• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

horrifying Washington home invasion caught on video

Scary for sure. Horrifying and heart crushing would have been if they had decided just robbing the place and ignoring the woman weren't enough.

Neighbor Courtney Hill watched the video. She said locking doors is the only way she can protect her family.
"It's just me to protect my kids," she said. "If somebody was to break into my house, what am I supposed to do against two guys that break into your house?"

I've got some ideas for you, Courtney, but it sounds like you're more the victim type.

gotta watch out for this scenario because in some states its illegal to shoot someone simply for stealing from you. They want you to prove bodily harm. I believe RI and AZ are two of them. I guess those states would rather that you run and hide in your own house.

gotta watch out for this scenario because in some states its illegal to shoot someone simply for stealing from you. They want you to prove bodily harm. I believe RI and AZ are two of them. I guess those states would rather that you run and hide in your own house.

RI actually has a decent castle law, with no duty to retreat.

Last edited:
This is why you have an alarm system and a some big f'ing dogs. Let them rob someone else. Layer that security.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Just because:
https://tobinlawoffice.com/2016/03/...-when-is-assault-or-physical-force-justified/

In every state, you will have to prove some level of intent to do harm. No state has a 'blast away' policy. Except maybe Texas, Texas has a very liberal policy with regards to protecting property. I don't know if the case that made the news a while back for shooting a burglary suspect has finalized, but last I heard, no charges were filed against the neighbor that protected his neighbor's property.

edit: I erased the mention that the link was for AZ laws.

edit2: I agree with UNSUB above, alarm and a dog as a deterrent. If they come in after all that, I don't think you'll have much trouble proving intent.

Last edited:
Texas and NES-country. I'm pretty sure there are guys here that believe if I pet your dog without permission, they have a right to pop a cap in my ash. :rofl:

But in that circumstance, kick door, turn corner, get moved into adjoining hallway due to shotgun blast to COM.

Didn't watch the video, can't at work, maybe later.

Last I knew CT was one that you have to attempt to retreat before you can be justified in firing. I would not shoot a guy in the back if he were leaving my house with my TV. A few warning shots so he doesn't come back, sure.

If, however he was standing in my house he is probably going to get shot at. If I get him I will follow up with a couple of "warning shots" to appease the liberal shelter in place and pee yourself folks. "See those holes in the ceiling officer, those were my warning shots as I was backing up retreating."

BTW, that neighbor lady that was quoted may as well wear a shirt that says, "I'm defenseless and stupid, come rape me and kill me kids." Idiot.

Last edited:
BTW, that neighbor lady that was quoted may as well wear a shirt that says, "I'm defenseless and stupid, come rape me and kill me kids." Idiot.

Yep, I thought the same thing. It's like posting your vacation plans on social media.

Too bad they arent using the video to help identify them because the dental records were inconclusive....

Didn't watch the video, can't at work, maybe later.

Last I knew CT was one that you have to attempt to retreat before you can be justified in firing. I would not shoot a guy in the back if he were leaving my house with my TV. A few warning shots so he doesn't come back, sure.

If, however he was standing in my house he is probably going to get shot at. If I get him I will follow up with a couple of "warning shots" to appease the liberal shelter in place and pee yourself folks. "See those holes in the ceiling officer, those were my warning shots as I was backing up retreating."

To give you an idea, woman (I think) is behind closed door. At least 2 thugs walk in and kick in door and ask her where her valuables are. Debate rages, but if she'd shot when door was kicked in, I'd bet money she'd be ok, but all they do is rummage around and then leave.

Back
Top Bottom