hospital deductibles; how to evade them

had a gall bladder operation backfire on me and ended up in the hospital for 4 days with treatment after. i have medicare and pay $50 month for the supplement. had to go in for 3 hrs for a simple treatment: $1600 which medicare paid, then they added and extra $90 deductible. had had may of these charges including $1000 one for 4 hospital days. how i got out of it: first tell them to bill you for don't have that much on person or in my account, then refuse to pay the bills. when collection calls tell them you are a senior citizen, on fixed income and don't have it. they dismissed the bills. feel they have been paid enough for their ridiculous fees and don't need any more: scum and illegals get it all free.

I can understand you may not have money. But it sounds ridiculous that you are advocating for non-payment while ranting about "scum getting it all free".

Pot meet Kettle.....

Ya but someone does pay for it in the end. The tax payer. So while it may be free to you it’s not free to me.

Opinions May vary.
the point was they have been paid enough and don't need any more; why a deductible? which most likely goes to pay for welfare and illegals

scum and illegals get it all free.

If illegals and scum get it free, it's because the hospital makes the same assessment of their ability to pay as they do yours. Not sure how you are seeing yourself in a different category, it all gets written down as a loss for the hospital that provided you service.

I can understand you may not have money. But it sounds ridiculous that you are advocating for non-payment while ranting about "scum getting it all free".

Pot meet Kettle.....
the point was they have been paid enough and don't need any more; why a deductible? which most likely goes to pay for welfare and illegals

If illegals and scum get it free, it's because the hospital makes the same assessment of their ability to pay as they do yours. Not sure how you are seeing yourself in a different category, it all gets written down as a loss for the hospital that provided you service.

The deductible is YOUR portion of the total bill. You agree to pay this as part of your policy. You either pay it, or you are the same as the scum getting it free.

The deductible has nothing to do with that money going to anyone but the service provider (hospital). You agreed to pay the deductible when you got your medical insurance.

I know at what point he knew it was a bad idea LOL
Let me guess.....when he edited the original post to "mmm" thinking it would all just go away.......but before someone else quoted it so we could all read it. Lol

Also..... in before the lock

Last edited:
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, if your insurance isn't that great(and can afford to take a LoA at work) or retired but know you have some issues to get sorted out get a gig at Amazon.

Basically if you can pass a background check(which nobody here should have an issue with) and a drug test you are in. While the pay and working there can suck the benefits are really good, hell it's pretty much the reason most folks stay(although there are a lot of paste eating window lickers, this being their best chance at a "career"). Medical(BCBS PPO), dental(Delta), and vision(VSP) start day 1 for FT positions, vision and dental start day 1 for PT positions(no medical for you!). Get yourself fixed up then quit.

What makes it better is it's stupid cheap(PT get free dental and vision), $443.82 annually for myself.
benies cost.jpg

If anyone considers doing this make sure you're hired as an Amazon employee(blue badge) and not some agency/temp employee(yellow badge). Also make sure you get everything you need done taken care of because once you quit you'll need to wait a year to re-apply if other health issues pop up.

Should have kept your gall bladder.

Would he have had more gall than now or not? LOL

NA - you're pissed. I get it. Your deductible is a calculated bet you make between needing the most medical care and saving $. You chose a deductible that gave you low costs. The trade-off is that if you need help, you are shelling out. You could have gone Medex Gold (or whatever it's called now). Probably $325/mo with presecription. No deductibles. No copays. Downside is that you pay $4K/yr forever.

You pay $50/mo (plus Part B) and you got stuck for $90 for a several-thousand-dollar procedure/stay. Cough up the $90. It's $90. Not $9,000.

I'll take the OP's side. Civic responsibility is so 20th Century. Be a taker at every opportunity, paying your way is for suckers. Why be a maker for a system that hates you?

Of course for the OP's plan to work you do have to be relatively impoverished so the story is believable.

I'll take the OP's side. Civic responsibility is so 20th Century. Be a taker at every opportunity, paying your way is for suckers. Why be a maker for a system that hates you?

Of course for the OP's plan to work you do have to be relatively impoverished so the story is believable.

As long as I the tax payer do not have to fund it....It's all good. Let him have at it.

Back
Top Bottom