• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hornady, We have a problem.

So today while cycling thru the ammo, while carefully examining the issue, I noticed the slide had a slight stutter while feeding the bullet properly into the chamber. The rubber tips inside of the hollow points (hornady critical 135grain) were getting stuck, not fully stuck, better yet they were having a hard time sliding on the little 'ramp' of the barrel, after sliding off the magazine, into the chamber.
Glock 19 gen 4.

Can anyone understand what I just said ? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they cycle when fired?

I run the same ammo in my gen4 g19. Never had an issue feeding or firing.

So today while cycling thru the ammo, while carefully examining the issue, I noticed the slide had a slight stutter while feeding the bullet properly into the chamber. The rubber tips inside of the hollow points (hornady critical 135grain) were getting stuck, not fully stuck, better yet they were having a hard time sliding on the little 'ramp' of the barrel, after sliding off the magazine, into the chamber.
Glock 19 gen 4.

Can anyone understand what I just said ? lol

Can you make a video of that? Were you shooting the gun or just hand-cycling the ammo? Are we drunk posting? Some guns will do funny things with ammo if you hand-cycle the gun.

i run them in my sig938 & ruger sr9c. never had an issue except the price of them.

i should add i've run over 100 thru each, if i'm gonna edc with them i want to make sure they will work.

another edit point: you should not continually hand cycle ammo over & over. setback, ejector scratches. etc.

Last edited:
Hornady CD is usually friendly to feed ramps.

If this was happening on the last round in a magazine it may pertain to a known feed problem unique to JHP that occurs with the magazines that come with the G19 Gen4. Take a look at the top of your magazine follower and if it says 2183, with the number 2 forward of it in a small recess, then call Glock customer service and ask them to send you replacement mag followers called 9mm3. They will do so at no charge and they will know what you are calling about. Though taking a Gen4 magazine apart is a PITA it takes only 1-2 minutes to break it down, swap out the follower, and reassemble.

I had this same issue with my M&P 9C and it would hang up when feeding the next round. Did not make me feel comfortable so I changed carry ammo.

5c0ffd175107fcbfa11d7240aad255c1.jpg

Yup !

Back
Top Bottom