Horrible Co-Worker Vent Thread

J.A.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok, We all have them and I think I am surrounded by a abnormally large number. HORRIBLE CO-WORKERS.

Let this be your place to vent without getting in trouble at work.

I recently had the pleasure of watching a co-worker who is a pure idiot spend THREE full days creating a travel itinerary for her trip to Napa Valley. I mean looking up Maps, hand typing directions, looking up reviews on every possible hotel and restaurant and in the end printing a 20 page packet for everyone that is going. Her screen faces me and she has thick fake nails from the 80's so I can't help but look when it sounds like a hammer is being taken to the keyboard.

She went and came back and then posted a review on Yelp for every place she went, ask her to help with work and she has a mental breakdown. She is a Yelp Elite, which she acts like is some blessing from God.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh, where do I start. I work for a very small company and my boss isn't the sharpest tool. I won't go into it to much other than about 4 times a day I have WTF moments and am in utter disbelief that he has been running the company this way for the past 20 years. My life is the Horrible Bosses movie in real life. I could spend hours venting, how about the fact he doesn't know the business at all and relies on employees to carry it. The average employee turnover rate is about 2 years here, I set a new record at 3 years.

J.A.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My job hired a guy to conduct trainings for end users, been almost a year, hasn't done a training. He does dry run trainings with his boss that are horrible so they won't let him train real users. He is very hard to understand when he talks, why he would apply for a training job and why someone would actually hire him is beyond belief. So he sits and surfs the web, his biggest priority is where is he going for lunch.

Funny how the thought of giving a hard worker say a $5,000 or $10,000 raise is like asking for blood from as stone but paying someone a whole salary to do nothing seems ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is worse than having to work with an alcoholic who is in denial.......and having to deal with High Voltage.[angry]
Sounds like a recipe for serious sh*t storm.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I once had a boss who would say stuff like "How much does an air handler cost?"

I'd say "That can vary pretty wildly. Could be $10K, could be $250K"

He'd say "OK, I'm going to put down $100K. Does that sound about right?"

And off he would go.

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I could start a blog. If only I was an English major. [laugh]

I will say. Zamboni drivers are a special breed of retarded.
Many repeat failures with zero lessons learned.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work Problem: Client has older operating system that manages IP connections differently.

GoldenBoy: Best buds with company president, takes 3 months, with 3 other golden employees, spends $100k, developing small piece of dongle hardware that adjusts the IP connections appropriately.

RegularGuy: After golden boy finishes, suggests instead / correctly to spend only $500 on a device driver, done in 2 weeks.

Aftermath: GoldenBoy gets promotion. Regular guy gets laid off.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

And off he would go.
Great idea! That way when he gets a bid (from your new LLC) for, say, $135k, he'll think it's right in line and award you the contract.

Lank

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I share an office with a guy who has a really bad post nasal drip.....every 10 mins he lets out a giant snort and needles shoot through my eyeballs

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I call into my boss years ago, but the call goes to my boss's boss by mistake. Secretary answers:

"Fred Flintston's office, this is Irene Idiot speaking, how can I help you?"

I explain to Irene that I was looking instead for Barney Rubble. She tells I have the wrong extension and could I please call back? OK...

"Barney Rubble's office, this is Irene Idiot speaking, how can I help you?"

Oh, hi Irene, it's Rich again. can I speak with Barney? To which Irene replies...

"Barney is not in the office, can I take a message?"

Ok then...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[rofl]Odds are that if everyone around you is a poc then it's you that has the problem. However there are people out there that are a waste of skin.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ugh, I couldnt handle being stuck in an office with the unwashed masses every day. 98% of my coworkers in NE are either field techs who work remotely, or sales who work from home.

I have one coworker, every time we speak.....every god damn time we speak he whines. He whines from the start right to the end of the long drawn out conversation which I ALWAYS have to end abruptly because I "have to call someone else" or "the customer just walked up" In reality, I'm about to shove a 1911 in my mouth and end it.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

And off he would go.
His bids must have been a disaster.

