House Dem's at it Again

The ATF failed to ban the M855 round; Representative Steve Israel wants to go much much further.
Reacting bitterly to the news that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives had yielded in its attempt to ban the M855, one of the most popular rifle rounds in the country, a small group of congressional Democrats yesterday announced plans to destroy the entire American rifle market. Touting his strong support for what the clique has rather cynically christened the “Modernize Law Enforcement Protection Act,” Representative Steve Israel (D., NY) rehearsed a familiar linguistic trick. “The Second Amendment, which I support,” Israel contended, has “well-intended 18th-century protections.” “But,” he lamented, “we live in a world with 21st-century criminals and increasingly lethal weapons.” As a result, Washington has been left with little choice but to take away your bullets...

...In friendly circles, the Democrats’ bill is being sold as an attempt to achieve via legislation what the ATF could not manage by fiat. In truth, however, the proposal goes much, much further than that. Per The Hill, the measure “would adjust the definition to any handgun bullet that can shoot through even the weakest body armor worn by police.” (In a similar bill, introduced in 2013, the definition of “weakest” was left to the discretion of the attorney general.) If it were taken literally, Bob Owens notes over at Bearing Arms, such a rule would bring pretty much every handgun round in the country into the fold. Because the “weakest” vests that are worn by police are “designed to stop only shell fragments and anemic handgun and standard .22LR rimfire rounds,” Owens explains, “any modern defensive pistol bullet in 9mm, 40 S&W, and .45ACP” could find itself on the chopping block...

...Which is to say that the gun-controllers may be down, but they are not out. Far from it, in fact. With this proposal, Steve Israel and his friends have signaled their willingness to react to small losses by proposing massive gains. They have indicated that, long term, they hope to move the gun-control battle into the friendlier and less accountable administrative realm. And they have confirmed that there are many who still hope to bring resounding hammer blows down upon to the right to keep and bear arms, thereby awarding a hostile and mistrustful federal government yet another opportunity to abridge the liberties of the people in the interest of solving problems that simply don’t exist. To even consider the proposal would be to consider the slow bleeding of the Second Amendment itself. The response of all right-thinking people must be loud, and it must be simple: Molon labe.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/415561/dems-now-aim-broad-ammo-ban-charles-c-w-cooke

too bad congress can't bundle up CA, MA, NY, NJ, MD, CT, IL and sell them to England where they belong.

Notice that they always say "I support the second amendment BUT" Jack.

Anytime they have to proclaim that they support the 2nd Amendment (or proclaim that they are a gun owner), they are either trying to convince you or themselves that their lie is true!

As a result, Washington has been left with little choice but to take away your bullets...

When the politicians come to take our "bullets", I am sure that there will be many enthusiastic to give those to them.

How about Stevieboy comes to my house in person to collect my bullitz? He's going to get more holes in his ass. Gonna make a strainer look waterproof.
Every time I think that something (like the 2A) is idiot proof, someone comes out with a better idiot. It's amazing.
Im getting sick and bloody tired of the D/R games. These games are stupid. We should start handing out stupid prizes.

Let's get that sucker up there for a vote. [smile]

images

Their answer is to live in la la land. Instead, why not develop better body armor? Oh right, because that's complex and their voters can't follow along. This has no chance of passing. I really wish politicians from both sides of the aisle would stop wasting tax dollars and time on this kind of garbage.

same goes for free speech, blogs etc.. need to go its dangerous and can hurt people..... This idiots need to be voted the **** out of office.

Back
Top Bottom