY of the Constitution. It's feel-good, knee-jerk platform positions.

On a funnier note, one of my more OBNOXIOUSLY liberal clients (I'm talking the type that ANY Republican could cure cancer tomorrow and he'd complain. THAT type of liberal.) told me today he's a moderate independent. I guess that means he voted for Baker. [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Making private sales illegal means UBC's which means registration to enforce.

This will pass the House and go to the senate and we'll see where it goes from there. I see the NRA's twitter has a few things about this story, but they'll have to actually do something for once to prove they still have a reason to exist. IF this bill somehow passes the Senate, which it shouldn't unless the Nuclear option was used and the RINO's like Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Rubio voted for it, then the NRA is a useless turd.

This would just be about AR's and Glocks, it'd be about any firearm, even a single shot .22 as a gift from a grandparent to a grandson.

I dunno. Congress is, by default, a microcosm of society. The average citizen that I talk to that is anti-gun is just a clueless dolt that thinks that somehow stopping HONEST people from obtaining guns will suddenly make the world safer...

I am a firm believer in ostracizing and banishing all Anti's to Canada. But not the pretty parts...

Making private sales illegal means UBC's which means registration to enforce.

This will pass the House and go to the senate and we'll see where it goes from there. I see the NRA's twitter has a few things about this story, but they'll have to actually do something for once to prove they still have a reason to exist. IF this bill somehow passes the Senate, which it shouldn't unless the Nuclear option was used and the RINO's like Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Rubio voted for it, then the NRA is a useless turd.

This would just be about AR's and Glocks, it'd be about any firearm, even a single shot .22 as a gift from a grandparent to a grandson.

Not sure if serious I doubt it'll make it off the house floor if it even gets that far... even with dem majority. Look at what happened when obama was pres, gun control at that level sells like a fart in church....

Ohh! Who wants to start the "MYOFB" Party?

MYOFB_Womens_Dark_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg
MYOFB_Dark_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg
MYOFB_Ash_Grey_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg
MYOFB_Womens_Dark_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg

Last edited:
You sure the Paul rinos won't roll?

That would be political suicide if they wanted to have any chance of getting re-elected in a lot of districts.

I can think of a bunch of gun things they'd roll on, but something this big, where they can't just play the "hide it with something else" game, is a different story.

-Mike

That would be political suicide if they wanted to have any chance of getting re-elected in a lot of districts.

I can think of a bunch of gun things they'd roll on, but something this big, where they can't just play the "hide it with something else" game, is a different story.

-Mike
I can say I have no faith in the present or near future repugs.

I can say I have no faith in the present or near future repugs.

I don't either, but gun control is a political loser of an issue, at the federal level. It basically won't win you anything, and lose you seats in the swingy states, regardless of whether the person selling it is a
repugnant or a democrap. Much like abortion, it's basically a loser of an issue. Most pols are trying to figure out how to stay away from it. The only ones that come up with this crap live in secured moonbat
seats where they don't face a lot of vulnerability.

There were a few AWB renewal attempts during the Obama administration. Even bugeyes pelosi never cosponsored these attempts as she knew they would be detrimental to the entire
party WRT their hold on power. (for example, less than 20 years before that, dems got their donkey punched in the rectum after the 94 AWB vote fallout, amongst other things.... )

-Mike

The down side here is. I see this failing on the federal level. But that being such a “great idea”that it gains traction many places at the state level.

It is no one's business but mine who I buy a gun from or sell a gun to. Well except for the other guy...

It is time to start telling the Government "MYOFB" in earnest.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. It's just property, like a car or a wood splitter. Why would I even 'consider' involving the gubbiment in a sales transaction.

But I'm from the 603, so what do I know.

why? So they can just refuse to hear the case? Seems anything with guns that comes up they don't want to hear it so they don't have to make a ruling. And in the end Gun Owning Americans get screwed.
Or so we end up like we do in MA. Could take years upon years more to finally fight Healey on her 7/20/16 unconstitutional gun ban.

Back
Top Bottom