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is years ago, but I still remember it. Our support teams were segregated physically so in order to discuss another product integration, you would physically have to find someone at their cube. This one fat shit would literally wait until someone had to ask him a question in order to trim his nails. He would lean back in his chair and clip his finger nails AND toenails while you talked to him. To make things worse, he would just let the clippings fly around his cube like an AR spring. Pretty sure I was hit by a few of them.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is years ago, but I still remember it. Our support teams were segregated physically so in order to discuss another product integration, you would physically have to find someone at their cube. This one fat shit would literally wait until someone had to ask him a question in order to trim his nails. He would lean back in his chair and clip his finger nails AND toenails while you talked to him. To make things worse, he would just let the clippings fly around his cube like an AR spring. Pretty sure I was hit by a few of them.
Simple solution... do a little spring cleaning and wipe it on his desk.

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 99%
94   1   1
ugh, I couldnt handle being stuck in an office with the unwashed masses every day. 98% of my coworkers in NE are either field techs who work remotely, or sales who work from home.

I have one coworker, every time we speak.....every god damn time we speak he whines. He whines from the start right to the end of the long drawn out conversation which I ALWAYS have to end abruptly because I "have to call someone else" or "the customer just walked up" In reality, I'm about to shove a 1911 in my mouth and end it.
Well stop whining and do it. LOL!

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

And off he would go.

I spent a couple lifetimes in HVAC. Family owned business, and they were one hell of a family.

Son walks in, tells me to release a fan for a job he's doing. Sure thing. It's a special order fan for a lab. 8 weeks delivery from the day it's released, as clearly stated from the very beginning of the bid process. I remind him of this, and he tells me to "get that gdmn fcking fan on the job by next Friday" and storms out. Yeah, okay. It has to be manufactured, it's not sitting in a warehouse, it's built in Canada, and after being manufactured has to be trucked down and go through Customs. (for those of you not in HVAC, this is a couple hundred thousand dollar "fan"). You didn't release it, I can't get it any sooner, and your temper tantrum isn't going to change anything.

And that's the kind of crap that happened day in and day out.

I don't work there any more -- and they've apparently gone out of business.

DukeNukem

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I worked at Lynn Ladder and Scaffolding a long time ago in sales, selling ladders and shit, figuring out scaffolding jobs and such. One of our salesman would get up every single time a customer would pull in the parking lot or a call would come in for a scaffold quote that takes a while to figure out and either go out back for a cigarette or go to the head and sit there until one of us got up to help the customer or took the call and then magically appear again, it made me insane. I never was so happy to see someone get fired.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing is worse than having to work with an alcoholic who is in denial.......and having to deal with High Voltage.[angry]
Wouldn't eventually become a self correcting problem? [rofl] Granted, there will be some paperwork...but the problem goes away. [rofl2]

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I spent a couple lifetimes in HVAC. Family owned business, and they were one hell of a family.

Son walks in, tells me to release a fan for a job he's doing. Sure thing. It's a special order fan for a lab. 8 weeks delivery from the day it's released, as clearly stated from the very beginning of the bid process. I remind him of this, and he tells me to "get that gdmn fcking fan on the job by next Friday" and storms out. Yeah, okay. It has to be manufactured, it's not sitting in a warehouse, it's built in Canada, and after being manufactured has to be trucked down and go through Customs. (for those of you not in HVAC, this is a couple hundred thousand dollar "fan"). You didn't release it, I can't get it any sooner, and your temper tantrum isn't going to change anything.

And that's the kind of crap that happened day in and day out.

I don't work there any more -- and they've apparently gone out of business.
I worked for a couple of the bigger non union HVAC companies and i can sympathize with you. A lot of times we were the ones that had to explain to the customer why a piece of equipment wasn't on the job or why there were only 3 guys on site instead of a whole crew.
One time we were working at Harvard and getting all sorts of crap so my boss told the GC that our company treats Harvard like an old whore, we show up when its the only thing we can screw. We were politely asked to leave that day![smile]

Top Bottom