• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hot Brass range in Springfield

I haven't tried the range yet, but the store looks real nice. Prices are decent too.

Gun prices only or in general? For rentals it says you have to use their ammo, I know 50cal isn't cheap lol just want to make sure it's not rapey(if we go out there)

Pulling the trigger on a 50 cal is a lot like pulling the handle on a slot machine! Lots of fun, but you have to pace yourself when it's $3-$4 a pull ;)

Is it actually .50 BMG? .50 Beo sounds more likely. Or .50 AE. Shooting a .50 BMG at 90' is just a waste.

From their FB page

41039234_266670910636860_2661057772623233024_n.jpg

Hot Brass

I hope they run a tight ship. The only thing I’m afraid of are issues like they had at the smith and Wesson range. I never went but I heard horror stories about it. A large public range like that could be great at getting a new generation acquainted with shooting.

I’d also love to rent the .50 just because I’ve never shot one.

I hope they run a tight ship. The only thing I’m afraid of are issues like they had at the smith and Wesson range. I never went but I heard horror stories about it. A large public range like that could be great at getting a new generation acquainted with shooting.

I’d also love to rent the .50 just because I’ve never shot one.

My understanding was you needed to have LTC/FID to be on the range. Not that having a license says much. I was shooting at Smith's range when I was maybe 12 or 13 and don't remember anything "horror story"-esque.

My understanding was you needed to have LTC/FID to be on the range. Not that having a license says much. I was shooting at Smith's range when I was maybe 12 or 13 and don't remember anything "horror story"-esque.

From the site

LANE RENTAL
We are a PUBLIC range, you do NOT have to be a member to rent a lane and/or firearm at Hot Brass.

NON-MEMBER FIREARM LANE RENTAL:

NON-MEMBERS - MUST HAVE A FIREARMS PERMIT (OUT OF STATE PERMITS ARE ACCEPTED FOR FIREARM RENTALS such as CT, NY, etc.), ALL MASS LAWS APPLY FOR TRANSPORTATION/POSSESSION OF FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, AMMUNITION COMPONENTS

•$26.95 per person for 1 hour of FIREARM shooting; add $15.00 to share a lane with a friend.
•$10.00 gun rentals (excluding 50 cal, Specialty Guns, Machine Guns/Suppressors- Must purchase shop ammo for ALL rentals)

* Class A LTC holders, 21 and over are allowed to rent/shoot high or low capacity handguns and high or low capacity long guns

*FID CARD holders must be 18 or older and allowed to rent/shoot low capacity long guns

* FID CARD holders under 18 must share a lane with a FIREARMS permitted person OVER 21 years of age

* ALL FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS MUST PASS A SAFETY TEST*

Bow Lane Rental:

• $20.00 per person for 30 minutes on a BOW lane; add $10.00 to share a lane with a friend
>Don’t Have a Massachusetts Firearms License?

+Schedule a LIVE FIRE personal range session with one of our certified instructors for only $85 ($35 for each additional shooter, limit 3 shooters per instructor). Rent the gun of your choice and purchase shop ammunition.

**MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS CAN BRING THEIR OWN FACTORY AMMUNITION (NO RELOADS) FOR THEIR PERSONAL FIREARMS*....No steel jacket or steel core.

**ALL RENTAL GUNS REQUIRE SHOP PURCHASED AMMUNITION*

>HOT BRASS STAFF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHECK ALL AMMUNITION ON OUR PREMISES AND HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE<

Gun prices only or in general? For rentals it says you have to use their ammo, I know 50cal isn't cheap lol just want to make sure it's not rapey(if we go out there)

I was just looking at guns for sale. The range seems a little pricy for membership to me, but ok to get a quick hour in without the mwmbership.

I like my outdoor range that allows me to bring my kids and isn’t over the top with safety nazis. I also like to make a day of it.

I was just looking at guns for sale. The range seems a little pricy for membership to me, but ok to get a quick hour in without the mwmbership.

I like my outdoor range that allows me to bring my kids and isn’t over the top with safety nazis. I also like to make a day of it.

My friend and I were thinking of going at some point for the 50, but it's a mission

WTF are you going to do with a 50cal on a 30 yard range?

$425 for a limited membership that only gives 30 minutes range time on weekends and an hour on weekdays... lmao.

$315 for a LE membership.. Most of the ranges wave the fee completely.

A full membership is $575

Kendall has always been a rapist.

Id rather spend the $575 on some really good cold weather gear and shoot at any of the beautiful outdoor ranges we have in Western Ma. Then you can you know use a holster.. move around.. you know real shooting.

Last edited:
It reduces the chance the renter is using rental to obtain a suicide gun.

i also read this article, looks pretty nice but pricey. After 65 yr old $225.0 a year, I'm 2 yrs away. I'll check it out, GF lives in Westfield.

Just like they used to like killing our American boys overseas a few years back.
WTF are you talking about? I work with many Asians, mostly Cambodians who survived the Killing Fields. Many Asians are big fans of the 2nd Amendment, guess why?

I'm local and will check the new store out.....range prices are insane IMO but I'm sure they'll keep busy....a friend just bought an unlimited membership for $575....he's brand new to firearms and though it was a good deal......I told him I have an unlimited membership to Agawam for $120 a year.....and there's a nice inside and outside range....

Anyways, I hope they do well as their local and put $millions into that complex.....really did a nice job with it.....maybe I'll buy a new gun....

That fee schedule is absolutely insane, even @ MFL for off the street people isn't nearly that expensive.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom