House Bill for 1,000% Tax on Assault Weapons to Be Filibuster-Proof: Beyer

she is truly delusional indeed if she for real thinks the purpose of the whole gun control ordeal was ever to 'protect' anybody.

My mathing sucks. What’s the conversion on 80%’ers once this takes effect. $500ea? Or are they going to worth more than $20k due to hidden value? 🤔

If there is a possible silver lining to passage of more Federal gun laws, it is how horribly poor the Dems did in 1994 after passage of the AWB. That passage was in May (I think) and the election in November was a Red Wave: Republicans picked up 8 seats in the Senate, and 35 seats in the House. Even Clinton warned the party not to do something like that again.

The timing is critical because if they passed this crap last year then the effect would mostly be lost. This close to elections one can be sure lawmakers will look for every reason not to take a position before November. We can only hope the balance shifts after that point making this whole cadre of useless lawz go away for a long time.

That was a long ass time ago, yet people still repeat it like any gun legislation is a death sentence for Democrats... lets try this to put it into more modern terms.. When was the last Democrat NOT elected due to sweeping gun legislation? Now, you can't count Republicans because the gun laws they pass are for our own good.. So, go!!!!!

Hell, everybody was wanting to re-elect Trump even though he supported more stringent gun laws, and actually endorsed one.. So what makes ANYONE think if Dems want to confiscate everyone's guns they won't get elected when the f'n Republicans won't even stand up, much less their supporters who are no better than Dems?

That was a long ass time ago, yet people still repeat it like any gun legislation is a death sentence for Democrats... lets try this to put it into more modern terms.. When was the last Democrat NOT elected due to sweeping gun legislation? Now, you can't count Republicans because the gun laws they pass are for our own good.. So, go!!!!!
When was the last sweeping gun legislation?

When was the last sweeping gun legislation?

Bump stocks, import ban.

Might be more I don't know.

Point being the Dems don't even have to make any new gun laws, the Republicans are doing it for them lol

L2dpcGh5LmdpZg.gif

How many RINOS will even bother to protest against this?

I’d been eyeing a preban Sportster. Maybe it’s time to buy it before this insanity adds $20,000 to the price.

Anyone know whether this will apply to private sales as well?
I love it when people tell me Mass is safer because you can’t buy assault weapons and then I direct them to GunParlor in Worcester where they have preban AK clones and UZIs for sale.

I love it when people tell me Mass is safer because you can’t buy assault weapons and then I direct them to GunParlor in Worcester where they have preban AK clones and UZIs for sale.
And the fact that the violent crime rate in MA is 3X that of ME, NH, and VT all states that have Constitutional Carry

And the fact that the violent crime rate in MA is 3X that of ME, NH, and VT all states that have Constitutional Carry
But wait but there are other differences between these states. Correlation doesn’t equal causation. And, look European countries don’t have these problems. LOL.

That was a long ass time ago, yet people still repeat it like any gun legislation is a death sentence for Democrats... lets try this to put it into more modern terms.. When was the last Democrat NOT elected due to sweeping...

Lots of dems in swingy contested areas get hosed over gun control. Think square states with districts that flip a lot. There are tons of those outside of new england.

Clinton even said it himself, though. He regretted signing the AWB because of what it did to the party. They lost control as an indirect result of the AWB. If you've watched congress, since then, most of the less dumb pols stay away from gun control. Hell Pelosi even killed AWB renewal attempts a few times when they had Obama and a dem majority. Because she didn't want to lose her wooden hammer, lol

The dems were eviscerated after Clinton/AWB. They needed Shrub Jr going full retard with a couple trillion dollar shitwars to get power back again.

Sweeping in my head is something is made illegal that otherwise used to be unregulated and plentiful. Complete parts kits, bumpstocks, etc. Death by a thousand cuts, they cuts were so minor you didn't even feel them :)
Yes, when you add them all up over decades it is "sweeping", but in this case we are talking about one bill thsr affects enough people that it costs politicians their office.

Bump stocks, most gun owners didn't care or even felt it, how many owned those?

Pass another AWB or a 1K% tax, and everyone will notice.

A bunch of unintended consequences I see here:
1. the bankruptcy of a number of firearms companies that rely on AR15 platform sales and accessories for a good percentage of their revenue because this will kill the industry
2. a run on anything deemed "assault weapon" as well as high capacity magazines
3. NES Classifieds filled with $20k prices for "pre-bans".
4. the underground polymer 3d printer industry becomes mainstream and criminals will be inundated with these coming from countries like Mexico.
Who cares if they’re $20k when the democrats are actively working to kill the value of US dollar and make it worthless? The idea of owning things needs to die in their eyes. They want a complete and utter welfare state with the masses fully dependent on them.

Back
Top Bottom