• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hospital carry

Like others have said, the MRI magnet is on 24/7 and have been described as "cartoon strength". I wouldn't be worried about it until you get to within about 5 feet of the unit itself. It's at that point I think she'll start to feel the pull.

In 2009 some psycho started stabbing his shrink at MGH and a carrying security guard took him down.

Here's the thread on it:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ent-50-staniford-st-ltc-holder-saves-day.html

And yeah the moonbats started lining up to crucify this person until someone LE agency came forward claiming he was a "one of theirs".

MGH (along with like half of cambridge) is owned by Harvard University. Expect someone to argue that the the entire hospital campus is part of the grounds of the school.

Just a side note on MRI's...

I always had to get an eye x-ray before getting an MRI...

Working on vehicles the Doctors were worried about metal in my eyes being ripped out by the MRI, so they just did the x-ray to be safe...

Something to think about if you ever need an MRI...

Might want to check if your wife's employer has a weapons policy.... Don't want her getting the boot if another coworker or patient sees something weather on her person or not..... Just a suggestion, good luck....

Just a side note on MRI's...

I always had to get an eye x-ray before getting an MRI...

Working on vehicles the Doctors were worried about metal in my eyes being ripped out by the MRI, so they just did the x-ray to be safe...

Something to think about if you ever need an MRI...

Not ripped out, ripped in, as into the brain from the front of your eyes

The MRI suites all have lockers for the patients. Slip it in one of them and keep the key. The key is brass and shouldn't be an issue

The MRI suites all have lockers for the patients. Slip it in one of them and keep the key. The key is brass and shouldn't be an issue
In-patient ones usually do not. Besides, taking your gun out where others can see probably isn't the smartest thing to do. In addition, as others have mentioned, if the patient is sick the nurse might not even be able to leave his/her side.

I have had an individual under my custody while in the hospital. Always been armed, and have had many individuals need MRIs. never had any problems with my weapon as long as i was not in the room when the machine is engaged.

Back
Top Bottom