• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Approves Rule For Concealed Weapons Bill

What is the Hastings of Florida Amendment?

Looks like they are voting it down.

Edit: now they are voting on a Texas Amendment. What is that one?

Last edited:
Yeah it's Cicilline...basically his amendment would allow states (he mentioned the attorney generals) to decide which other state's permits will be accepted and which not (based on the own state's requirements for a permit)...an opt out option...which would put Martha in charge to decide - I know how that would end.
This would be the end for the whole bill.

So, basically an amendment that makes the bill do absolutely nothing?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Cicilline, RI- I have a question for you...

Since when do child sex offenders get CCW permits anyway?

Voting on passage now. It will pass.

It passed. I missed the final vote count. 274 to 153 ?

Last edited:
this isn't going to happen. its too flawed and some of the arguments make sense. they should propose a national license that meets reasonable requirements. states do not have the right to infringe on the right to keep & bear and the fed's need to make that clear with a concise, reasonable process for all law abiding citizens to have the ability to acquire a concealed carry permit in the USA.
but then again, our government can't run anything properly...

If Obama vetoes it, democrat gun owners will be pissed. Perhaps he will lose some of those votes in 2012.

they should propose a national license that meets reasonable requirements. states do not have the right to infringe on the right to keep & bear and the fed's need to make that clear with a concise, reasonable process for all law abiding citizens to have the ability to acquire a concealed carry permit in the USA.

How about a free man has the right to self defense, and the government can go F itself

So nine pages and no one who posted cares about states rights? What happened to all the supposed libertarians on this board? Oh that's right they are only libertarian when it suits them. If this bill passes (it won't), that is just another nail in the coffin of the republican party. Anyone who supports this and says they are a libertarian is lying. Stop giving the federal government MORE power!!!

This bill should never have even made it to the house floor for a vote.

this isn't going to happen. its too flawed and some of the arguments make sense. they should propose a national license that meets reasonable requirements. states do not have the right to infringe on the right to keep & bear and the fed's need to make that clear with a concise, reasonable process for all law abiding citizens to have the ability to acquire a concealed carry permit in the USA.
but then again, our government can't run anything properly...

So the states shouldn't be allowed to wipe their stately asses with the 2nd Amendment - but the federal government really should?

they should propose a national license that meets reasonable requirements.

You go ahead and explain 1 of 2 things and I'll retract the statement at the bottom of this post:

1.) How can a government license a right of the people? A right, that it does not grant, but recognizes that people are entitled to as a birthright? A right for which it recognizes as a birthright/god-given right of the people that shall not be infringed?

2.) How in any way, shape, or form, do you fail to understand how horrible of an idea it would be to grant the federal government the power to determine whether or not you meet its "reasonable requirements" to defend your own life in ALL 50 states?

Statement:

You've just said the absolute most ignorant statement that I've read so far in this debate. You NEED an education. You NEED to study American history, and you NEED to read the BOR and understand what it means and why it was written that way, before you spew your ignorant garbage all over the internet and make the rest of us look like a bunch of buffoons.

You also need to learn about gun control, and whether it is an effective measure to prevent crime. You need to study areas where there is 0 gun licensing, meaning that carrying concealed is 100% legal so long as you are not disqualified due to the current federal requirements, and get a grasp on whether those areas have more, less, or the same amount of crime.

And, you need to take this and many more things into account before you come up with some horrible horrible idea that invites the worst type of tyranny that any of us could imagine, such as giving the federal government the power to license one of our rights protected by the BOR in a manner that it has the authority to give and take that right based on whether an American citizen meets what it deems as "reasonable requirements"

A little less talk, and a little more on the listening and learning side of things is what you need.

Sorry for being harsh. I don't really mean it personally. Its just that you need to know why you were wrong and how very wrong you were for saying that.

Last edited:
"Stop putting American lives at risk, and put them to work"
Blow Me
Every anti brought up this bull$h1t, notice that? McGovern (screw that short, bald, fat, white businessman porker, POS) yapped about the same thing. And here we thought that the floor had dedicated this time to gun rights. Isn't job-control in the next building, and at a different time? STFU and stay on topic, or are they plagued with ADD, ADHD, ADDHHDDHDHHDDH, or the infamous Anxiety-Against-Arms? AAA? [rolf2]

guy on the train shoulda shot her too... bastard....
'course, i'd like this to pass because i live in a state that doesn't recognize ANYONE else's CC permits.... and no other state recognizes ours....
Carolyn McCarthy comes from a state that doesn't recognize anybody's CCW and doesn't issue non-res. Your rights to self-defense and preservation of self and family end at that c**t's borders, like Mass (thanks Mother Coakley[thumbsup]...and the same sentiment to you)

Can someone please shut this bitch Sheila Jackson Lee up! Save the lives of inforcement officers. Ya Right! and let the people die!
Because law-abiding citizens are zip-lining across borders to shoot cops now? Uh..............?

Cicilline, RI- I have a question for you...
Since when do child sex offenders get CCW permits anyway?
According to these jackasses, Sandusky might be able to get a CCW?

How about a free man has the right to self defense, and the government can go F itself
Oh, that’s just something out of fairy tales.

If Obama vetoes it, democrat gun owners will be pissed. Perhaps he will lose some of those votes in 2012.
People who care about the 2nd Amendment aren't voting for Obama no matter what. He won't lose any votes by vetoing it. And if he didn't veto it, he'd lose moonbat votes.

That said, it won't even come up for a vote in Senate, let alone pass. He won't have to veto it anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom