House Democrats ask Biden to take executive action on concealable assault-style firearms

Thirwell1216

NES Member
so any firearms, see video above
The video doesn’t go with the article. The article is about concealable assault weapons, and AR pistols specifically. They’re going after them, this is the groundwork for that effort just like Hillary talking about the filibuster is laying the groundwork for attacking that.

The enemy has a plan and they’re executing it.

Yep an old video from the 90s, but demonstrates that folks can hide just about anything with a little creative thinking.

Everyone I know is in a tizzy about them banning "assault weapons". I keep telling them, there's no way they get an assault weapons ban through. Not with a 50/50 senate and 10 million ARs in circulation. But they need a victory on guns. The easy, low hanging fruit is first and foremost AR pistols with arm braces. All that requires is the current director of the ATF to reverse the current stance and categorize them as SBRs. No sweat. Next they'll get 80% lowers, both of the AR and Poly80 varieties. Again, I think that just requires a hard nudge to the ATF.

80% lowers are tricky because they have to either find some lower % or completely redefine things.

And I wouldn't rule out the senate changing the rules to make it a simple majority vote.

80% lowers are tricky because they have to either find some lower % or completely redefine things.

And I wouldn't rule out the senate changing the rules to make it a simple majority vote.
All they would need to do is make it general "any raw material molded, cast, milled or machined to a significant degree which designed and intended to allow an end user to complete it into a functioning firearm with ready available tools, equipment and parts" Leaves them lots of leeway too.

What's funny about that above, is that I gave it about 15 seconds of thought... congress or the ATF would come up with 15 pages of nonsense and legalese that they could interpret 100 different ways.

most speculations on this topic are quite pointless. raskins plan was saying to prohibit the sale of metal milling machines, presumably, including hand drills? go figure.
an imagination of paid clowns in congress has no real limits.

to think of what is possible, or, probable, perhaps, would be to establish a regulation for a strict requirement for serial numbers on the barrel, slide and the frame to correlate, declare all 3 above mentioned components as 'weapons' and invent some sort of a global national registry for 'legally' produced serial numbers.
whatever option will lead to maximum increase of government hires and a most $ to spend - that one they will go with. more staff, more tech, more hassle for the population.

Breaking the fillibuster is a nuclear option. Especially with an election in two years. And it's a tool that they use when the other party is in power. If they blow it up, next time repubs are in control, they won't be able to use it to block legislation they don't like. I see that as a lot of talk. However, I do think they have the political capital right now to go after "ghost guns"...I don't think a yes vote on a ghost gun bill is gonna get the Honorable Senator from WV ousted like an all out assault weapons ban. But even if they can't get that far, what's stopping the ATF from saying a block of metal or plastic is a "gun" when it's more than 50% machined...or 30%? At some point they'll get to the place where the average Joe can't finish it in their basement, and they effectively ban them. Advancements in 3D printing will make that moot in a decade, but they can still claim a win on guns without having to do anything really drastic to win it.

Politicians are lazy. Path of least resistance...

Last edited:
All they would need to do is make it general "any raw material molded, cast, milled or machined to a significant degree which designed and intended to allow an end user to complete it into a functioning firearm with ready available tools, equipment and parts" Leaves them lots of leeway too.

What's funny about that above, is that I gave it about 15 seconds of thought... congress or the ATF would come up with 15 pages of nonsense and legalese that they could interpret 100 different ways.
And it would cost 100mill

Exactl. Given the recent 16 Circuit ruling on Trump’s Bump Stock EO I suspect they’ve decided going after AR Pistols under the NFA. They can adjust the guidance to class them as SBRs and have a hope of it standing up to judicial review. Pretty much all the other crap they want to pull won’t. This might.

Everyone I know is in a tizzy about them banning "assault weapons". I keep telling them, there's no way they get an assault weapons ban through. Not with a 50/50 senate and 10 million ARs in circulation. But they need a victory on guns. The easy, low hanging fruit is first and foremost AR pistols with arm braces. All that requires is the current director of the ATF to reverse the current stance and categorize them as SBRs. No sweat. Next they'll get 80% lowers, both of the AR and Poly80 varieties. Again, I think that just requires a hard nudge to the ATF.
Today on CNN

In the President's first, limited actions on gun control Thursday, Biden will direct his administration to tighten restrictions on so-called ghost guns and pistol stabilizing braces that allow the weapons to be used more accurately, according to a senior administration official.

It’s rediculous that the government does not want pistols to be more accurate.

If that were the case they should ban sights and optics on all guns.

Man politicians are wired very different than normal people.
House democrats want biden to do something, Well why? You have the majority in the house (and senate as well). Why the frig are you looking for some executive action BS when you can just propose a bill? In fact, not only can you do that, but its your friggen job to propose bills. I serious don't understand them.

Its like when pocahontis protested outside the ICE office. ICE is an agency that follows laws that you (pocahontis) help create, and you are protesting them for following your laws?

NOTE: I am not proposing i want more laws, i am just calling out the stupid.

Man politicians are wired very different than normal people.
House democrats want biden to do something, Well why? You have the majority in the house (and senate as well). Why the frig are you looking for some executive action BS when you can just propose a bill? In fact, not only can you do that, but its your friggen job to propose bills. I serious don't understand them.

Its like when pocahontis protested outside the ICE office. ICE is an agency that follows laws that you (pocahontis) help create, and you are protesting them for following your laws?

NOTE: I am not proposing i want more laws, i am just calling out the stupid.
It's called "I'm Doing Something (by not actually doing anything)". It looks like, to the loudly screaming retards that vote for them, that they are TRYING to do something, but in reality, if you have at least two brain cells to rub together, you realize that they actually are doing nothing. It's the safest option, as political animals.

The thing that really bothers me is always this threat of an EO to get around passing or changing a law. The usage of EOs was supposed to by limited as I understand it. Starting with FDR it seems they really became abused, and it is all the fault of Congress. We do not have a King who gets to rule by issuing an edict. We have a branch of government that is supposed to write the laws and pass them. Congress has been derelict in it's duty in reeling in the Executive Branch from overstepping it's bounds. But when they 'agree' with the order they are just letting it slide. It's supposed to be 3 separate but equal branches of govt.

The thing that really bothers me is always this threat of an EO to get around passing or changing a law. The usage of EOs was supposed to by limited as I understand it. Starting with FDR it seems they really became abused, and it is all the fault of Congress. We do not have a King who gets to rule by issuing an edict. We have a branch of government that is supposed to write the laws and pass them. Congress has been derelict in it's duty in reeling in the Executive Branch from overstepping it's bounds. But when they 'agree' with the order they are just letting it slide. It's supposed to be 3 separate but equal branches of govt.

Agree,

Why is congress asking Biden to take action???? Because they're ALL fvcking coards, afraid of losing their seat in congress.....as they damned well should.

They want to use Xiden as their fall guy so they can place blame when the public resistance ends up in a war.

Back
Top Bottom