1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Hot tub control

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wickedcoolname, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Wickedcoolname

Wickedcoolname NES Member

Any electronics whizzes here? I have an Atera brand hot tub that I've had for years. The topside control panel sucks. It's a pcb touch pad and it's a pain to use. You have to push the little touch pad just right in order to change the temp or turn the Jets on and off.
    I was wondering if it is possible to build a better switch. Something like a dial or some other mechanical switch rather than the crappy touch pad.
    Any suggestions?

2. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

Back in the days of analog, it would be simple; but now you have digital that goes through a ‘stepper’ circuit that counts up/down based on button pushes (on/off or 1/0).

You are pretty much stuck with what you have.

Snora likes this.
  3. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

plus there is the whole safety issue....where you need low voltage protected circuitry because wet....unlikely you could find a replacement.

instead of your fingers, have you tried using a blunt pointed plastic stylus to push the buttons with?

4. n1oty

n1oty NES Member

The main problem is that you have a very low end tub, hence everything in it is low quality. Your choices are to replace the topside control with another by the same company and hope that it works better or replace the entire electronics package of the tub with something better in quality. The problem with the latter suggestion is that is a lot of work and pricey for a quality control system.