HOT .357

LuvToGoFast

NES Member
180 gr. Hard Cast LFN -GC (1400 fps/ME 783 ft lbs)

158 gr. JHP (1475 fps/ME 763 ft lbs)

125 gr. JHP (1700 fps/ME 802 ft lbs)

Can someone help me with the differences? I understand heavier bullet, and more powder
How does that affect recoil, felt recoil...

Edit: These are from the Buffalo Bore site

Those are definitely hot. I have the 180’s and I can’t remember if it’s the 158’s or 125’s I have also. Regardless, they’re all hot.

The nastiest buffalo bore ammo I have is the 340 gr +p hardcast 44 mag. WOW. Literally feels like your hand is being whacked with a sledgehammer.

Those are definitely hot. I have the 180’s and I can’t remember if it’s the 158’s or 125’s I have also. Regardless, they’re all hot.

The nastiest buffalo bore ammo I have is the 340 gr +p hardcast 44 mag. WOW. Literally feels like your hand is being whacked with a sledgehammer.

I agree with Andrew. Theyre going to be fun to shoot a few but very expensive and they are heavy loads in all cases.
Some normal factory 158s are pretty fun an economical compared to B.B.
If you like to shoot a lot and think you’re going to be burning up a ton of 357 look into a basic reloading set up.
Hell I used a lee loader for a couple months before I picked up a set of dies and caliber conversion for my 550

That just seems irresponsible. Yowzas.

ETA: I've always thought "Man, these 44 magnums are kind of weak. Maybe we could add a hundred grains and spice it up to a +P."

Last edited:
4" GP-100 I want something powerful, just for fun at the range
Remington green and white box 125 grain sjsp. Much cheaper than buff bore......and they are hot as hell.

Imo when it comes to recoil with respect to projo weight and speed........has to do with what I call impulse......lighter bullets accelerate faster giving that recoil over a shorter duration. Heavier bullets accelerate slower and may give more rearward energy (recoil) but it's over a longer duration.

I find 125 grain doing 1700 in a 357 to sting way more than 180 158 grain doing 1400.

That said.....the green and white box Remy 125 grain jsjp or sjhp out of a 4 inch barrel will bark loud and also give a big muzzle flash. Not a good bedroom gun round at all.....but damn fun at the range.

Last edited:
LOVE that stuff, awesome in my SuperRedhawk 7 1/2". @LuvToGoFast is welcome to try it out. And bring the 357 Buffalo Bore, we can compare your GP100 4" to my 6" and SP101 357 snubbie. If none of those cure your recoil itch, 12ga slugs out of a pistol grip 18" shotty will:) THAT'S some fun times

The buffalo bore ammo is all hype and retarded overpriced. If you want warm stuff go with Underwood.

Back
Top Bottom